Scotland Players In Action 2016/17 - Page 20 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Scotland Players In Action 2016/17

ErsatzThistle

26 minutes ago, GeeJay said:

RB are 1-0 up already against Mainz and are set to go joint top of the Bundesliga with Bayern on 24pts. I wonder if Burke being an important part of that team is good enough experience for Strachan, or if John McGinn will be preferred. :lol:

McGinn will captain Scotland one day, and will be terrific for us. 

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

3 hours ago, er yir macaroon said:

McGinn will captain Scotland one day, and will be terrific for us. 

I'm a big McGinn fan, I was just poking fun at Strachan's ridiculous comment about Burke not being experienced enough to play against Slovakia.

Edited by GeeJay

On 02/11/2016 at 10:57 AM, andyD said:

err.. because he's been playing very well this season and 1 off game in the champions league doesn't change that?

Bulljobby

Forrest started the season not bad and looked like he had turned a corner but in the last 5 or 6 weeks he has been back to his utter pish self. Should be nowhere near either team!!!

1 hour ago, andyD said:

If three goals and an assist in the opening 3 league games is just "not bad" for you then that might explain our difference of opinion.

ok he started it well, now he is back to being pish again. that better?

6 minutes ago, Kirk said:

ok he started it well, now he is back to being pish again. that better?

:lol:    This is better back to the normal piss take instead of all the doom and gloom that has been on here the last few weeks.

Edited by stitch

14 minutes ago, stitch said:

:lol:    This is better back to the normal piss take instead of all the doom and gloom that has been on here the last few weeks.

:lol: the place is f*ckin miserable at times

I thought Kinglsey played well in the Man Utd game. At least for the last 60+ minutes that i saw of it. Seemed to deal with Mata well and later Lingard when he came on. Reasonably quick and a big guy which helps.

Am a tiny bit worried that he has a habit that when someone goes down the outside he turns his back to come infield slightly. Someone like Pedro could really punish him at that point because he can't see where the player is. Makes it possible to tie him up ion knots, but neither Mata or Lingard managed it, so..

Would still be my choice for a start at left back, especially with Lee Wallace seemingly struggling to contain an old Chris Burke in the Ross Country match.

1 hour ago, andyD said:

I thought Kinglsey played well in the Man Utd game. At least for the last 60+ minutes that i saw of it. Seemed to deal with Mata well and later Lingard when he came on. Reasonably quick and a big guy which helps.

Am a tiny bit worried that he has a habit that when someone goes down the outside he turns his back to come infield slightly. Someone like Pedro could really punish him at that point because he can't see where the player is. Makes it possible to tie him up ion knots, but neither Mata or Lingard managed it, so..

Would still be my choice for a start at left back, especially with Lee Wallace seemingly struggling to contain an old Chris Burke in the Ross Country match.

Thank fook we're not playing Spain then eh!