1 minute ago, iainmac1 said:

Wee Willie Rennie says he backs EU negotiation but not independence. Not sure what he wants exactly.

Neither is he. Denmark type arrangements maybe?

So just 70% of the popular vote for parties possibly back independence. 

Genuinely hoping for labour to show their internationalist intentions. 

Scottish independence poll: Yes: 52% (+5) No: 48% (-5) (via Panelbase / 24 - 25 Jun) Chgs. from 28 Apr.

No doubt Ruth will play the incessant once in generation line. Nicola could silence that by a clause in a ref bill that rules out another ref for say 15yrs. No great sacrifice as zero chance of indyref3 in that timescale anyway.

Most if not all of the scare stories from 2014 will work far less now, too many people on the record arguing diametrically opposite positions. 

The thought of the current Brexit lot running Westminster and arguing AGAINST 'taking back control' would be funny if it wasn't so desperately sad.

3 hours ago, iainmac1 said:

Wee Willie Rennie says he backs EU negotiation but not independence. Not sure what he wants exactly.

He wants the Pars to win the First division and set of front teeth that don't look like a couple of dirty pieces of Wrigley's Extra stuck in a mound of pissed up Plasticine.

6 hours ago, flumax said:

Scottish independence poll: Yes: 52% (+5) No: 48% (-5) (via Panelbase / 24 - 25 Jun) Chgs. from 28 Apr.

Not really high enough tbh. People are still in the knee-jerk reaction from Brexit. 

Tbe 59% from Sunday post is more interesting but do we know if it's actually from a polling company yet? 

Sunday Post was by polling company. 

Have to wait a month or two at least to let things calm down. And IMO, Sturgeon will be working for clear EU support before any referendum which will take time. 

What's probably more interesting is what happens in Scottish Labour. Dugdale clearly doesn't have a clue what to do and has the likes of Chisholm and McLeish hinting at support while hardliners continue to oppose. There's never going to be a better time to break Scottish Labour publicly on independence and SNP should be exploiting this at every opportunity. That will have a far greater impact on independence support.

35 minutes ago, Auld_Reekie said:

Have to wait a month or two at least to let things calm down. And IMO, Sturgeon will be working for clear EU support before any referendum which will take time. 

What's probably more interesting is what happens in Scottish Labour. Dugdale clearly doesn't have a clue what to do and has the likes of Chisholm and McLeish hinting at support while hardliners continue to oppose. There's never going to be a better time to break Scottish Labour publicly on independence and SNP should be exploiting this at every opportunity. That will have a far greater impact on independence support.

I think Sturgeon has a chance to work on Kez.  She's younger and potentially impressionable and had already shown a chink in the armour when it comes to Indy. 

If Corbyn were to be toppled it could be the final straw. 

1 hour ago, Auld_Reekie said:

Dugdale will be under huge pressure from the Unions to support any option that keeps Scotland in the EU.

Actually, it wouldn't surprise me if major Unions in Scotland decide en masse to support SNP and independence. They'll be looking at what their support of a No votegot them last time.

8 hours ago, flumax said:

That's across the referendum though, 24th June people wouldn't have known we were out. 

9 hours ago, flumax said:

The big swinger is the 300k no voting rUK from 450k. 

Even turning that around wouldn't do it. Focus has to be on indigenous scots. 

....... That or invite 500k europhilic migrants (Lets call them brefugees - everyone loves a portmanteau) from rUK to make Scotland their home. 

And even that is only 67% "NO" so as you say we need to focus on persuading everybody. The EU nationals aren't going to swing it for us. 

I think the next Independence campaign should be called "Breeks oot" or something equally catchy.:lol:

9 hours ago, iainmac1 said:

He just wants another go on the Flying Fox.

30 minutes ago, Rossy said:

Dugdale will be under huge pressure from the Unions to support any option that keeps Scotland in the EU.

Actually, it wouldn't surprise me if major Unions in Scotland decide en masse to support SNP and independence. They'll be looking at what their support of a No votegot them last time.

I can see that happening, Nicola particularly has done a lot of reaching out to the Unions and their opposition to the Trade Union bill will not have gone unnoticed  

9 hours ago, flumax said:

Can't see ruth joining in. 

I can't see her being asked tbh.  I suspect the desired cross party alliance is a "progressive" one, progressive of course is code for everyone else but the Tories. 

Just now, exile said:

Ruth needs to decide which country she wishes to be Prime Minister of

Well due to Eval sure won't be pm of UK and stay on Scotland as she wouldn't be able to command the house 

"This is not going to be a rerun of the 2014 referendum. The UK Scotland voted to stay in doesn't exist anymore" Nicola Sturgeon 

8 minutes ago, aaid said:

I can see that happening, Nicola particularly has done a lot of reaching out to the Unions and their opposition to the Trade Union bill will not have gone unnoticed.

I can't see it.  The Scottish Government haven't been friends of the Unions particularly over blacklisting.  BUT these things should be balloted to members where yes, there could be a chance of support for independence.

Sturgeon this morning on the tele has calmed me down a bit, once the emotions of Thursday/Friday go away people will start to see her in reality.  On one hand, she cannot, or will not answer questions on indyref2 because we are in unchartered water, unprecedented circumstances etc, however she is adamant brexit is going to be a huge problem across the board.  Obviously brexit is chartered water then.  A very irresponsible politician.

Edited by BlueGaz

4 minutes ago, BlueGaz said:

Sturgeon this morning on the tele has calmed me down a bit, once the emotions of Thursday/Friday go away people will start to see her in reality.  On one hand, she cannot, or will not answer questions on indyref2 because we are in unchartered water, unprecedented circumstances etc, however she is adamant brexit is going to be a huge problem across the board.  Obviously brexit is chartered water then.  A very irresponsible politician.

The rUK is in economic chaos, is absolutely leaderless, none of the right-wing racist cabal that has taken over power knows what to do,  and the future for the next 2 or 3 years is one of absolute uncertainty.

So let's have a go at Nicola Sturgeon. 

Jeeeesus. :lol:

10 minutes ago, BlueGaz said:

Clearly this is why numerous commentators from across the political spectrum are saying that Nicola Sturgeon is the only person showing any leadership in the UK right now. 

1 minute ago, Rossy said:

The rUK is in economic chaos, is absolutely leaderless, none of the right-wing racist cabal that has taken over power knows what to do,  and the future for the next 2 or 3 years is one of absolute uncertainty.

So let's have a go at Nicola Sturgeon. 

Jeeeesus. :lol:

Exactly, so why not say that?  I mentioned her as I happened to turn it on and she was being interviewed, and she is the most important person in the centre of the brand new indyref2 shite over the last few days.  

She is unable/unwilling to say there is absolute uncertainty, except on the part that is her number 1 priority, indy.  So yes, lets have a go at Nicola Sturgeon.  

1 minute ago, aaid said:

Clearly this is why numerous commentators from across the political spectrum are saying that Nicola Sturgeon is the only person showing any leadership in the UK right now. 

As far as I am concerned, same arse, different cheek.  I constantly will her to be honest, but she doesn't have it in her, the same as the rest of them.  Zero cohonas.

1 minute ago, BlueGaz said:

Exactly, so why not say that?  I mentioned her as I happened to turn it on and she was being interviewed, and she is the most important person in the centre of the brand new indyref2 shite over the last few days.  

She is unable/unwilling to say there is absolute uncertainty, except on the part that is her number 1 priority, indy.  So yes, lets have a go at Nicola Sturgeon.  

In fairness, she did mention uncertainty re: Indyref2.  She said she wouldn't answer questions on it because there is uncertainty over currency etc.

Personally I think she's just saying enough to keep Cove Sheep happy and the reactionary types in her party cheery.

Just now, Scunnered said:

In fairness, she did mention uncertainty re: Indyref2.  She said she wouldn't answer questions on it because there is uncertainty over currency etc.

Personally I think she's just saying enough to keep Cove Sheep happy and the reactionary types in her party cheery.

I said that though - she did mention uncertainty re: Indyref2.  But was unable to admit there was also uncertainty with the pending Brexit, should it happen. How can you be uncertain on one hand because we are in unchartered water, but certain on the other hand, when we are .......... in unchartered water.

10 minutes ago, BlueGaz said:

You're twisting yourself in knots trying to find a reason (not that people like you need one) to have a go at Sturgeon.

What she said....with blinding clarity...it's that the only thing that is certain, is the uncertainty that this vote has caused. Even a child could understand that, and I fail to see what it is she said that caused you to run on here desperate to criticise her.

You would have thought that there were more important things to worry about......a leaderless rUK for instance, or the (possible) looming recession, or the pound collapsing, or HSBC moving jobs to France, or US companies re-considering investing in the UK, or a thousand other things.

Everything she has said since Thursday has been correct and relevant. The UK is now a different place from the country it was on Wednesday, and Scotland has already voted for a different direction.

It would be absolutely irresponsible of her not to consider the option of a 2nd independence referendum.

Now, I realise that people like you will be desperate to drown her out with the type of hate-filled bile that you can already see in newspaper forums this morning. 

However, this time I think it'll take more than that. You'll have to up your game.

15 minutes ago, Scunnered said:

I said that though - she did mention uncertainty re: Indyref2.  But was unable to admit there was also uncertainty with the pending Brexit, should it happen. How can you be uncertain on one hand because we are in unchartered water, but certain on the other hand, when we are .......... in unchartered water.