Strachan..out...poll - Page 10 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Strachan..out...poll

scotsgary2

11 hours ago, stitch said:

I think people are being far to harsh on GS.

we all new we were in a very though group and at one stage we were saying any team from 5 could finish in the 3 places.

we then get some great results and when it came to the ROI away game i know the draw was more than enough at that time.

We then got it wrong for the Georgia game and yes it was only this game.

we now see the 3 teams in our group in the last 16 and we still slag off GS.

try putting things in context. we don't have the best of players to choose from just look at where are so called top players are.

we don't have 1 player that is a stand out in any position.

GS did a great job with what he had yes we could all say he should of done this or that but before the Georgia game we didn't care what he did.

give him the world cup and see what he can do. we do not have anyone else who will take the job and do any better.

You're really saying finishing above Georgia and Gibraltar is doing a great job? You say no one will do any better, I'd argue no one would do any worse!

• Replies 242
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

15 hours ago, scottishedgar said:

You're really saying finishing above Georgia and Gibraltar is doing a great job? You say no one will do any better, I'd argue no one would do any worse!

it has been 18 years and no other Manager has got us to the Finals. PLEASE TELL ME WHO YOU THINK WILL DO A BETTER JOB

if you look at where the team were and how they were playing before GS took over then yes he did do a great job.

a lot of people were saying get Brown and Morrison out and play Fletcher and Macarthur. GS tried this in 2 friendlies and they were crap (not a bad time to try this). He also gave others a run out.

NI are only still in the Euros because it is 24 teams. If anybody thinks they would of qualified from our group you don't know anything about football. yes we would of qualified from there group and yes we would of got out of the group stages.

To many are having a go at GS because we are not in France and because of the last 2 friendlies.

i still don't think we will make it to Russia but we will give it a good go under GS and if anyone can get us there it will be him.

1 hour ago, stitch said:

it has been 18 years and no other Manager has got us to the Finals. PLEASE TELL ME WHO YOU THINK WILL DO A BETTER JOB

if you look at where the team were and how they were playing before GS took over then yes he did do a great job.

a lot of people were saying get Brown and Morrison out and play Fletcher and Macarthur. GS tried this in 2 friendlies and they were crap (not a bad time to try this). He also gave others a run out.

NI are only still in the Euros because it is 24 teams. If anybody thinks they would of qualified from our group you don't know anything about football. yes we would of qualified from there group and yes we would of got out of the group stages.

To many are having a go at GS because we are not in France and because of the last 2 friendlies.

i still don't think we will make it to Russia but we will give it a good go under GS and if anyone can get us there it will be him.

Alex McLeish.

Guest allyc

Sfa must accept to achieve they must splash the cash and get a name with international pedigree.not another middle of the road turd like levein,burley or Strachan.

On 24 June 2016 at 4:13 PM, allyc said:

Sfa must accept to achieve they must splash the cash and get a name with international pedigree.not another middle of the road turd like levein,burley or Strachan.

Good luck with that , that shower are probably in France enjoying all the hospitality UEFA can throw at them .Doubt if they GAF 

On 24 June 2016 at 4:13 PM, allyc said:

They don't have the cash to splash I'm afraid. 

On 5 June 2016 at 8:56 PM, Stockholm 1980 said:

I'd give him the World Cup campaign, we must have 7 points minimum after England or might even change then. Personally I don't rate his assistants. I think Strachan has the players respect, but I'm not sure they have the same feelings for McGhee and McCall

We must get 9 points in our first three games. Settling for points here and there is nothing more than a losers mentality, hence why we are losers

1 hour ago, DoonTheSlope said:

We must get 9 points in our first three games. Settling for points here and there is nothing more than a losers mentality, hence why we are losers

That's it pure and simple. Anything less and we're oot the windae.

If Strachan fails to achieve this objective then we must invite coaches from abroad to tender their applications. Avoid all Scottish managers like the plague.

Think that's being dramatic. 9 points would be fantastic. Realistically, 7 is fine. If we have 8 points after 4 games I'll be happy enough.

The important bit it to take maximum points off Slovenia, Lithuania and Malta. Ensure that we're in a 3 team 'league' with England and Slovakia, and give ourselves the opportunity to battle it out to be in the top 2 of that 3 team league. Draws away from home are good results in that context, and we can look to capitalise when we have home advantage.

Sure, it'd be great to win every game and we shouldn't go out playing for a draw at any point, but let's not get hysterical.

I would keep Strachan. I think you've got a decent chance of qualifying for the World Cup (obviously I'm hoping that England will win the group), and an even better chance of qualifying for the next Euros.

The margins between success and failure can be so slender. I remember the night where Poland equalised late to get a draw in Scotland, and the Republic of Ireland unexpectedly beat Germany - if that night had gone a slightly different way, it could have been Scotland in the play-offs and potentially at Euro 2016. Sometimes you just need a bit of luck to tip things in your favour.

On 28/06/2016 at 2:29 PM, andyD said:

Think that's being dramatic. 9 points would be fantastic. Realistically, 7 is fine. If we have 8 points after 4 games I'll be happy enough.

The important bit it to take maximum points off Slovenia, Lithuania and Malta. Ensure that we're in a 3 team 'league' with England and Slovakia, and give ourselves the opportunity to battle it out to be in the top 2 of that 3 team league. Draws away from home are good results in that context, and we can look to capitalise when we have home advantage.

Sure, it'd be great to win every game and we shouldn't go out playing for a draw at any point, but let's not get hysterical.

Good post.

If we are going to finish in the top 2 have to win as many of our home games as we can - that was the Craig Brown formula for qualification.  If we can pick up points on the road against Slovenia and Slovakia as well then those are decent results.  Maximum points from Malta and Lithuania are a must if we are serious about qualifying though.

On 25 June 2016 at 11:31 PM, ErsatzThistle said:

That's it pure and simple. Anything less and we're oot the windae.

If Strachan fails to achieve this objective then we must invite coaches from abroad to tender their applications. Avoid all Scottish managers like the plague.

Totally agree. Seen countless threads on here trying to surmise what will be good results prior to a new campaign starting. If we go to places like Slovenia, Slovakia and England saying a draw will be a good result then we're most likely doomed. No doubt Mcgee will be wheeled out to state this just like all the others before him. Basically if we set up to "take a point" away (and at home)we'll probably come away with 1 or 2 goal defeat. It's happend to many times over the past 20 years or so. That mentality simply doesn't work.

On 24/06/2016 at 1:34 PM, stitch said:

Im sorry, but thats just delusional.

14 minutes ago, JECK said:

Totally agree. Seen countless threads on here trying to surmise what will be good results prior to a new campaign starting. If we go to places like Slovenia, Slovakia and England saying a draw will be a good result then we're most likely doomed. No doubt Mcgee will be wheeled out to state this just like all the others before him. Basically if we set up to "take a point" away (and at home)we'll probably come away with 1 or 2 goal defeat. It's happend to many times over the past 20 years or so. That mentality simply doesn't work.

But can Strachan do this as manager...

Motivation is it there...

OR is it the same old.....give it a couple of games and see..usual crap