Where Are They Now ? - 99/00 Under 18 Squad - Page 3 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Where Are They Now ? - 99/00 Under 18 Squad

ErsatzThistle

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On 11/27/2017 at 11:14 PM, SMcoolJ said:

Mackie was indeed mediocre. However, Calderwood loved him and labelled him as his first line of defence. To be fair, he was very quick, worked tirelessly and was pretty hardy.  Just no football in him. First few times I saw Simon Murray I was reminded of Mackie, however, Murray seems to at least score goals. 

i would swap mediocre with dire. must have one of the worst goal goals to game ratio in scotland for strikers with over 100 starts.

he was also tarred with the michael owen brush probably at the same time mcnaughton was tipped to be the next laudrup ahahha

8 hours ago, LewisEDI said:

i would swap mediocre with dire. must have one of the worst goal goals to game ratio in scotland for strikers with over 100 starts.

he was also tarred with the michael owen brush probably at the same time mcnaughton was tipped to be the next laudrup ahahha

I think "dire" is a bit over the top!  Plus, he gained an element of cult status amongst Dons fans after scoring the goal away to Dnipro to get us into the groups stages of the now Europa League. 

Dont ever recall mcNaughton being tipped as the next Laudrup? He was a full back and was a brilliant player for us. 

10 hours ago, LewisEDI said:

Add Ricky Gillies to the list who was going to be ‘world class’ 😂😂

Scott McKenna has the potential to be on that list too as he’s as likely to turn out like Zander Diamond as he is to get a Scotland cap 😂😂😂

3 hours ago, ProudScot said:

Add Ricky Gillies to the list who was going to be ‘world class’ 😂😂

Scott McKenna has the potential to be on that list too as he’s as likely to turn out like Zander Diamond as he is to get a Scotland cap 😂😂😂

WTF are you havering about, you lunatic? No one has said anything more than Scott McKenna is a decent prospect. You're just making things up as you're in the huff as i told you some facts about McCrorrie. :lol: 

2 hours ago, Parklife said:

WTF are you havering about, you lunatic? No one has said anything more than Scott McKenna is a decent prospect. You're just making things up as you're in the huff as i told you some facts about McCrorrie. :lol: 

Facts? I must’ve missed those sorry!

Your opinion that McCrorie is “shite” is what you’re entitled to, it’s also contradictory to the majority of opinions on him based on performances, especially in the old firm match you’re referring to.

I don’t see the issue with saying McKenna is as likely to be a Zander Diamond as he is to win a Scotland cap.

32 minutes ago, ProudScot said:

Facts? I must’ve missed those sorry!

Your opinion that McCrorie is “shite” is what you’re entitled to, it’s also contradictory to the majority of opinions on him based on performances, especially in the old firm match you’re referring to.

I didn't say he was shite. Can you not read? I said he was shite in that game, which he undoubtedly was, Griffiths got in behind him time and again and that he has been shite whenever i have saw him. 

Further viewings have been punctuated by him passing the ball to David Templeton to give Hamilton a goal and then a very shaky performance at Dundee on Friday. 

Maybe i've just caught bad games/moments but to me he's shown nothing to suggest he'll be as good as your man Pedro claimed. Hopefully i'm wrong and he becomes a solid CB option for us. He's shown nothing to suggest he will though. 

32 minutes ago, ProudScot said:

I don’t see the issue with saying McKenna is as likely to be a Zander Diamond as he is to win a Scotland cap.

Cool. Will we just do that with every player, suggest that he'll likely be absolutely shite? Or will you just admit you're having a sad wee dig because you're upset that i slagged a Rangers player? :lol: 

Guest BlueGaz
1 hour ago, Parklife said:

but to me he's shown nothing to suggest he'll be as good as your man Pedro claimed.

I don't think anyone at all subscribed to that did they?  At best, IMO, he will have a very good professional career for the rest of his playing career and hopefully, be able to give us 10 years as a decent CB at international level starting in the next 2 or 3 years.

14 minutes ago, Flure said:

Erm.......

As insightful as usual. Thanks. 

8 minutes ago, BlueGaz said:

I don't think anyone at all subscribed to that did they?  At best, IMO, he will have a very good professional career for the rest of his playing career and hopefully, be able to give us 10 years as a decent CB at international level starting in the next 2 or 3 years.

I hope so. 

12 hours ago, SMcoolJ said:

I think "dire" is a bit over the top!  Plus, he gained an element of cult status amongst Dons fans after scoring the goal away to Dnipro to get us into the groups stages of the now Europa League. 

Dont ever recall mcNaughton being tipped as the next Laudrup? He was a full back and was a brilliant player for us. 

Skovdahl came out with this, ok my memory got the better of me a bit ;-)

"Kevin has incredible potential and at the moment is probably only half the player he will end up being. I feel the same excitement when I watch Kevin as I did when Laudrup first came into the Brondby team."

On 23/11/2017 at 8:00 PM, Tartan Chris said:

Little bit older than that age group but one from around that time I was massively disappointed that never kicked on was Mark Burchill.

Remember him scoring in an old firm derby when he was 18. Thought he'd be the Scottish answer to Michael Owen but it never happened for him at Celtic where Larsson, Viduka and then later Chris Sutton and John Hartson all blocked his patch.

Then went south to Portsmouth and got bad injuries. He's only 37 now, his peak should've been 2008-10 where he could've been combining with McFadden.

Spot on, He was crocked by the time he got to Killmarnock but at one point he was very promising  and a lot of people thought he would go the right way. 20 goals in 50 games at Celtic before he turned 21 and most of them were as a substitute. Record elsewhere wasn't bad either.

6 hours ago, Parklife said:

I didn't say he was shite. Can you not read? I said he was shite in that game, which he undoubtedly was, Griffiths got in behind him time and again and that he has been shite whenever i have saw him. 

Further viewings have been punctuated by him passing the ball to David Templeton to give Hamilton a goal and then a very shaky performance at Dundee on Friday. 

Maybe i've just caught bad games/moments but to me he's shown nothing to suggest he'll be as good as your man Pedro claimed. Hopefully i'm wrong and he becomes a solid CB option for us. He's shown nothing to suggest he will though. 

Cool. Will we just do that with every player, suggest that he'll likely be absolutely shite? Or will you just admit you're having a sad wee dig because you're upset that i slagged a Rangers player? :lol: 

Well he looked pretty decent tonight anyway 

1 hour ago, ceudmilefailte said:

Spot on, He was crocked by the time he got to Killmarnock but at one point he was very promising  and a lot of people thought he would go the right way. 20 goals in 50 games at Celtic before he turned 21 and most of them were as a substitute. Record elsewhere wasn't bad either.

He was defo a hot prospect at the time but sadly never really happened.

35 minutes ago, ProudScot said:

Well he looked pretty decent tonight anyway 

He did indeed play well tonight. Certainly excelled in that role in front of the defence.  Perhaps he’s better there than at centre back? 

Guest BlueGaz
21 minutes ago, Parklife said:

He did indeed play well tonight. Certainly excelled in that role in front of the defence.  Perhaps he’s better there than at centre back? 

First time I have seen him there.  Difficult to tell tonight with Aberdeen being so poor, but will be interesting to see him if he is played there again.

9 hours ago, Parklife said:

He was given free reign by a ref too, he should have been booked long before he was. Other than that he was ok.

1 hour ago, vanderark14 said:

He was given free reign by a ref too, he should have been booked long before he was. Other than that he was ok.

Yeah. Last night was a very bizarre display of refereeing.