The players can't be bothered... - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

The players can't be bothered...

Dillinger

So why should we?

Scotland are missing Hull quartet Robert Snodgrass, Shaun Maloney, Andrew Robertson and Allan McGregor and Sheffield Wednesday's Barry Bannan, who are involved in Saturday's English Championship play-off final.

Craig Gordon, Kieran Tierney, James Forrest, Leigh Griffiths and captain Scott Brown have been given time off, with Celtic in Champions League qualifying action in mid-July. 

Goalkeeper Scott Bain, full-backs Alan Hutton and Lee Wallace and striker Chris Martin have withdrawn because of injury

Not sure I can even bring myself to watch this tonight. A completely meaningless friendly for which our players can't even be arsed to show up for, while the rest of the U.K. and Europe gets ready for the Euros. 

That line about Celtic is ridiculous. They're playing in mid-July so they're being rested - it's the end of May FFS!!

So depressing. 

Edited by Dillinger

I have been incorrectly telling everyone this week (who also didn't know we were even playing) that we are playing France tonight.

Strachan has made a few blunders in recent times with his media comments re selection/non-selection of players so he has gone down a few notches in my estimation. Not picking players like Wallace and Rhodes because he "knows what they can do" whilst picking Hutton, Fletcher et al being a particular bugbear. 

Anyway, looking forward to watching it whilst planning our trip to Malta for the 'proper' game in a few months time.

Edited by thewolf_1980

Dont see how you can say the players cant be bothered. It was Strachan that chose the leave out the Celtic and Aberdeen players out, by all accounts they were all happy to be included.

3 call offs, 2 of which are regularly slagged off on this board for being done and not good enough and another who position has more than enough cover is good at this time of year.

I agree with the general tone on this but tbf WGS has a very good record in friendlies while before he arrived we couldn't win one. 

Despite all the withdrawals, he could yet start with this team: Marshall; Patterson Hanley Martin Mulgrew; Fletcher McArthur Phillips Ritchie Anya; Fletcher           .....and how motivated are Italy? They're missing a lot of players too and may just take a breather or be a bit complacent for this game too. (Look how knackered the Madrid teams were last night). 

So how's that for an optimistic approach? (just need somewhere to watch it now!)

C'mon Scotland! 

6 hours ago, aaid said:

Bannan and Berra out of the squad apparently Berra is going to his mates wedding.  Poor show if true. 

OK, so remind who is actually in the squad for the France game? Disappointed Bannan won't feature after the good season he's had. Berra being out means our options are more limited in defence, I think Paterson will have to be RB as moving Martin there will mean Mulgrew CB with Hanley, Robertson LB.

Knowing the weird way football works I could see us nicking an early goal n clinging on desperately for the rest of the game, be the last thing anyone would expect. OK, I'll get my coat........