Scotland Players In Action 2016/17 - Page 5 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Scotland Players In Action 2016/17

ErsatzThistle

Griffiths is the best Scottish striker around at the moment. No doubt about it. Goals against Astana and Hapoel not to mention the 40 he scored last season,  I think it would be unjustified if Strachan leaves him out of his starting 11 to play Malta

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

7 minutes ago, girvanTA said:

Griffiths is the best Scottish striker around at the moment. No doubt about it. Goals against Astana and Hapoel not to mention the 40 he scored last season,  I think it would be unjustified if Strachan leaves him out of his starting 11 to play Malta

At club level - yes. At international level - no way. Even Chris Martin has managed to find the net for us.

1 minute ago, noctonjock said:

Another goal for burke

Good start to the season by Burke. Already very popular with the Forest fans.

I'd throw him straight into the starting line up against Malta. He's on form and the experience will be good for him.

And just where is that feckin idiot from a few months back who was posting that Burke shouldn't be called up because he "wasn't committed" or something like that ? It was utter pish, for a start he's only nineteen years old and was playing for our youth teams at seventeen. 

18 minutes ago, ErsatzThistle said:

I'd throw him straight into the starting line up against Malta. He's on form and the experience will be good for him.

I think with strachan being a fan of forrest he will be a stick on to start with him also being on form. hopefully burke can get some game time with us being a few goals up, there is ritchie to consider too

14 minutes ago, noctonjock said:

Surely Forresd has had enough chances under Strachan. Time to try someone else and Burke is the man on form at the moment

im not big fan of forrest but strachan has his favourites, wouldnt be suprised to see maloney still ahead of him

1 hour ago, ErsatzThistle said:

Good start to the season by Burke. Already very popular with the Forest fans.

And just where is that feckin idiot from a few months back who was posting that Burke shouldn't be called up because he "wasn't committed" or something like that ? It was utter pish, for a start he's only nineteen years old and was playing for our youth teams at seventeen. 

Also born in Scotland. I think his two goals will mean he won't be at forest by the end of the transfer window. I'm starting to feel optimistic we've got some good quality emerging.

40 minutes ago, noctonjock said:

Surely Forresd has had enough chances under Strachan. Time to try someone else and Burke is the man on form at the moment

Part of the reason Forrest is hitting form is that he's being played in his natural position on the right (Deila and Strachan played him on left). Unfortunately, Burke also plays on the right.