My Apology - Page 2 - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

My Apology

No apologies needed Flure. Enjoyed your posts here throughout the campaign.

This is not the end though, IMO it's the start of the next step that will lead to another referendum & possibly a different outcome within 10 years. The Yes campaign will have learned from this campaign & can only get stronger.

And this. We'll learn from our mistakes. We'll be back again one day. And we'll win.

Edited by new hugh

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've never met you Flure but no need to apologise, you where always positive throughout & your positivity spread to me and others throughout the board, we are all gutted because we had a chance, a real chance, but that will come again in the future & in my lifetime (i'm 48)

To the people who voted no, absolutely no hard feelings, jobs, family & security all come into it (ya selfish bassas :lol: )

SCOTLAND FOREVER !!!

agree with all the above. the guys who did all the groundwork for this must be gutted. I am amazed though, how consistenlt people doing the canvassing were getting 60% yes numbers and then on the night this disappeared. what happened?

This is what I've been pondering also. I don't get it.

agree with all the above. the guys who did all the groundwork for this must be gutted. I am amazed though, how consistenlt people doing the canvassing were getting 60% yes numbers and then on the night this disappeared. what happened?

For some reason it crumbled.

This is what I've been pondering also. I don't get it.

In the East End of Glasgow, we had 3 lots of campaigners/canvassers at the door. All were within the last 2 weeks, and all were from Better Together.

You and your comrades have worked your arses off for 2 years, to reach out and engage with the disengaged of Scotland, those in all those poor areas abandoned by Labour, to make the difference between a normal vote and this one, to get the pro-independence vote from 25-30 % to 45%, only for Gordon Brown to deliver the electorate over to the forces of the Westminster establishment and corporate Britain, wrapped in the Union Jack; and allow them the satisfaction of saying they defeated nationalism on the back of a high turnout.

So I can't imagine how gutted you feel - but you can all be proud and unbowed.

The Tories may have won the corporate argument, and got out enough of those who vote with their pockets. But there can be no gloating from Labour MPs and MSPs who have effectively abandoned their own people and sold their soul.

Edited by exile

I don't understand who we can go from and SNP Majority in 2011 to such a thumping in 2014. Given that the SNPs main policy was to push for the referendum and ultimately indy then surely by default all of those who voted them in as a majority government also supported this. Where have all those people went in 3 years? The map below shows how each region voted in 2011. What has changed so much to remove all that yellow off the board?

300px-Scottish_Parliament_election_2011_

I don't understand who we can go from and SNP Majority in 2011 to such a thumping in 2014. Given that the SNPs main policy was to push for the referendum and ultimately indy then surely by default all of those who voted them in as a majority government also supported this. Where have all those people went in 3 years? The map below shows how each region voted in 2011. What has changed so much to remove all that yellow off the board?

Fairbairn , we didnt get the media and political bombardment back then. i truly believe it worked to scare many people off the idea. my mum was having sleepless nights over the referendum and im sure voted no. she was terrfiied despite my efforts to calm her. its a disgraceful state of affairs and while yesterday was a blow scored for peaceful democracy the campaiging by better together was anything but fair and democratic.

Friday funnies would be good :)

I saw a good one a couple of days ago... 'TV in an independent Scotland' - every programme was Braveheart.

Although on reflection, that's not much worse than the current reality of Great British Bake Off, British Sewing Bee, British Summer Holidays, I'm a British Get Me Out of Here, etc.

The SNP vote in 2011 was 45% FPTP and 44% on the list. Identical to the YES vote yesterday.

Due the higher turnout about 750k more voted YES than voted SNP in 2011.

All bussed in? Democracy.

No idea, but if a lot of the electorate weren't canvassed, then that possibly explains why predictions from canvassers were so wrong.

I'm sure there are many that voted for the SNP as the best party for Scotland within the Union - although they would have no wish for Independence.