Jeremy Corbyn - fecked? - Page 4 - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Jeremy Corbyn - fecked?

1 minute ago, Scunnered said:

No she hasn't.  She's been misrepresented by the media.  What she has announced is that she will be standing down as an MP at the next election.  She remains in the Shadow Cabinet.

Shadow education secretary @PatGlassMP resigns, days after being appointed. Follow @BBCPolitics for latest http://bbc.in/29o8WcI

Just now, Ally Bongo said:

Shadow education secretary @PatGlassMP resigns, days after being appointed. Follow @BBCPolitics for latest http://bbc.in/29o8WcI

No, you're actually right.  She announced last night:

CmC2kdGWYAAjFjY.jpg

And just announced half an hour before PMQ's she's quitting the shadow cabinet.  My mistake :ok:

It's ok - i'll be completely wrong about something else fairly soon

#PMQs starts in 20 mins. Corbyn currently drawing faces on balloons in a bid to fill the front bench.

23 minutes ago, giblet said:

Chilcott report is the major problem here for the resigners.  Very few of the potential leaders didnt oppose the Iraq war.  

I think behind all this backstabbing to get rid of Corbyn is the Chilcott report. 

Edited by G-Man

Read something earlier that suggested that every single Labour MP that has so far resigned abstained on the 2015 welfare bill which Corbyn voted against. It's hardly front page news but it does highlight the type of cretin we are dealing with here.

In order for Blair and those currently sitting MPs who supported him to be properly called out and exposed for their terrible judgement and criminal support of the war in Iraq, it is imperative that Corbyn remains in place. It therefore becomes imperative to them, in order to protect their own interests, that he is ousted before Chilcott is published.

I hope to god he is still leader in a fortnight, for as leader of the Labour Party he will have all the ammunition he needs to tear these criminals to shreds when Chilcott finally provides cast iron confirmation that Blair lied and his disciples fell into line probably knowing as much.

The current leader calling him out for his crimes would be catastrophic for Blair.

4 hours ago, aaid said:

Salmond is suggesting it's a factor. 

Me and Salmond, look alike, think alike it's uncanny.

:whistling:

53 minutes ago, DaveyDenoon said:

In order for Blair and those currently sitting MPs who supported him to be properly called out and exposed for their terrible judgement and criminal support of the war in Iraq, it is imperative that Corbyn remains in place. It therefore becomes imperative to them, in order to protect their own interests, that he is ousted before Chilcott is published.

I hope to god he is still leader in a fortnight, for as leader of the Labour Party he will have all the ammunition he needs to tear these criminals to shreds when Chilcott finally provides cast iron confirmation that Blair lied and his disciples fell into line probably knowing as much.

The current leader calling him out for his crimes would be catastrophic for Blair.

What I wanted to say earlier but you probably explained it better.

Only thing is it's out in 7 days, so he just has to cling on till then. 

3 hours ago, Grim Jim said:

I'm a bit slow to get the connection (Chilcott: why the need to ditch Corbyn?), but read this. Get it now...

https://www.craigmurray.org.uk/archives/2016/06/still-iraq-war-stupid/

Aye Hilary emails leaked and showed like Murray says Syria was for Israel to maintain their dominance over the region. Murray has it right.

Think others are correct about Chilcott. Referendum very very clearly a completely false pretext for the disgraceful actions all these labur MPs are taking. I don't recall a single one of them campaigning to stay in except for Ms Eagle who was abysmal on her tv debate slot.

It's also the case that none of these charlatan MPs supported Corbyn in the first place. But they are all conveniently ignoring the fact that the party leader is no longer their choice. I hope Corbyn can see them off, have his day of condemnation of all their war crimes and that Corbyn's supporters can in due course have all these appalling MPs deselected and expelled.

And I write as someone who has in my past been elected more than once as a labour party candidate. Thanks to Kinnock and Blair etc  it's a party I have found it impossible to ever rejoin. At least Corbyn did though  offer a chance of a better labour party one day.

6 hours ago, Orraloon said:

Can anybody on this planet, even Scunnered, imagine Angela Eagle to be credible candidate for the post of PM. FFS the dead corpse of Michael Foot would stand a better chance.

She is just the stooge to trigger the challenge. I am just waiting for Miliband to add his name to the list.

Cameron was a pathetic clown today, calling for Corbyn to go, using a hamfisted version of a phrase with a hollow ring of history about it just emphasising what a historic orator he isn't, delivered with all the conviction of an expiring fish. We've seen it before - he's a coward and a bully, trying to kick the one guy in the house more wretched than himself, knowing the guy has nowhere to turn, with an ugly gang of backstabbers behind him. 

If this resignation pressure is all about Chilcot, it's even more reason that he deserves cross-party support to stay, as the saying goes, for the sake of the nation.

The predicted Corbyn response to Chilcott is the driving force behind this.

The Blairites are terrified that Corbyn will apologise for Iraq next week and call for a prosecution of Blair, but they've not taken into account the general populace acceptance that we all know that Blair led the UK in to an illegal war but no one really gives a fvck.

The UK is a country run on inertia. More people care about Jordan having a likeable mongo kid than illegal invasions based on a nest of lies.

To quote Generation Kill "the best time and place to steal a car is in the middle of a busy parking lot in the middle of the afternoon, you know why?

NO ONE GIVES A FCK"

Blair could shoot up a shopping centre full of Estonians live on TV and it would all have been forgotten about within the least part of a fortnight.

The deposed SLabbers from last year are out in support of that wee tit Murray and demanding Corbyn stands down. The old crowd of - Haggie Curran, Anne Begg, Gemma Doyle, Pamela Nash, Russell Brown, Gordon Banks, *Willie Bain* and so on. Needless to say, old man Foulkes signed it too before popping down the off-licence. 

*Tom Harris made a veiled reference on twitter some months ago that Bain was regarded as a complete imbecile by his own colleagues.

Fair play to the Jez man for annoying the old SLab establishment kunts :ok:

J. K. Rowling and Caitlin Moran have joined Robert Harris and (Tory supporter) Iain Martin's twitter campaign for "moderates" to join the party solely to depose Corbyn in the leadership contest. :rolleyes:

I see an ex Edinburgh Journo David Maddox last night (working now for a London based paper) started tweeting that Ian Murray was a dark horse candidate.

incredibly all the usual unionist journos started supporting it.  The guy claimed to be intimidated after someone put stickers on his windows during indyref, not sure that being the next PM is in his capabilities.

26 minutes ago, giblet said:

I see an ex Edinburgh Journo David Maddox last night (working now for a London based paper) started tweeting that Ian Murray was a dark horse candidate.

incredibly all the usual unionist journos started supporting it.  The guy claimed to be intimidated after someone put stickers on his windows during indyref, not sure that being the next PM is in his capabilities.

:lol:

If someone wearing an SNP rosette said "boo" to him he'd probably call the cops.

Watch his past performances at Scottish questions when he was the shadow secretary of state for Scotland, he looked fecking petrified every time he was at the dispatch box.

Another "proud Scotsman" :rolleyes:

12 hours ago, brant grebner said:

The predicted Corbyn response to Chilcott is the driving force behind this.

The Blairites are terrified that Corbyn will apologise for Iraq next week and call for a prosecution of Blair, but they've not taken into account the general populace acceptance that we all know that Blair led the UK in to an illegal war but no one really gives a fvck.

The UK is a country run on inertia. More people care about Jordan having a likeable mongo kid than illegal invasions based on a nest of lies.

To quote Generation Kill "the best time and place to steal a car is in the middle of a busy parking lot in the middle of the afternoon, you know why?

NO ONE GIVES A FCK"

Blair could shoot up a shopping centre full of Estonians live on TV and it would all have been forgotten about within the least part of a fortnight.

Completely agree. And they dont just forget illegal wars. 

Anyone remember that MP Jo Cox ??? 

Labour press conference to publish report in to anti-Semitism in the Labour Party.

Anti-semitic remarks made towards a Jewish MP who was present.

Corbyn stands by and does nothing.

You couldn't make this sort of stuff up.  If it was an idea pitched for the Thick of It, then it would have been rejected for being too far fetched.

18 minutes ago, aaid said:

Labour press conference to publish report in to anti-Semitism in the Labour Party.

Anti-semitic remarks made towards a Jewish MP who was present.

Corbyn stands by and does nothing.

You couldn't make this sort of stuff up.  If it was an idea pitched for the Thick of It, then it would have been rejected for being too far fetched.

http://www.theguardian.com/politics/2016/jun/30/jeremy-corbyn-appears-compare-israeli-government-islamic-state-labour-antisemitism-review

For the record Israel is giving aid to ISIS as per the united nations, and numerous other independent sources. So comparing them while politically naive is actually truthful.

http://www.un.org/ga/search/view_doc.asp?symbol=S/2015/177

http://www.haaretz.com/blogs/strenger-than-fiction/.premium-1.643032

The Israeli prime minister is about to win another term thanks to the rise of Islamic terror — and the paralysis of the center-left.
read more: http://www.haaretz.com/blogs/strenger-than-fiction/.premium-1.643032

http://www.timesofisrael.com/yaalon-syrian-rebels-keeping-druze-safe-in-exchange-for-israeli-aid/

http://www.washingtonsblog.com/2014/09/turkey-israel-directly-supporting-isis-al-qaeda-syria.html

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3315347/Watch-heart-pounding-moment-Israeli-commandos-save-Islamic-militants-Syrian-warzone-risking-lives-sworn-enemies.html

http://www.globalresearch.ca/israel-supports-isis/5492807

http://www.haaretz.com/israel-news/.premium-1.630359