Scotland Players In Action 2016/17 - Page 59 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Scotland Players In Action 2016/17

ErsatzThistle

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On 5/7/2017 at 9:33 PM, borojock said:

The celtic kid Johnston looked good yesterday, is an attacking mid which were well stacked in

Bates at rangers didn't look to good, is a CB where we have very few options

Rumours Martin O'Neil and the FAI are going to persuade Johnston to choose Ireland and fast-track him into the Ireland squad. Irish grandparents apparently and has never been selected for Scotland at any age group. (too small apparently)

1 hour ago, Wolfgang Overthebar said:

Rumours Martin O'Neil and the FAI are going to persuade Johnston to choose Ireland and fast-track him into the Ireland squad. Irish grandparents apparently and has never been selected for Scotland at any age group. (too small apparently)

christ not again, where are u hearing this ?

On 08/05/2017 at 10:37 PM, LewisEDI said:

christ not again, where are u hearing this ?

An open secret in the world of football journalism. Check out the YBIG forum on Republic of Ireland football team. Ireland's fans are all over this and can hardly believe we their luck that another talented young Scottish player is being snubbed by SFA

12 minutes ago, Wolfgang Overthebar said:

An open secret in the world of football journalism. Check out the YBIG forum on Republic of Ireland football team. Ireland's fans are all over this and can hardly believe we their luck that another talented young Scottish player is being snubbed by SFA

A) What are his exact links? A grandparent 

B) How do we know the FAI are on the case?

i should have put the source in the inital post

but phil mac ghiolla bhain tweeted it earlier 

dont shoot the messenger

If Phil McFud is their source then we have nothing to worry about.

Was very impressed with this young guy at the weekend. Surprised to hear he's not been called up by Scotland at any level tbh, but I wouldn't read too much into it just yet.

15 minutes ago, Reevesy said:

If Phil McFud is their source then we have nothing to worry about.

Was very impressed with this young guy at the weekend. Surprised to hear he's not been called up by Scotland at any level tbh, but I wouldn't read too much into it just yet.

I can assure you Phil McFud as you call him is not my source. The FAI have approached him. As I said it's no secret in the world of football journalism. Phil is the first to make it public. 

4 minutes ago, Wolfgang Overthebar said:

I can assure you Phil McFud as you call him is not my source. The FAI have approached him. As I said it's no secret in the world of football journalism. Phil is the first to make it public. 

Well you suggested checking out their forum, and they're using him as their source.

You'd like to think a dressing room full of Scotland internationals, including the club captain would be more of an influence on him playing for Scotland than just simply being eligible to play for Ireland. For all we know the young guy could have no interest in them whatsoever.

On 5/8/2017 at 9:33 PM, Wolfgang Overthebar said:

He has a few Scotland U19 caps and was involved with the Elite Round of the last qualifiers in the Czech Republic (think he even scored against Hungary)............... will probably be named in the U20 squad for the Toulon Cup next month

Edited by wanderer

33 minutes ago, wanderer said:

He has a few Scotland U19 caps and was involved with the Elite Round of the last qualifiers in the Czech Republic (think he even scored against Hungary)............... will probably be named in the U20 squad for the Toulon Cup next month

http://www.uefa.com/under19/season=2017/teams/player=250087765/index.html

Scored and was sent off v Hungary according to this.

So it would appear that we've not only taken the word of Phil McFud that he's never played for Scotland at any level, but have also completely made up the reason for it as well (That he's too small) :lol:

11 minutes ago, Reevesy said:

http://www.uefa.com/under19/season=2017/teams/player=250087765/index.html

Scored and was sent off v Hungary according to this.

So it would appear that we've not only taken the word of Phil McFud that he's never played for Scotland at any level, but have also completely made up the reason for it as well (That he's too small) :lol:

He has also been involved with the U17's back in 2015 as well...... someone probably went on his hasty put together Wiki page that was set up over the weekend which has not had his international section filled in yet and put 1 and 1 together............

Only thing that would make me even remotely question (probably more clutching at straws) it is when you go on his twitter page and there is a photo of him watching a Celtic match with a massive Ireland flag right in front of him (but take with a pinch of salt as he is watching a game at Celtic Park.....)

1 minute ago, wanderer said:

Only thing that would make me even remotely question (probably more clutching at straws) it is when you go on his twitter page and there is a photo of him watching a Celtic match with a massive Ireland flag right in front of him (but take with a pinch of salt as he is watching a game at Celtic Park.....)

It's actually a pic taken from the away end at Ibrox, not Celtic park.

He'll have been hard pushed to take a pic without one in the background that day, so i wouldn't read too much into it.

3 minutes ago, Reevesy said:

It's actually a pic taken from the away end at Ibrox, not Celtic park.

He'll have been hard pushed to take a pic without one in the background that day, so i wouldn't read too much into it.

Exactly, next to nothing in it...... but one of those things someone would put 1 and 1 together and get 879!

On 5/8/2017 at 9:31 PM, ceudmilefailte said:

No you said he never would be, which is not the same as not on the evidence so far. He's an 18 year old lad nobody is saying he is a world beater but that's not to say he won't improve.

He is 21 in October. My mates stepson was at school with him, another mates laddie played youth football with him until a couple of years ago. Both are amazed he has got to where he is. Fair play to him but I don't think he is going to be the one to solve our centre back problem.

On 14/05/2017 at 10:14 AM, ErsatzThistle said:

There's been some suggestion that Scott McTominay will feature for Man Utd in today's game against Spurs. 

If he doesn't get any game time against Southampton on Wednesday, he will definitely start v Palace at the weekend.

The reality is though that he is unlikely to be anywhere near the first team next season. Man Utd desperately need a "big" season next season and I can't see youngsters (apart from the currently established ones) forming part of that.

He may play some league cup games but that will be about that.