Turnstiles to get out - Malta v Scotland - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Turnstiles to get out

MikeyHead

I like going different places and finding things different and not as antiseptic as football has now become in the UK ..... but how can it be allowed to have a ground where people can only go out by going back through turnstiles (two for several thousand people). If there'd been a need to get out quickly, or just some frustrated shoving from the back, people would have been hurt, or worse

Transport to and from the ground was a joke too, but that's just annoying. Those turnstiles were genuinely dangerous

You're a joke mate. The fact you went to bottle the boy trying to open the gate. 

If you're gonna be wide. Be wide.  But don't involve innocent folk. 

You could have caused a riot. 

Edited by Debian

Agree it was a joke and could have been dangerous. Weird thing was there were gates that were locked right next to the exit turnstiles?! Surely Fifa look at this before allowing grounds to host matches. Funnily enough was the best singsong of the night waiting to get out!!!

The turnstile issue on exit could have easily caused problems.  Guy in front of me got separated from his young son due to folk pushing to get out because those further back weren't aware of fact people were having to exit via 2 turnstiles.   Can't see this as meeting FIFA stadium safety regulations.

I took some photos and a video clip of the turnstiles coming out. I emailed the SSC and got a reply to say my email had been forwarded to the security team who "might" get back to me. Haven't heard anything yet. 

I also copied FIFA, who responded immediately to say that the European qualifiers were the responsibility of UEFA and that my email would be forwarded to them. 

Never seen such a dangerous exit. Had those turnstiles jammed,  there could have been serious crush injuries. 

On 5 September 2016 at 4:33 PM, MikeyHead said:

Transport to and from the ground was a joke too, but that's just annoying.

Agree, we got told to keep an eyes out for a Scotland flag at full time and to follow it to our bus. In a crowd of 6,000 Scotland fans and trying to find a saltire was like shooting toley's in a barrel, ended up just jumping on the first bus back to Bugibba we could find. The best of it was the bus was supposedly full going there but was still half empty when the driver decided to drive off 

I found getting in was more of a joke, the whole snake barriers meant it was touch and go to get in before ko. Fair enough the time spent in the fan zone maybe could have been cut but it was hot and we needed a bevi......

The maltese police were good though