The Tamb Independence Referendum Results Thread - Page 21 - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

The Tamb Independence Referendum Results Thread

• Replies 502
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just now, thplinth said:

Me neither.

I couldn't at the time, I got carried away with it all but as my Dad says the fact of the matter is that we are a country of shitebags and always have been. We have been shamed into believing that we are inherently inferior and a lot of people still believe it. A lot of Scots will only vote yes if it means an extra £10 in their pocket and for another huge chunk of the population they just believe we are incapable of running things on our own. We need to change the whole culture and way of thinking in this country. The 2014 referendum went some way in changing things but we still have a long way to go. It's such a shame we have wasted the last seven years and not capitalised and built on that momentum.

On 9/4/2021 at 12:44 PM, King Of Paisley said:

Talking of the National Anthem, I couldn’t bring myself to sing it at the Georgia game a few weeks later. How could I sing ‘rise now and be a nation again’ when the country shat the bed a few weeks before

On 9/4/2021 at 12:50 PM, aaid said:

I recall a lot of similar talk at that time. 

On 9/4/2021 at 5:03 PM, Hertsscot said:

I know what you mean by the anthem, felt very hollow.

Haven't sang it since

Thought it might be difficult not to at the 3 Euro matches

It really wasn't at all....