Strachan interview - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Strachan interview

Toepoke

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ach, he's a good lad. I was worried about some of his patter previously about players being scared, but he clarified those remarks, saying it was about young youth players needing to be brave on the ball. He has a fierce determination for Scotland to produce top top players. We need him.

1 hour ago, er yir macaroon said:

Ach, he's a good lad. I was worried about some of his patter previously about players being scared, but he clarified those remarks, saying it was about young youth players needing to be brave on the ball. He has a fierce determination for Scotland to produce top top players. We need him.

Hear Hear!

2 hours ago, er yir macaroon said:

Well stated my friend. Agree strongly.???

4 hours ago, er yir macaroon said:

Well put.

Great interview, good to hear him being so passionate about the game and the national team.

It's clearly a job he's incredibly proud to have and takes it very seriously.

I'd recommend his detractors have a listen to this and start to get behind him.

45 minutes ago, Rab The Crab said:

I'd recommend his detractors have a listen to this and start to get behind him.

To be honest, i don't give a flying feck what he has to say. What i do care about is pish poor performances and results, of which we'd had plenty. 

3 minutes ago, Parklife said:

To be honest, i don't give a flying feck what he has to say. What i do care about is pish poor performances and results, of which we'd had plenty. 

A lot of Scotland supporters care about both the results and what our manager has to say. Would you rather have a different person in charge?

5 minutes ago, Jacques Hunt said:

Would you rather have a different person in charge?

Yup. I'd rather have a manager who won football matches in charge. Who doesn't set up a team away from home against a team ranked 117th in the world in a way that is so open to counter attacks yet also so impotent in attack. A manager who doesn't settle for a draw against a poor ROI side. A manager who continues to pick the same players regardless of their abject form. A manager who doesn't slag off our players, damage their confidence and induce poor performances from them. 

Him telling me how much he loves the job means hee haw. I would love the job and it'd mean everything to me, i'd be fecking shite at it though. 

40 minutes ago, Parklife said:

Yup. I'd rather have a manager who won football matches in charge. Who doesn't set up a team away from home against a team ranked 117th in the world in a way that is so open to counter attacks yet also so impotent in attack. A manager who doesn't settle for a draw against a poor ROI side. A manager who continues to pick the same players regardless of their abject form. A manager who doesn't slag off our players, damage their confidence and induce poor performances from them. 

Him telling me how much he loves the job means hee haw. I would love the job and it'd mean everything to me, i'd be fecking shite at it though. 

I agree with most of that but I'd be great at the job.

2 hours ago, Parklife said:

Ok point taken. We have to be realistic though, hence my support for WGS. Cannot think of a better manager we could get. You may suggest Lagerback of course. We probably want the same things. Players that can control and pass the football, control a game, beat men, attack and defend and BELIEVE in themselves as a team. Got to hand it to Wales. Great attitude. 

agree with parklife, strachans talks a great game but he did not deliver on any of it during the last campaign. it easy to tell the press what he wants and how much he loves the job, its a lot harder to put it into practice especially when you stick by the same players every time we play a competitive match.

1 hour ago, vanderark14 said:

agree with parklife, strachans talks a great game but he did not deliver on any of it during the last campaign. it easy to tell the press what he wants and how much he loves the job, its a lot harder to put it into practice especially when you stick by the same players every time we play a competitive match.

So do you want a new manager then? If so who?

7 minutes ago, Jacques Hunt said:

So do you want a new manager then? If so who?

I want someone who will motivate the team properly and who will get the players fighting for each other. Strachan doesn't give that. I don't understand it when people ask for examples, its not our job to find the right manager as we are not qualified to do so. Lagerback would be a possibility but would he get through to our players like Brown and Hutton? Who knows!

the bottom line is Strachan failed and we rewarded him with another contract, some fans even applauded that mince in Gibraltar. He's always got an excuse and it seems all he needs to do to get people on side is give an interview and spout his usual nonsens.

Edited by vanderark14

2 minutes ago, vanderark14 said:

I want someone who will motivate the team properly and who will get the players fighting for each other. Strachan doesn't give that. I don't understand it when people ask for examples, its not our job to find the right as we are not qualified to do so. Lagerback would be a possibility but would he get through to our players like Brown and Hutton? Who knows!

the bottom line is Strachan failed and we rewarded him with another contract, some fans even applauded that mince in Gibraltar. He's always got an excuse and it seems all he needs to do to get people on side is give an interview and spout his usual nonsens.

PR is part of his job. I cannot think of a manager we could get who could produce significantly better with what we have available.

Strachan has been stubborn with Brown , Rhodes, McCormack and possibly Anya- I

accept that - but we have limited talent available. I do not believe that we will qualify for WC 2018 but I hope we go to away games with more belief that we can win. All games come to that. I refer to the team rather than fans and that will be down to management. Our defenders worry me a lot more than WGS. If my somewhat negative (realistic?)

prediction becomes reality, WGS will be gone regardless of how we play. 

People always seem unhappy about Strachan selections but I see no suggestions forthcoming about replacement defenders, which is where a lot of our problem lies. Hopefully a defensive minded coach to replace McCall might make a slight difference.

Edited by braveheart_lynch

28 minutes ago, Jacques Hunt said:

PR is part of his job. I cannot think of a manager we could get who could produce significantly better with what we have available.

Strachan has been stubborn with Brown , Rhodes, McCormack and possibly Anya- I

accept that - but we have limited talent available. I do not believe that we will qualify for WC 2018 but I hope we go to away games with more belief that we can win. All games come to that. I refer to the team rather than fans and that will be down to management. Our defenders worry me a lot more than WGS. If my somewhat negative (realistic?)

prediction becomes reality, WGS will be gone regardless of how we play. 

well said Jacques. What we need is something in place to help produce better players ( we have got that now but still a few years away)

What GS has done with the Team in the couple of years is take us from a team that would sit back and hope for a draw at home and away to a team that makes chances and wins games. sadly are defending is very poor at the moment with no options to make it any better.

Just now, stitch said:

What GS has done with the Team in the couple of years is take us from a team that would sit back and hope for a draw at home and away to a team that makes chances and wins games.

Eh?

3 minutes ago, braveheart_lynch said:

People always seem unhappy about Strachan selections but I see no suggestions forthcoming about replacement defenders, which is where a lot of our problem lies. Hopefully a defensive minded coach to replace McCall might make a slight difference.

Probably be a good idea to play our best and most disciplined holding midfielder a bit more often then, rather than sticking with an abjectly out of form Scott Brown. 

3 minutes ago, Parklife said:

Probably be a good idea to play our best and most disciplined holding midfielder a bit more often then, rather than sticking with an abjectly out of form Scott Brown. 

What has a holding midfielder got to do with how we defend a set piece? Still no suggestions....

Edited by braveheart_lynch

3 minutes ago, braveheart_lynch said:

What has a holding midfielder got to do with how we defend a set piece? Still no suggestions....

Here's me thinking our defeat to Georgia happened when they ran right through the middle of the pitch...