Jeremy Corbyn - fecked? - Page 22 - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Jeremy Corbyn - fecked?

ps

servility -

noun

an excessive willingness to serve or please others.

"a classic example of media servility"

obsequiousness, sycophancy, excessive deference, subservience, submissiveness, fawning, toadyism, toadying, grovelling, cringing, unctuousness, oiliness, abjectness, abjection, cravenness, slavishness, humility, self-abasement, David Mundell

51 minutes ago, Ally Bongo said:

1 - stop trolling me please. It's getting freaky. Alternatively put me on ignore. It's a really good board function

2 - “But just to be absolutely clear, I do not think there should be another referendum. I think that independence would be economically catastrophic for many people in Scotland. It would lead to a sort of turbo charged austerity with the levels of income the government has in Scotland, because of the very low oil prices and the high dependency on oil tax income.”

Economically catastrophic & Turbo charged austerity = Gives the impression Scotland would be shite on its own & needs England

3 - You can use mantra to refer to a statement or a principle that people repeat very often because they think it is true, especially when you think that it not true or is only part of the truth

Ah, you were being all tabloid ... I see.

And I know the meaning of 'servility'; I was questioning the grammar...

Edited by DonnyTJS

14 hours ago, buckielugger said:

Just a comment on ScotLab and independence...i also do not understand their unionist position...can someone please please ask Kezia & whoever else do they support the existence of Latvia  Lithuania   Croatia  etc etc anyway on earth in fact...if so why oh why do they not think Scotland is entitled to statehood??  And for that matter England not entitled either Wales etc.

They COULD if they wanted to offer a different position, suggest Scotland and all UK constituent countries each become sovereign nations and then form a federation...

Whatever they do though, it is untenable of ScotLab to persist supporting a tory unionist stance.

I think it's a case of naked self interest and putting party interests before everything else.

You would think someone in Labour would take a step back and think "how did we get to a position where the Scottish Labour leader is advising people to vote tactically for the Tories?"

Corbyn has told a reporter that he'd open discussions with the SNP over a second referendum if he's PM.

No word on whether or not Kezia Dugdale has spontaneously combusted or not. 

On 2017-5-28 at 10:25 AM, girvanTA said:

Corbyn has scored a few own goals by allowing Diane Abbott on the telly. Fuk me, she is useless. 

Having her as a home secretary would be like having Jimmy saville as a children's commissioner.

She is a walking car crash

Well 'we' (by that I mean Labour supporters like me who dwell in the deepest shires) may have Abbott but they lead us 2-1 in terms of buffoonery: Boris (chased out of Oxford today) and Michael Fallon who tried to diss corbyn till it was pointed out that the quote he referred to was actually made by Boris. May herself makes it 3-1 with her limited grasp of political nous.

Those of you who are surprised (like the plinth) by JC don't realise that he has become battle hardened by 2 years of attacks from his own right wing and his impressive shows in the Leadership hustings with the poor Owen Smith.

16 minutes ago, aaid said:

Corbyn has told a reporter that he'd open discussions with the SNP over a second referendum if he's PM.

No word on whether or not Kezia Dugdale has spontaneously combusted or not. 

And I'm sure he will. Not all the manifesto policies are his own doing - he has had to reconcile a rabid right wing but his great achievement has been to put power back in the hands of the membership - 600k and rising.

16 minutes ago, Third Lanark said:

Well 'we' (by that I mean Labour supporters like me who dwell in the deepest shires) may have Abbott but they lead us 2-1 in terms of buffoonery: Boris (chased out of Oxford today) and Michael Fallon who tried to diss corbyn till it was pointed out that the quote he referred to was actually made by Boris. May herself makes it 3-1 with her limited grasp of political nous.

Those of you who are surprised (like the plinth) by JC don't realise that he has become battle hardened by 2 years of attacks from his own right wing and his impressive shows in the Leadership hustings with the poor Owen Smith.

coming from Ayrshire myself and being brought up in a mining village, who's family has been traditionally labour supporters, I think Abbott is an absolute catastrofuk of a deputy. She will do more harm than good. I feel that labour has lost its roots, took Scotland for granted and have missed the boat with a new generation of voter's.

As for Boris and Fallon, I couldn't care less.  I would rather get rid of Abbott than say "oh but look at Boris and Fallon" to me that's just letting her off the hook

He easily bat aside the audience questions - think he should have weighed into that small businessman who was advocating zero hours contracts and ccomplaining about his school fees.

Paxman was a complete joke - has been for several years. Didn't put Corbyn under any bit of pressure at all. I will personally vote for Labour (my constituency of Fylde one of the safest tory seats in England.)  but despise Labour in Scotland. My ideal is SNP sweeping the board in Scotland and working with Corbyn.

Edited by irnbruman

23 minutes ago, irnbruman said:

He easily bat aside the audience questions - think he should have weighed into that small businessman who was advocating zero hours contracts and ccomplaining about his school fees.

Paxman was a complete joke - has been for several years. Didn't put Corbyn under any bit of pressure at all. I will personally vote for Labour (my constituency of Fylde one of the safest tory seats in England.)  but despise Labour in Scotland. My ideal is SNP sweeping the board in Scotland and working with Corbyn.

Snap. SNP in Scotland and Labour win with a SNP coalition. 

I'm in a Tory v Lib Dem battle seat here in Chippenham. 

J

Paxman, whats your favourite make of car.

Teresa, I prefer cats to dogs.

Answer the fckin question you get asked, not the one you want to, how the hell did this utterly incompetent idiot get to be PM. Its ridiculous that she is in charge of anything.

Quite a few Tory friendly journalists saying May should take a step back from being front and centre of the Tory campaign and delegate to the likes of Hammond, Fallon, Rudd, Greening etc as she clearly is hopeless, nervous and uncomfortable with TV interviews.

8 minutes ago, ErsatzThistle said:

Quite a few Tory friendly journalists saying May should take a step back from being front and centre of the Tory campaign and delegate to the likes of Hammond, Fallon, Rudd, Greening etc as she clearly is hopeless, nervous and uncomfortable with TV interviews.

Bit difficult to take that approach though when you've made the entire campaign about giving you a personal mandate though. 

Not sure what the election 'debate' achieved. Although Corbyn played his hand quite well, it's hard to see him making many new recruits from 'Basildon Man' or 'Worcester Woman'.  Theresa may dreadful but not wounded badly enough to stop ecstatic followers from cheering on whatever deal she decides is a good deal, or applauding whatever cap she decides sh can get away with.

Edited by exile

10 hours ago, exile said:

Not sure what the election 'debate' achieved. Although Corbyn played his hand quite well, it's hard to see him making many new recruits from 'Basildon Man' or 'Worcester Woman'.  Theresa may dreadful but not wounded badly enough to stop ecstatic followers from cheering on whatever deal she decides is a good deal, or applauding whatever cap she decides sh can get away with.

He doesn't need to target them though. There are over 20 million folk out there who usually can't be bothered to vote. Those are the folk he is targeting.

3 minutes ago, Auld_Reekie said:

Would love it for Corbyn to have a great election. If only to make Scottish Labour and all those Labour backbenchers who've been desperate to oust him, look like the fools they are. 

:ok: ... well there's other reasons too, but those two are pretty good. Re-setting the Blairite PLP was never going to be an overnight process, but he's toughed it out and it'd be great if it comes off.

surprised how little the disunity in the labour camp has been a major thrust of the election.

Corbyn's done better than expected.  I'm half thinking of voting for him.

I don't want to be held to ransom on the one subject of independence my whole life.  

Corbyn's offering nationalised industry, more equal society, end to zero hours.  I like what he's saying.

Incredibly, it used to be Scottish Labour you thought were the moral heart of the Labour party.  Now they're the ones that you put you right off.

16 minutes ago, Auld_Reekie said:

Would love it for Corbyn to have a great election. If only to make Scottish Labour and all those Labour backbenchers who've been desperate to oust him, look like the fools they are. 

6 minutes ago, PapofGlencoe said:

surprised how little the disunity in the labour camp has been a major thrust of the election.

Corbyn's done better than expected.  I'm half thinking of voting for him.

I don't want to be held to ransom on the one subject of independence my whole life.  

Corbyn's offering nationalised industry, more equal society, end to zero hours.  I like what he's saying.

Incredibly, it used to be Scottish Labour you thought were the moral heart of the Labour party.  Now they're the ones that you put you right off.

Agree with both of the above. Can't bring myself to vote for Labour in Scotland at the moment, not solely due to the Independence issue, but also due to their almost complete opposition to Corbyn's Labour stewardship. 

Would be wonderful to see him cap off this last few weeks rise with a victory over the Tories next week.

I forget which crisis it was exactly (a while ago now) but I recall Corbyn getting up to speak in front of a very hostile House of Commons (both sides) and he delivered his speech with a calmness that really surprised me. It was as if he was sitting at home talking to friends. He was utterly unfazed by it all it seemed to me. It was impressive.  

https://inews.co.uk/essentials/news/politics/jeremy-corbyns-extreme-inner-calm-steadying-labour-says-john-mcdonnell/ 

Interestingly the comparison with Clinton & Trump and May & Corbyn is gathering pace... definitely got that vibe to it now.

http://www.politico.com/magazine/story/2017/05/29/steve-hilton-theresa-may-donald-trump-british-election-215205

edit: Abbot is a disaster waiting to happen but.

Edited by thplinth