Time to lift the alcohol ban in stadiums? - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Time to lift the alcohol ban in stadiums?

1 minute ago, jimstroma said:

Scottish fans have watched fans invade the pitch every day for the past week in England. Don't see the media down South making huge headlines. 

Aye, but the powers that be up the road will use this as an excuse to refuse any application for the ban to be lifted.

3 minutes ago, jimstroma said:

Scottish fans have watched fans invade the pitch every day for the past week in England. Don't see the media down South making huge headlines. 

Exactly

something tells me this wouldn't be a problem if it wasn't a certain club on the end if this defeat

18 minutes ago, vanderark14 said:

Exactly

something tells me this wouldn't be a problem if it wasn't a certain club on the end if this defeat

Personally,I don't think the invasion was the major problem. 

It was the fighting,sectarian chanting,goals being destroyed,pitch being ripped apart,apparent assault of people at their place of work (allegedly). 

41 minutes ago, dandydunn said:

It was the fighting,sectarian chanting,goals being destroyed,pitch being ripped apart,apparent assault of people at their place of work (allegedly). 

On the button mate.

This will stop any form of request despite the reasonable grounds to try it.

Last 2 high profile pitch invasions in Scotland have been after matching involving Sevco (play-off v Motherweel & cup final v Hibs).

Only solution is to get rid of Sevco :P:P

Edited by tartandon

I can see your point dandydunn

The intoxication of fans was blamed for the 1980 cup final pitch invasion. Yet here we are 36 sober years later and we still have pitch invasions.

Drink wasnt the problem. Bring back the drink.

5 minutes ago, Big Col said:

I can see your point dandydunn

The intoxication of fans was blamed for the 1980 cup final pitch invasion. Yet here we are 36 sober years later and we still have pitch invasions.

Drink wasnt the problem. Bring back the drink.

To be fair,it was a tongue in cheek thread as I was bored and the Fa cup was shit. 

1 hour ago, eddie huggins said:

alcohol is served in the stadium at every league game in scotland

Yeah, there's hospitality at every ground, and rangers have the bar 72 and I believe Celtic have an equivalent.

At Motherwell you can drink in the cooper suite until 255 and go straight back in at full time, I'm sure other clubs have a similar set up.

36 minutes ago, deecie said:

Don't worry, we all support a drink ban for your fans :ok:

I'd be more worried by the Hibs fans getting a drink. They won the game and still attacked the opposition players, ripped bits out the pitch and destroyed the goals. 

3 hours ago, RenfrewBlue said:

If you can't last through a 90 minute football match without a drink then you really do have a problem. 

I do agree with that too.

Although I rarely drink at the football anyway. Even been driving to Scotland games recently due to the ko times.

It's just a matter of having the choice like at other sports and events. Although deep down I know "we" can't be trusted.

:(

18 minutes ago, sbcmfc said:

I do agree with that too.

Although I rarely drink at the football anyway. Even been driving to Scotland games recently due to the ko times.

It's just a matter of having the choice like at other sports and events. Although deep down I know "we" can't be trusted.

:(

That's really the point. Too many people just can't have a drink without causing trouble. 

Scotland really does have a ridiculous drink culture.