NFL Thread 2016/17 - Page 8 - Other Sports - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

NFL Thread 2016/17

The Giant

18 minutes ago, Fairbairn said:

I'll hopefully go to the Saints v Dolphins if it's 1st October.  Can anyone give me an idea of typical ticket prices for decent seats? Not wanting to be stuck away up int he Gods.

Depends what you mean by "decent seats". It's Wembley, every seat is decent. 

Season ticket prices are on the link below. Can't see individual ticket prices anywhere though. 

http://www.nfluk.com/news/internationalseries/article-1/2017-London-Games-Tickets-Overview/d2dd9f01-fa46-4ab7-99d5-761386aa8eea

• Replies 411
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

18 minutes ago, Parklife said:

Depends what you mean by "decent seats". It's Wembley, every seat is decent. 

Season ticket prices are on the link below. Can't see individual ticket prices anywhere though. 

http://www.nfluk.com/news/internationalseries/article-1/2017-London-Games-Tickets-Overview/d2dd9f01-fa46-4ab7-99d5-761386aa8eea

Well definitely not the top tier and ideally not behind either end zone.  Probably look for something in the bottom section somewhere between the 2 18 yard lines (if it was a fitba match!).   

1 hour ago, Parklife said:

Vikings and Ravens are both 7-6, despite being in 2 poor divisions, while the Cardinals are 5-7-1, despite being a division with the Rams and 49ers. They all have talent on their roster but i can't agree that they're good teams. 

A good player, having a very poor season. He'd have been leaving Arizona at the season end anyway as his contract is up. I suspect the DUI gave them an excuse to save a few $$$. 

I now expect him to spend the next 6 weeks playing like an elite receiver and helping the Pats to the Superbowl :lol: 

Think Ravens have been rebuilding since there superbowl win, squad broke up, The young RB's they have in Kenneth Dixon and Javorius Allen will stand them in good way next season I think be much better, Mike Wallace has had a good season, defense is very good, I feel they are another wide receiver and good tight end away from being a team to be in with a chance with winning superbowl, agree division apart from steelers been weak this year, browns are awful and bengals have completed went to pot from last season where they were being tipped to make the superbowl, Dalton chokes to much for them to be a good team.

Yeah with Brady being QB he will make Michael Fllyod look like Antonio Brown and win another superbowl ha ha 

1 hour ago, Fairbairn said:

Is that when they go on sale?  Going to get the take the missus down for her birthday so I'll keep an eye out for them being released.

usually around last week in January mate

If i recall my Club tickets for Wembley were about £120 each but ill need to check my emails when i get home

But absolutely well worth it and much more so -  if i was you id go for them

The ordinary game tickets were about £40-£110 if i recall

Premium club were the most expensive & around £180-£200

2 minutes ago, Geed said:

usually around last week in January mate

Yes

Sign up for the NFL UK forum and you will get an email giving you advance warning

2 minutes ago, Ally Bongo said:

If i recall my Club tickets for Wembley were about £120 each but ill need to check my emails when i get home

But absolutely well worth it and much more so -  if i was you id go for them

The ordinary game tickets were about £40-£110 if i recall

Premium club were the most expensive & around £180-£200

What does a Club ticket get you?

5 hours ago, Fairbairn said:

What does a Club ticket get you?

Fast track entrance into the stadium and a more relaxed environment

Access to the VIP club Wembley concourse which has several dining options, bars and lounges, NFL merchandise shops - no queuing for a pint and good seats in the centre tier.

There isnt just one club section - it's comprised of several throughout the centre stand which are all the same - so you'll have club A, B, C, D, E etc - all with their own bars, lounges, shops, toilets & entertainment

I think the "premium" is the section on the half way line

You also get to stay in the stadium for an hour after the game with the bars open

Edited by Ally Bongo

was at the lions v falcons game 2 years ago in a box down at Wembley. Was superb, me and the lads definately doing it next year.   We should have a tamb fantasy league next year, been playing one for first time this year and its been tremendous.  much better than the barclays premier league one.

There is a pub in London that shows all College games on a Saturday night, we will probably head there and make a weekend of it.

1 hour ago, The Giant said:

The Texans won and the Vikings lost 34-6 at home. So, naw.

Not on the spread they didnt - were giving 3.5 to the Jags

Just the same result as losing by 28 in the grand scheme of punting .....

1 hour ago, Ally Bongo said:

Not on the spread they didnt - were giving 3.5 to the Jags

Just the same result as losing by 28 in the grand scheme of punting .....

Fair enough. but certainly not 'worse'. At least yours had a chance at one point...

It seems that reports of Dak Prescott's demise were greatly exaggerated. 32/36 for 279 yards, 1 TD and one rushing TD. 

Against a Tampa team on a 5 match winning streak and one of the best D's in football. 

One win in the last 2 matches will secure the division and number 1 seed. 

The team to be most concerned about though is Green Bay. They've got the hottest and most talented QB in the NFC and know what it takes to win in January. 

1 hour ago, Parklife said:

A NY Giants @ Green Bay match up is looking increasingly likely in Wildcard weekend. 

Any @Green Bay playoff game is worth watching in the hope of something brutally cold and / or snowy. 

Interesting for tonights Eagles v Giants game

As of 6pm this evening the spread was Philadelphia +2.5

4 hours later the spread is now Philadelphia -1.5

Thats a big amount of Vegas cash going on the Eagles

14 hours ago, Ally Bongo said:

Interesting for tonights Eagles v Giants game

As of 6pm this evening the spread was Philadelphia +2.5

4 hours later the spread is now Philadelphia -1.5

Thats a big amount of Vegas cash going on the Eagles

They knew their stuff. 

Cowboys now confirmed as number 1 seed.