Game of Thrones - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

1 minute ago, Brummie Hibs said:

Very poor last season - it could have been condensed into half the episodes.

Last episode was kinda okay - but the whole season had very few dropped jaw moment.

Now to drop out this thread out of fear of reading spoilers from books.

The series is now past the books.

4 minutes ago, phart said:

The series is now past the books.

Read up to Feast for Crows, and have been waiting for the 'revelation' that appeared at the end of book (3 or 4?) when somebody returned VERY unexpectedly alongside Thoros of Myr. I'm guessing that has been cut out completely from the series.

Edited by Brummie Hibs

1 hour ago, Brummie Hibs said:

Read up to Feast for Crows, and have been waiting for the 'revelation' that appeared at the end of book (3 or 4?) when somebody returned VERY unexpectedly alongside Thoros of Myr. I'm guessing that has been cut out completely from the series.

Yeah that's not going to be in it i think.

3 hours ago, Brummie Hibs said:

You guessed right. 

J

6 hours ago, Brummie Hibs said:

Was it a female character who was perhaps killed off at a wedding?

ive only read the first 2 books but heard there was a reincarnation of a main character.

9 minutes ago, Brummie Hibs said:

Apparently only 13 episodes left which will be spread over 2 seasons.

Still a lot to get through seemingly but the show has cut a lot of characters this series so it's certainly been streamlined for the finish now. 

• 1 year later...

Two episodes into Season 7 and no posts!!!

Episode 1 was was as expected - a reintroduction to the characters, but yesterday's episode 2 really stirred things up. Looks like Daenerys is no longer the outright favourite to win the big final battle after all. However, I expect Jorah Mormont will play a big part somewhere. 

27 minutes ago, Brummie Hibs said:

Two episodes into Season 7 and no posts!!!

Episode 1 was was as expected - a reintroduction to the characters, but yesterday's episode 2 really stirred things up. Looks like Daenerys is no longer the outright favourite to win the big final battle after all. However, I expect Jorah Mormont will play a big part somewhere. 

That Jorah scene going in to the next one was inspired!  Brilliant stuff.

Here's my review on another site where we were talking about it

It's fecking terrible. I don't actually watch TV (apart from real life shit, occasional sporting events and MMA/boxing) so this is the first time i've watched a show since LOST finished. Every scene dragged on and on. They have literally no material it seems like, Martin probably told them the waypoints, and that's all they have.

EDIT: It seems that show isn't for me, although i like the books.

Edited by phart

2 hours ago, Ormond said:

Am I the only fvcker who doesn't watch this? She(that's right cvnts) pesters the fvck out of me to watch it. I disappear upstairs to watch a cooking channel when it's on.

That's a shame, there was a good pie recipe in the last season :lol:

3 hours ago, Ormond said:

Am I the only fvcker who doesn't watch this? She(that's right cvnts) pesters the fvck out of me to watch it. I disappear upstairs to watch a cooking channel when it's on.

I watched 6 series last year in around 2-3 weeks 

I enjoyed it 

7 hours ago, Ormond said:

So your girlfriend is watching the thing full of tits and fighting and you're watching Delia? You've taken this feminism thing too far.