Craig Thompson - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/craig-thomson-broke-protocol-refusing-8685255

He really is a terrible referee, was horrendous first game of the season at Rugby Park, had a nightmare the following week at Dens and made a tits up of it on saturday at Perth.

For once in my life agree with Sutton. Hopefully they strike again and we get decent ref's for a change.

Just now, SMcoolJ said:

I'm assuming so and that's why the Partick lad got sent off on Saturday?

Forgot about that one

Griffiths looks like he's doing the same to Thompson in that article..................did sutton call Thomson a bottler for not sending Griffiths off?

While I agree that Thompson isn't a particularly good referee, I'd love to see Sutton get a whistle and go out and officiate at a high profile SPFL game.

It's easy for him to sit in the commentary box firing abuse at people when he's never done it himself.

C0ck.

4 minutes ago, Rossy said:

While I agree that Thompson isn't a particularly good referee, I'd love to see Sutton get a whistle and go out and officiate at a high profile SPFL game.

It's easy for him to sit in the commentary box firing abuse at people when he's never done it himself.

C0ck.

we are talking about the guy who said "aberdeen shouldn't be building a new stadium, they should be buying new players to win the league"

he's a mutant

59 minutes ago, Squirrelhumper said:

Did you disagree with is his assessment of Thompson and Strachan? I disagree 99% of the time with Sutton but agreed totally with him on those two.

It's tough to pick who is the most unlikeable between Sutton, Strachan & Thomson.

Sutton makes me long for the return of Craig Burley, he's that bad.

Having said that, he was right about Craig Thomson bottling it at Dens.

What Craig Thomson has done in effectively giving 2 fingers to BT particularly by starting the 2nd half early is a pretty bold move. I can't see it ending well for him, but then he is one of our top UEFA refs.

2 hours ago, Rossy said:

C0ck.

He also had a pop at some manager/ex-manager recently, can't remember who, possibly Deila though, saying that whoever was a dreadful manager. Chris Sutton has a win record of 14 games out of 50 as a manager.

Loved him as a player at Celtic in that "would hate him if he was playing against us" way but can't stand him as a pundit/co-commentator, comes across as very arrogant.

12 hours ago, sbcmfc said:

What Craig Thomson has done in effectively giving 2 fingers to BT particularly by starting the 2nd half early is a pretty bold move. I can't see it ending well for him, but then he is one of our top UEFA refs.

Apparently that's not what happened though. Charlie Richmond was quoted as saying that refs are given the nod from a TV advisor on the touchline so the blame supposedly lies with that guy, rather than Thomson.

Why would the ref care about a TV deal?!

7 hours ago, thewolf_1980 said:

Apparently that's not what happened though. Charlie Richmond was quoted as saying that refs are given the nod from a TV advisor on the touchline so the blame supposedly lies with that guy, rather than Thomson.

Why would the ref care about a TV deal?!

I thought he was making a point about Chris Sutton going over the top with his criticism the previous week.

3 hours ago, sbcmfc said:

I thought he was making a point about Chris Sutton going over the top with his criticism the previous week.

I hadn't heard that and I don't believe that would be the reason. It would be petty and unprofessional, which seems out of character for him.

Edited by thewolf_1980

6 minutes ago, thewolf_1980 said:

I hadn't heard that and I don't believe that would be the reason. It would be petty and unprofessional, which seems out of character for him.

That was what I took from the article linked in the 1st post.

He apparently "refused to co-operate" with BT on other things too.

• 1 year later...
8 hours ago, sbcmfc said:

Craig Thomson has 5 domestic red cards this season, all for Motherwell players, and that wasn’t the worst one.

In fact it wasn’t even the worst one he’s given Kipre.

:lol:

Best ref in the country... :P 

3 hours ago, Parklife said:

Best ref in the country... :P 

He’s no Steven McLean.

:lol:

Just seen the highlights of the Motherwell penalty claim, would’ve been on the soft side, but Thomson had a great view of it. Not sure how being held with 2 hands on the chest makes Main’s legs give way....