Scotland Players In Action 2016/17 - Page 6 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Scotland Players In Action 2016/17

ErsatzThistle

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

22 hours ago, Rab The Crab said:

Have we found our Gareth Bale?

I'm not one for thinking we have the next big thing after a handful of games but the Channel 5 Championship goals programme mentioned that exact comparison. His first goal was a lovely bit of chest control from a long punt forward, his second a very confident finish.

1 hour ago, Bobby Russell's Lovechild said:

He's only started one game though. Bit extreme rotation there

Benitez dropped the captain, Lascelles, who is also a centre back, in midweek. And shifted another newly signed centre back, Clark, to left back yesterday. I think he is still trying to work out his best starting 11 with all the new signings. Unfortunately I think when he does pick a 2 for centre backs then Hanley might not be 1 of them.

49 minutes ago, Radian said:

Is Rhodes injured or just another manager who doesn't really fancy him?  

The supposed reason behind Karanka spitting the dummy and walking out on Boro for a couple of days last season was due to him wanting McCormack and getting Rhodes. 

If Boro continue to play the 4231 that many teams play Negredo will always start if fit.

6 hours ago, Lion Rampant said:

Ryan Fraser starts for Bournemouth.

6 hours ago, aaid said:

Fraser starts for Bournemouth. Interesting. 

His manager was saying great things about him and said he basically went on loan last season to get more first team action. Could be worth keeping an eye on him

9 minutes ago, ErsatzThistle said:

Alan Hutton's chances of getting any action for Villa look even slimmer now after they signed a new right back, de Laet. 

Aye, I imagine he's on a very healthy wage right now and he's in the last year of his contract, so seems likely Villa will try and move him on in this window. Hopefully he can either stay and get his spot back (he's been on the bench for the last 3 games) or find a club where he can be first choice. While I'd play Paterson against Malta and try and give him some more confidence, we might need Hutton next month.

2 minutes ago, ceudmilefailte said:

Pity it's the English Reserve League cup.

McArthur too, has he been injured?

Aye looks most have reserve teams out. Burke on the bench for Forest.

McArthur's first game after injury I think.

Edited by Rab The Crab
Awful spelling of McArthur, twice.