Scotland fans booing their own players - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Scotland fans booing their own players

GRBear

• Replies 318
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

6 minutes ago, Angusfifer said:

Because it will help motivate a player who has just misplaced a pass to do better next time?

I don't know. I prefer more orthodox forms of encouragement myself... 

The player in this instance never touched the ball. 

Made a schoolboy error interacting with the anti Scottish element of the Rangers support on twitter - forgetting that

1 - They are looking for any excuse to reaffirm their hatred of Scotland

2 - My profile pic is me in my kilt

That being said - booing Lee Wallace (which would appear to have happened) is not on

It's another reason we are shite. Booing at half time when I don't think Scotland had played that badly was a just dumb. The crowd should be getting behind the team but every shot of the crowd was folk in Scotland tops with folded arms.

From the TV the crowd was quiet most of the game unless they were getting at the Scotland players. 

Not sure how we fix that.  

3 hours ago, kmcca5 said:

It's another reason we are shite. Booing at half time when I don't think Scotland had played that badly was a just dumb. 

I agree and it is not the first time this has happened. Getting embarrassing and I would not mind betting that our players prefer playing away from home.

I am aware of the well-paid professional argument but these are young men and we should support them properly. Hampden used to be a place where we were strong.

We need new songs too..

Wallace plays for Rangers that's why a minority boo him.  A minority of die hard Yes voters who haven't gotten over the fact No won the referendum and Rangers celebrate everything Yes voters hate.  Might be wrong but that's my opinion, no one can deny there is a strong hatred for Rangers amongst a lot of the TA.