This Weekends Games - Page 143 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

This Weekends Games

Just now, Reevesy said:

Resting him for the Scotland v England game won't cross Rodgers' mind for a single second.  And why would/should it? 

Any rest given to Brown will, obviously, be about the CL qualifiers.

I'm sure rodgers mentioned the England match when speaking about resting him.

I think you do rodgers and other managers a disservice here, I have no doubt there will be plenty who couldn't care less about the national side but some will take international matche into consideration and consult the player himself.

• Replies 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just now, vanderark14 said:

I'm sure rodgers mentioned the England match when speaking about resting him.

I think you do rodgers and other managers a disservice here, I have no doubt there will be plenty who couldn't care less about the national side but some will take international matche into consideration and consult the player himself.

Maybe if BR was Scottish, there would be a slight chance of that, but I seriously doubt it. 

If Celtic don't make the CL then it reflects badly on him, I don't think he's going to risk that to help a national team he probably couldn't care less about. He'll be under huge pressure from the board to deliver it with the ££ that's at stake, not just the fans.

I think Rodgers is resting him because of the England game rather than for the England game, it's seems pedantic, but his priority is Celtic qualifying for the Champions league, that's what he's resting him for.

Id imagine some other players will be in the same boat with international football in June, Lustig, Dembele, Sviatchenko...

Edited by sbcmfc

15 minutes ago, sbcmfc said:

I think Rodgers is resting him because of the England game rather than for the England game, it's seems pedantic, but his priority is Celtic qualifying for the Champions league, that's what he's resting him for.

Yeah, that'd be a sensible way of looking at it IMO. 

On 16/04/2017 at 11:25 PM, Rossy said:

By the way. I'll be in the Clockwork from 11.00 next Saturday. 

Pop in. I'll sure I'll recognise you as a spotty face, ginger headed internet warrior. 

Remember and bring yer mum. :ok:

40 mins till the big event. Not long up so missed the undercard.

Got a 1 year olds birthday party in the Kingdom later, so it's that sort of day.

9 minutes ago, phart said:

40 mins till the big event. Not long up so missed the undercard.

Got a 1 year olds birthday party in the Kingdom later, so it's that sort of day.

You can imagine the buzz has spread through the pub, even the non-TAMBERS are aware. Every time the door open people fall silent and spin around to look who has entered. Every time it's NOT Slasher there's a huge disappointed sigh and a gentle turn back towards the pints.......

16 minutes ago, Squirrelhumper said:

Hamilton away for us on Saturday. Massive game.

Hamilton proving very hard to beat at the moment and Killie seem to love a draw. 1-1 me thinks. 

Hoping Dundee don't get a new manager bounce and we can pull out a gap on the play-off spot. 

Guest BlueGaz
3 minutes ago, Donaldo87 said:

Hamilton proving very hard to beat at the moment and Killie seem to love a draw. 1-1 me thinks. 

Hoping Dundee don't get a new manager bounce and we can pull out a gap on the play-off spot. 

Selfishly, desperately want Hibs and Dundee Utd up, Inverness and Ross County down, so will be watching the results.

9 minutes ago, Donaldo87 said:

Aye the amount of draw this season has been annoying. 14 out of 33. Shame as a couple of those turned into wins and we'd be miles away from any bother.

Accies haven't beaten us at NDP since 2010 so we've a decent record there.

Only 25 or so miles up the road so hopefully a decent away support.

3 hours ago, Squirrelhumper said:

Aye, Inverness I'm not bothered about but like a trip to Dingwall.

Never been to either, but planning going to Inverness for the last game of the season, hoping it's a meaningless game!

:lol:

Reckon 4 points should be enough to avoid automatic relegation for Motherwell. 6+ probably guarantee avoiding play off.

A win on Saturday v Dundee would very much put the Dundee v United play off on the cards!

19 minutes ago, ibelieve!!! said:

I believe it's just been given a late license (3am) by the council for weekends.

I'm guessing it has an early Sunday one too cos we were in it before the game last week, which was a 12.30 kick off.

15 minutes ago, Reevesy said:

I'm guessing it has an early Sunday one too cos we were in it before the game last week, which was a 12.30 kick off.

When you need to knock three times, go in quickly and pull the door behind you that's not an early licence.

:P