Best (non-Old Firm) Foreigners to Have Played In Scotland - Page 2 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Best (non-Old Firm) Foreigners to Have Played In Scotland

1 minute ago, flumax said:

Was ravenelli any good at Dundee, can't remember, so probably not. Heck of a player elsewhere though 

Think he only played a hand full of games before his contract was terminated, and think his only goals came against Cyde in the cup.

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sergei Baltacha at Saints. How the hell a player like that came to Perth, I'll never know. I always mind as a wee lad Saints had an open day where he laid out all his swapped international jerseys. As a boy getting to touch Hullit's and Vialli's tops was pretty cool.

Edited by Ormond

2 hours ago, Rossy said:

George Best at Hibs.

Zoltan Varga at the Dons. As mentioned, Hans Gillhaus....European cup winner and Dutch internationalist, left PSV to sign for Aberdeen :o.

I would have mentioned Theo Snelders, who was up there with Leighton as the best keeper ever to play for Aberdeen, but he made the bizarre mistake of signing for Rangers.

george best may well have been a world class player at one point 

but he was shi.te for hibs

32 minutes ago, dan cake said:

george best may well have been a world class player at one point 

but he was shi.te for hibs

Yeap, but out of all the names mentioned on this thread he's almost certainly the only true, world-class player listed. Even if it was a long time before Hibs.

3 hours ago, killiefaetheferry said:

For Killie, really enjoyed watching Eremenko, Cocard, Dindeleux, and Drago Lekovic. Special mention for big DVT for obvious reasons. Can anyone name the signing we made of a European Cup winner ?

Remember a mate stumbled across this phone number in the Ayrshire phone book in the 90's and we got him to phone him up as a dare, but think he got his wife who barely spoke a word of English :lol:

29 minutes ago, wanderer said:

Remember a mate stumbled across this phone number in the Ayrshire phone book in the 90's and we got him to phone him up as a dare, but think he got his wife who barely spoke a word of English :lol:

Used to see her around Killie in knee high boots and a miniskirt.  Nae wonder the big man often appeared distracted!

Great keeper though. My favourite Killie non-Scot :ok:

3 hours ago, slasher said:

Who was the left sided French lad that played for the jambos. Handsome fecker and a right good player around the Burley era iirc

you talking about Jean Louis Valois although he was a few years before Burley came in.

I would agree with Fysass being the best I have seen playing for Hearts