Humour - East Coast vs. West Coast - Page 4 - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Humour - East Coast vs. West Coast

We have come up with a Scottish character and it is McGlashan - made up by a fawning BBC Edinburgh private schoolboy the type the BBC adore and cant get enough of. The fact they hate Scotland is the only qualification that counts.

The piss take character we don't see from these snobby twats is the Edinburgh private school whank who hates everything scottish to the point of being McGlashan but in reverse. It would be such an easy piss take character but you never see it. Just Mcglashan Mcglashan Mcglashan...

All the BBC 'humorists' are spineless arselicking scotland hating twats. You don't get the gig unless you are. The folk who go on about McGlashans are the true anti-McGlashans. Snide edinburgh whanks who see everything scottish as shit. Just my view but anyone I have ever seen who uses the word McGlashan is a mega khunt.

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 hours ago, thplinth said:

We have come up with a Scottish character and it is McGlashan - made up by a fawning BBC Edinburgh private schoolboy the type the BBC adore and cant get enough of. The fact they hate Scotland is the only qualification that counts.

The piss take character we don't see from these snobby twats is the Edinburgh private school whank who hates everything scottish to the point of being McGlashan but in reverse. It would be such an easy piss take character but you never see it. Just Mcglashan Mcglashan Mcglashan...

All the BBC 'humorists' are spineless arselicking scotland hating twats. You don't get the gig unless you are. The folk who go on about McGlashans are the true anti-McGlashans. Snide edinburgh whanks who see everything scottish as shit. Just my view but anyone I have ever seen who uses the word McGlashan is a mega khunt.

I was thinking more along the lines of a wee dog or cat .   You can call it  McGlashan if you want though . Please dont hurt me ...

9 minutes ago, Ormond said:

Christ, that's a memory. Unless you have an Ormond montage on your wall? :P

Hahaha , dont panic ! Donny Osmond is still my wall pin up....

I do have a good memory for trivia. And anything related to food. 

36 minutes ago, ErsatzThistle said:

Would anyone like to provide some examples of this deeply sophisticated East Coast humour if it really does exist ?

I give you Deecie. 

His side splitting routine about The Famous and the odd picture of Jimmy Calderwood often has me in knots...

On 8/10/2016 at 6:42 PM, thplinth said:

Nah that is just your usual Aberdeen snobbery wrapped up as 'a sense of humour advantage'. A whanky wee neebzo town pumped full of oil money that now thinks its shit does not stink. The whole of Scotland cant fukking wait for that Aberdeen balloon to pop leaving those neebzo nouveau riche divots scratching their arses and wondering where it all went wrong. Their attitude to "Scumdee" says it all. That is exactly who you are minus the oil windfall. You have no friends now after this endless economic crowing. Everyone is waiting for Aberdeen's comeuppance. You sure as fukk better not slip.

Is this meant to be some of that moronic humour referenced above?!  

Love mass stereotyping - it evidences real balance in an individual.:lol:

2 minutes ago, phart said:

thplinth is from Aberdeen, self-hating loon then.

Ah, that's why he hates it so much.  He can;t be from Aberdeen though - he got the distances from Aberdeen City Centre to Peterculter and Westhill completely wrong!!!

Peterculter has two pubs these days I am informed. How many does that barren shithole you are building your new wind swept stadium have? Is it none. Is it.

My google maps'esque knowledge of aberdeen geography is only surpassed by my knowledge of their torn faced miserableness and inability to crack a smile (unless they detect a penny underfoot).

And thank you phart but I was not born there. Never been so insulted in my life. Just grew up there which was bad enough.

On ‎13‎/‎08‎/‎2016 at 2:48 AM, Ormond said:

Fermer is from the West. Thread closed.

On ‎13‎/‎08‎/‎2016 at 3:01 AM, TDYER63 said:

He would never understand creme egg etiquette,  would he Ormond ? 

On ‎13‎/‎08‎/‎2016 at 3:15 AM, Ormond said:

Christ, that's a memory. Unless you have an Ormond montage on your wall? :P

On ‎13‎/‎08‎/‎2016 at 3:28 AM, TDYER63 said:

Hahaha , dont panic ! Donny Osmond is still my wall pin up....

I do have a good memory for trivia. And anything related to food. 

On ‎13‎/‎08‎/‎2016 at 3:39 AM, Ormond said:

Osmond, Ormond. Same thing. You'll have pictures of Donny's head superimposed onto my body. :P

now this is scripted comedy exchange at its best. oh mercy......

8 hours ago, Ormond said:

Should've seen how wet her drawers were? That was foreplay!

Too far. ?

Like when you have watched Wile E Coyote get blown up for the billionith time and he is still alive, when a script becomes too unbelievable the humour is lost. 

On 16 August 2016 at 6:02 PM, thplinth said:

Peterculter has two pubs these days I am informed. How many does that barren shithole you are building your new wind swept stadium have? Is it none. Is it.

My google maps'esque knowledge of aberdeen geography is only surpassed by my knowledge of their torn faced miserableness and inability to crack a smile (unless they detect a penny underfoot).

And thank you phart but I was not born there. Never been so insulted in my life. Just grew up there which was bad enough.

At least

Next ridiculous question?

https://medium.com/satiria/the-most-completely-insane-thing-ive-ever-seen-in-a-cinema-7c44ce68f50f#.c3ol7v75q

"So I arrive at Pacific Quay where I am told that they want to pitch my sitcom to BBC 2 network down in London.
“Cool!” I said, although being under fewer illusions now as having the script commissioned by BBC 2 was an even longer shot than getting picked up by BBC Scotland. “But I thought you said my script was too intellectual for television?”
Oh, that was only in regards to BBC Scotland and Ewan Angus. This time we want to pitch it to BBC 2 in London because English people are more, shall we say… “comfortable” with intelligent comedy. They feel less threatened by it.”
“Hang on!” I immediately interjected, “Are you saying that, according to BBC Scotland, English people are more intelligent than Scottish?”
The exec I was talking to sighed, leaned forward, and explained to me that according BBC Scotland that “Scottish people” are more working class and less educated than English people and, therefore, would feel intimidated and patronised if they watched a sitcom that mentioned philosophers, whereas English people can cope with more “cerebral” comedy without feeling as though they’re being made to feel stupid. So if I was going to pitch a script to BBC Scotland then I would have to make sure it was Glasgow, preferably male, centric and with no references to anything that could be construed as “intellectual” or cultured otherwise it would get immediately discarded....."

3 hours ago, new hugh said:

https://medium.com/satiria/the-most-completely-insane-thing-ive-ever-seen-in-a-cinema-7c44ce68f50f#.c3ol7v75q

"So I arrive at Pacific Quay where I am told that they want to pitch my sitcom to BBC 2 network down in London.
“Cool!” I said, although being under fewer illusions now as having the script commissioned by BBC 2 was an even longer shot than getting picked up by BBC Scotland. “But I thought you said my script was too intellectual for television?”
Oh, that was only in regards to BBC Scotland and Ewan Angus. This time we want to pitch it to BBC 2 in London because English people are more, shall we say… “comfortable” with intelligent comedy. They feel less threatened by it.”
“Hang on!” I immediately interjected, “Are you saying that, according to BBC Scotland, English people are more intelligent than Scottish?”
The exec I was talking to sighed, leaned forward, and explained to me that according BBC Scotland that “Scottish people” are more working class and less educated than English people and, therefore, would feel intimidated and patronised if they watched a sitcom that mentioned philosophers, whereas English people can cope with more “cerebral” comedy without feeling as though they’re being made to feel stupid. So if I was going to pitch a script to BBC Scotland then I would have to make sure it was Glasgow, preferably male, centric and with no references to anything that could be construed as “intellectual” or cultured otherwise it would get immediately discarded....."

Interesting read. Not surprising though.

Just read Lewis Grassic Gibbon's semi-serious essay on Aberdeen, written in the 1920s.

"Once in Jerusalem, I struck up an acquaintance with an intelligent and interesting Syrian. We talked ethnology; and in the course of the conversation I told him I was born in Aberdeenshire in Scotland. He was amused and pitiful, though a little hazy. "Aberdeen - it is the pariah place is it not ?".

:lol:

Do many East Coaster's do dry, self deprecating humour or was LGG an exception ?