glastonbury - Page 2 - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

On 26 June 2016 at 5:53 PM, Boynze said:

that kids at a festival, it should all be drugs, bevvy and shaggin and sweary words. Keep the circus for families.

Just back from my first Glasto - no shortage of drugs bevvy shaggin or sweary words (most of the latter dropped by Adele). My highlights are far too many to mention but included James, Christine, Half Moon Run, Foals, Paul Carrack, Catfish, Coldplay, and a brilliant unpublicised Travis set in Croissant Neuf

TV and headliners are important but the festival is still about SOOOO much more than that. If you haven't been, go. I'll be back next year, despite (maybe even because of) the mud 

Just back from our 1st Glasto...  apart from 18 hours to get in , in our Campervan, we had a blast, Up to our Knees in Festival Mud, Kids Loved it.

My Highlight was Paul Heaton and Jackie Abbott, ELO,( My school Favs) and Squeeze...  A very drunk Frightened Rabbit were excellent, they did a gig on a big stage and then forgot about the second one and went away and got pished...  

Missus wanted to see Adele, she was as Expected.. and The Coldplay gig was really good,kids and wife Loved them  

Went to see Billy Bragg on the Friday and he was on fine form , and he got a huge biggest cheer when he told the English in the Audience to follow Nicola and the Scottish Nationalists as a beacon of progressive politics...( watch Scunnered score BB off his xmas list  ;))

As Mr Eagle says, the Music is only part of it, memories include, dancing in the mud to Stevie Wonder with my Kids, the joy on their faces to all the street entertainment, the Helter Skelters in the Kids Fields, the drop slides., the Coldplay wrist bands and  just all the other shit that is going on.. 

Magnificent...

On 6/30/2016 at 4:34 PM, aaid said:

Don't say I'm not good to you.  Turns out it was the girl from Trembling Bells on vocals.

https://www.youtube.com/embed/-SLC-iHpnxI

Cheers mate ;) Only saw your post today but was talking randomly to Stuart Murdoch outside Waitrose yesterday (how west end!) who said it was her on vocals. Off to see them at a cheapo festival in Benidorm at the end of the month with Suede and Hot Chip too. Canny wait!

On 27/06/2016 at 10:15 AM, G-Man said:

Had a wee cry at that. The boys just looked so young and I thought what their loved ones must have been feeling watching it and seeing what could  have been. 

As much as i dont like coldplay, that was a pretty nice touch :) one of those festival moments that will live on!

On 30/06/2016 at 9:22 PM, stocky said:

Just back from our 1st Glasto...  apart from 18 hours to get in , in our Campervan, we had a blast, Up to our Knees in Festival Mud, Kids Loved it.

My Highlight was Paul Heaton and Jackie Abbott, ELO,( My school Favs) and Squeeze...  A very drunk Frightened Rabbit were excellent, they did a gig on a big stage and then forgot about the second one and went away and got pished...  

Missus wanted to see Adele, she was as Expected.. and The Coldplay gig was really good,kids and wife Loved them  

Went to see Billy Bragg on the Friday and he was on fine form , and he got a huge biggest cheer when he told the English in the Audience to follow Nicola and the Scottish Nationalists as a beacon of progressive politics...( watch Scunnered score BB off his xmas list  ;))

As Mr Eagle says, the Music is only part of it, memories include, dancing in the mud to Stevie Wonder with my Kids, the joy on their faces to all the street entertainment, the Helter Skelters in the Kids Fields, the drop slides., the Coldplay wrist bands and  just all the other shit that is going on.. 

Magnificent...

Apart from Adele and Coldplay (minus my comment above) and the 18 hours in (which is horrific) sounds like you had a great time and experienced a festival as it should be as a family :)