Minute of Applause - 39th Minute - Page 3 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Minute of Applause - 39th Minute

Parklife

29 minutes ago, stocky said:

i see you managed to get Hello.................. Hello into a thread    well done ;);)

Unintentional stocky I assure you. 

I've no time for club allegiances when it's Scotland time.

All together I say. :)

Thanks for commenting mate. 

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

you want to go to the Aviva frequently, there are that many rounds of applause before games for mostly people that most people have  never heard of I was half wondering if Jessica Fletcher should be called in to investigate people connected with the FAI dying

I barely remember a game where the wasn't a round of applause

34 minutes ago, Stu101 said:

Yeah, this is a daft idea.

Sure he was an Northern Irish fan.

His nationality is irrelevant. He was on the way to a Rangers game, so any commemorative event should be at the next Rangers home game, if at all.

15 hours ago, Debian said:

I wasn't aware he was N.Irish - regardless, I would say no to Saturday.

St Johnstone have said they are going to do something when we play them on the 26th for it though.

Saw that. Bloody embarrassing. My club's support have some amount of fuds these days.

5 hours ago, Ormond said:

Saw that. Bloody embarrassing. My club's support have some amount of fuds these days.

This was confusing me a bit. By the time that game comes around Rangers will have played 2 others games since the guy died.

We play them in their next game actually.

What about the two people killed in a car crash in Dumfries and Galloway on Saturday? I think they were 49 and 55, we could applaud then two. In fact there was probably people of all ages from one to ninety died somewhere on Saturday, so we could just have applause from the 1at to the 90th minute. I was slated for being disrespectful because I didn't support a minutes applause for the Rangers fan that died. But the ones ( IMO) being disrespectful are those that put one life above others. Unless you know him or have some attachment then there's no need to show any more respect to him than any other person you don't know. 

A football fan on the way to a football game in Scotland lost his life. A minutes silence by fellow football fans would be a nice gesture to show solidarity as football fans. Some things are bigger than club allegiances. Most of the clubs across Scotland made nice statements of condolence which as a Rangers fan was much appreciated. We should be united as Scotland supporters regardless of the club we support. Such a gesture could go a long way to bringing our support together. It has been more fractured in recent times than I remember it ever being in the past. I would happily observe a minutes silence if this terrible tragedy had happened to a fan of any other club in Scotland.

Hopefully we can will be in the middle of a loud TA singsong with us being in awe of the performance on the pitch when the 39th minute arrives!

Then, those who wish to applaud, can applaud. Those who wish to sing, can sing. Those who wish to stare at their mobiles, can stare at their mobiles. Everyone's happy......:)

52 minutes ago, Kris Boyd said:

A football fan on the way to a football game in Scotland lost his life. A minutes silence by fellow football fans would be a nice gesture to show solidarity as football fans. Some things are bigger than club allegiances. Most of the clubs across Scotland made nice statements of condolence which as a Rangers fan was much appreciated. We should be united as Scotland supporters regardless of the club we support. Such a gesture could go a long way to bringing our support together. It has been more fractured in recent times than I remember it ever being in the past. I would happily observe a minutes silence if this terrible tragedy had happened to a fan of any other club in Scotland.

He was in his way to a football match involving Rangers. If I was a Rangers fan or it happened to a Motherwell fan on the way to a have then I'd expect my club to have a minutes silence/applause before or during the next home game. Same thing if it happened on the way to a Scotland hand I'd expect the Sfa to organise something as well as the club he supported.  Someone on Facebook Tamb said they'd be taking a Northern Ireland flag to Saturday's game to pay his respects. To whom does he think he'd be paying them to? Also when I asked if the guy was from  the Republic of Ireland and a Celtic fan or an England fan of he'd take a flag of  any of those he never replied. We are becoming a nation of attention seekers and grief junkys, leave the grieving to his family and friends and leave any football tributes to his club. 

Edited by tam4ritchie
None

56 minutes ago, Kris Boyd said:

Absolute nonsense 

1 hour ago, tam4ritchie said:

What about the two people killed in a car crash in Dumfries and Galloway on Saturday? I think they were 49 and 55, we could applaud then two. In fact there was probably people of all ages from one to ninety died somewhere on Saturday, so we could just have applause from the 1at to the 90th minute. I was slated for being disrespectful because I didn't support a minutes applause for the Rangers fan that died. But the ones ( IMO) being disrespectful are those that put one life above others. Unless you know him or have some attachment then there's no need to show any more respect to him than any other person you don't know. 

I wondered where you were. :lol: Go have a read of the closed threads in football related. FFS I was taken aback at the ferocity of response from folk who I am pretty sure had zero connection with the chap who died. People are fecking mental. Being accused of attention seeking and having personal abuse thrown at you by raging spittle gobbed idiots for pointing out 'attention seeking'... aye ok then ya bams. 

1 hour ago, Kris Boyd said:

No one gives a flying feck what team he supports. 

Hope this helps :ok: 

Does anyone know if tescos, Morrisons, sainsburys etc are having a tribute for the Asda driver killed in Saturday? Where do we draw the line, if an Irish Chelsea fan died in his way to a game do you think Wembley would or should have a tribute? Sorry but not for me, stuff like this is more for the people participating than the person that died. 

3 hours ago, Kris Boyd said:

So we need to have a minutes silence at every game after fan dies then ?

Also the guy in question had some really nasty opinions about Muslim immigrants and Irish Catholics, and was prone to sharing online articles from the neo-fascist Britain First movement. 

We don't need this ridiculous minutes silence at all.

2 hours ago, tam4ritchie said:

He was in his way to a football match involving Rangers. If I was a Rangers fan or it happened to a Motherwell fan on the way to a have then I'd expect my club to have a minutes silence/applause before or during the next home game. Same thing if it happened on the way to a Scotland hand I'd expect the Sfa to organise something as well as the club he supported.  Someone on Facebook Tamb said they'd be taking a Northern Ireland flag to Saturday's game to pay his respects. To whom does he think he'd be paying them to? Also when I asked if the guy was from  the Republic of Ireland and a Celtic fan or an England fan of he'd take a flag of  any of those he never replied. We are becoming a nation of attention seekers and grief junkys, leave the grieving to his family and friends and leave any football tributes to his club. 

FFS. Hope the stewards take it off him. Let me guess what club that guy supports ...........

Can someone tell me just what was so special about his particular guy ?

I don't remember the calls for a massive commemoration when that lad fell to his death at the Celtic Park game vs Ireland.

Edited by ErsatzThistle

10 minutes ago, ErsatzThistle said:

Also the guy in question had some really nasty opinions about Muslim immigrants and Irish Catholics, and was prone to sharing online articles from the neo-fascist Britain First movement. 

FFS. Hope the stewards take it off him. Let me guess what club that guy supports ...........

I don't remember the calls for a massive commemoration when that lad fell to his death at the Celtic Park game vs Ireland.

There was a minutes silence for Nathan McSeveney at the England game, and also I know we had one at the Rangers Alloa game the following day.

5 minutes ago, Bzzzz said:

Was there no a minute's silence for him at the England game?

4 minutes ago, Debian said:

There was a minutes silence for Nathan McSeveney at the England game, and also I know we had one at the Rangers Alloa game the following day.

And rightly so. A Scotland fan died at a Scotland game 4 days previous. 

A completely different situation to a Northern Irishman dying on the way to a game of football that just happened to be being played in Scotland. 

Whilst there was a small tribute to the lad that died at Celtic Park, I certainly don't recall any kneejerk "something must be done" gimmicks put about by people online. 

And Nathan McSeveney at least did not share the xenophobic beliefs that Mr Baird did.

8 minutes ago, Parklife said:

And rightly so. A Scotland fan died at a Scotland game 4 days previous. 

A completely different situation to a Northern Irishman dying on the way to a game of football that just happened to be being played in Scotland. 

Agree 100%

I'd suggest this is best left to the club. 

1 hour ago, ErsatzThistle said:

Saw this also, some of things shared on facebook page was not very nice about burning refugees.