Jeremy Corbyn - fecked? - Page 23 - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Jeremy Corbyn - fecked?

7 hours ago, Orraloon said:

He doesn't need to target them though. There are over 20 million folk out there who usually can't be bothered to vote. Those are the folk he is targeting.

Yes but if they cant be bothered voting are they likely to be watching a political debate when the competition is Britains got talent and an 'explosive' week in Corrie ??

14 hours ago, Orraloon said:

He doesn't need to target them though. There are over 20 million folk out there who usually can't be bothered to vote. Those are the folk he is targeting.

Ok maybe not specifically those individuals of that generation, but more generally in swing seats. I thought it's been said that supposedly extra Labour votes tend to pile up more in their heartlands but it's harder to actually win new seats. But who knows? It's hard to predict, this election.

Tuned into the debate to see what Corbyn is all about.  The interruptions he gets are unbelievable! The BBC whanks hardly let him get a sentence out... please please God let him get elected and then privatize that shitbag outfit in the ultimate irony.

That ##### Angus from the SNP is pissing me off. Corbyn doing well. If Corbyn gets his shit going on in Scotland he will take chunks out of the SNP.  Salmond would be on this threat much more. SNP are sleep walking into a kicking here I think from right and left. 

45 minutes ago, thplinth said:

Tuned into the debate to see what Corbyn is all about.  The interruptions he gets are unbelievable! The BBC whanks hardly let him get a sentence out... please please God let him get elected and then privatize that shitbag outfit in the ultimate irony.

That ##### Angus from the SNP is pissing me off. Corbyn doing well. If Corbyn gets his shit going on in Scotland he will take chunks out of the SNP.  Salmond would be on this threat much more. SNP are sleep walking into a kicking here I think from right and left. 

nonsense

44 minutes ago, thplinth said:

I think you are talking shyte. Judging by audience reaction the momentum was very much anti Conservative and anti UKIP. Thought all 5 non tory representatives spoke very well - no-one standing out above the other.

3 minutes ago, irnbruman said:

I think you are talking shyte. Judging by audience reaction the momentum was very much anti Conservative and anti UKIP. Thought all 5 non tory representatives spoke very well - no-one standing out above the other.

Cheers I think you are talking out your khunthole. The only people getting applause were Corbyn and maybe the Green. They could not shut him up quick enough. Very noticeable. 

52 minutes ago, thplinth said:

Total BS with regards Robertson. I watched it all and every answer he gave was met by either mild/warm applause and some with cheers and they were an English audience.

Really you liked that SNP guy? :lol: 

I hardly watch Scottish & UK politics anymore but now I have had a gander at that a lot of shit going on is making more sense. The only one there who resembled a human was Corbyn. 

6 minutes ago, thplinth said:

Really you liked that SNP guy? :lol: 

I hardly watch Scottish & UK politics anymore but now I have had a gander at that a lot of shit going on is making more sense. The only one there who resembled a human was Corbyn. 

Not a matter of whether I liked him or not the fact is his remarks were very well received by an English audience which is some achievement considering how much of a bad press the SNP get down there.

I don't mean to single out the SNP guy. Jezus, the liberal guy was truly fhucking appalling, the worst by far. But the SNP are coming across just like any other party while Corbyn is coming across like the edge of the same political wave that the SNP was riding (and now isn't).

1 minute ago, thplinth said:

I don't mean to single out the SNP guy. Jezus, the liberal guy was truly fhucking appalling, the worst by far. But the SNP are coming across just like any other party while Corbyn is coming across like the edge of the same political wave that the SNP was riding (and now isn't).

Corbyn did fine as did Robertson that is how I saw it. Robertson wasn't booed at all and more often than not applauded - as I said some achievement considering it was an all-English audience. The real flop was Nuttall for me.

2 minutes ago, Caledonian Craig said:

Corbyn did fine as did Robertson that is how I saw it. Robertson wasn't booed at all and more often than not applauded - as I said some achievement considering it was an all-English audience. The real flop was Nuttall for me.

Not that it has anything to do with the amount of applause he received, but how do you know the audience as 'all English'?

Just now, Caledonian Craig said:

Ohhhh no you just reminded me!... it was him! who seemed to be getting smatterings of applause and not the green!

Mind they were trying to compare Corbyn with UKIP at one point... Man!

Corbyn and UKIP do share common ground! They really (and not in a bad way) do...

So I can see Corbyn recapturing working class homelands from UKIP.

3 minutes ago, Caledonian Craig said:

Okay not all-English but surely it was Cambridge on a Wednesday night so would presume they were all locals so the majority English - happy?

It was a genuine question. I've now checked how the audience was selected and it's explained on the BBC live feed through a tweet from the 'BBC press team' (whatever that is):

"The BBC asked polling company ComRes to pick audience that is representative of the country demographically and politically."

1 minute ago, DonnyTJS said:

It was a genuine question. I've now checked how the audience was selected and it's explained on the BBC live feed through a tweet from the 'BBC press team' (whatever that is):

"The BBC asked polling company ComRes to pick audience that is representative of the country demographically and politically."

So mostly English,

1 minute ago, Eisegerwind said:

So mostly English,

:lol: Feck me, can't a bloke ask a question on here? No, I expected the audience to be majority Scottish .... ffs ^?^

Edited by DonnyTJS

7 minutes ago, DonnyTJS said:

:lol: Feck me, can't a bloke ask a question on here? No, I expected the audience to be majority Scottish .... ffs ^?^

Well Donny unless I am mistaken I did not here any Glaswegian accents in the people asking questions and can't see the BBC bussing people in from Scotland to make up the audience either. So it was a genuine observation that, for all I've read on other forums (not this) that the SNP are this and that then Robertson's views were warmly received.

Well, I've a couple of minutes spare so let's see how language gets misunderstood ...

I wake up having not seen the debate. I blearily look at the TAMB and each of your posts about the debate mention the nationality of the audience:

1 hour ago, Caledonian Craig said:

Total BS with regards Robertson. I watched it all and every answer he gave was met by either mild/warm applause and some with cheers and they were an English audience.

51 minutes ago, Caledonian Craig said:

Not a matter of whether I liked him or not the fact is his remarks were very well received by an English audience which is some achievement considering how much of a bad press the SNP get down there.

34 minutes ago, Caledonian Craig said:

Once or twice, ok, especially given that the majority were presumably English given its location, but your last post on the audience being all English actually made me wonder. Perhaps it had been announced that this was an 'English' election debate - but then why invite Plaid & SNP. So I posted the question:

31 minutes ago, DonnyTJS said:

Not that it has anything to do with the amount of applause he received, but how do you know the audience as 'all English'?

And then looked at the BBC live feed to get an idea of what had been said. Coincidentally, I found the BBC's tweet about the audience in reply to accusatory tweets of a left-wing bias. By the time I get back to the TAMB with my interesting discovery, you have moved on to presuming the audience is all domiciled in Cambridge.

29 minutes ago, Caledonian Craig said:

Okay not all-English but surely it was Cambridge on a Wednesday night so would presume they were all locals so the majority English - happy?

I then have Eisengerwind helpfully pointing out that my posting of the tweet shows that the audience was "mostly English" - like I hadn't realized that ...

You now say that you "can't see the BBC bussing in people from Scotland" - can't you? I've no idea, but given that the BBC claim it's a representative demographic, I wouldn't dismiss it. None of which has any bearing on who was applauded and who wasn't - I'm just suggesting that a major televised debate on a UK general election might encourage the organizers to look beyond the environs of Cambridge.

8 minutes ago, DonnyTJS said:

You now say that you "can't see the BBC bussing in people from Scotland" - can't you? I've no idea, but given that the BBC claim it's a representative demographic, I wouldn't dismiss it. None of which has any bearing on who was applauded and who wasn't - I'm just suggesting that a major televised debate on a UK general election might encourage the organizers to look beyond the environs of Cambridge.

At the end of the day though the general concensus driven by MSM is that SNP are eejits - that didn't pan out with how Robertson was received compared to Nuttall.