Scottish Cup Final - Hibs v Rangers - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Scottish Cup Final - Hibs v Rangers

Well thankfully secured my cup final ticket this morning on the online scramble.  Life of a Hibee is always interesting.  If we revert to the 5-3-2 formation we should make a decent game of it.

Will be interesting to see what Rangers do to replace the Ball role in midfield, still think Rangers defence is shaky, with ours porous as a sponge, can see there being goals in the final.

Seems all set up for us to furk it up, I actually feel quite privileged that I have got to see Hibs in what is my 4th Scottish Cup final.  Its a complete curse on our club and when I think of my Grandad, Dad and all the Hibees in the past who never got to see us win it, that thought keeps myself sane.

If we win the bloody thing, you will see 25,000 Hibees greeting all the way through Sunshine on Leith.

Edited by giblet

What is it that you are seeing that gives any suggestion of a Hibs win in Cup Final?

all I can see is owner and CEO who don't give a flying feck win lose or draw, a tactically hopeless manager who has been out thought by part time managers and teams and a bunch of players with the collective passion, courage and spirit of the Italian Army. 

The only thing I can see us doing is finding a spectacular new way to lose, either the Hun will absolutely scud us or we'll be 3 up with 10 minutes to play and still lose. 

6 hours ago, giblet said:

Well thankfully secured my cup final ticket this morning on the online scramble.  Life of a Hibee is always interesting.  If we revert to the 5-3-2 formation we should make a decent game of it.

Will be interesting to see what Rangers do to replace the Ball role in midfield, still think Rangers defence is shaky, with ours porous as a sponge, can see there being goals in the final.

Seems all set up for us to furk it up, I actually feel quite privileged that I have got to see Hibs in what is my 4th Scottish Cup final.  Its a complete curse on our club and when I think of my Grandad, Dad and all the Hibees in the past who never got to see us win it, that thought keeps myself sane.

If we win the bloody thing, you will see 25,000 Hibees greeting all the way through Sunshine on Leith.

Touching post sir. Had you been playing anyone else I would probably be hoping for you to get your wish.

As it is I hope you are all greeting, but for entirely different reasons ;)

Edited by Angus_Young

On 14 May 2016 at 5:19 PM, Angus_Young said:

Touching post sir. Had you been playing anyone else I would probably be hoping for you to get your wish.

As it is I hope you are all greeting, but for entirely different reasons ;)

Haha. It will be an interesting day no matter what.

detecting a bit of Dunkirk spirit from the Hibees on social media. Basically GIRFUY to everyone giving us pelters (rightly) for failing to get promotion.

It quite a good Cup final for neutrals. Nobody except Rangers fans (and maybe a few mental Jambos?) want Rangers to win it, but if they do then at least the neutrals will be able to rip the pish out of the Hibees yet again.

Our defence is very shaky. Waghorn should be ready in terms of fitness and I imagine we will go with Shiels or Zelalem coming as part of our midfield. There have been some great games between both clubs this season and I don't expect this one to be any different.

I expect our line up will be the one that started the St Mirren with Shiels of Zelalem starting

Rangers

• 25Foderingham
  • 2Tavernier
  • 4Kiernan
  • 27Wilson
  • 5Wallace
  • 8Zelalem (or Sheils)
  • 16Halliday
  • 23Holt
  • 33Waghorn
  • 9Miller
  • 19McKay
Edited by EddardStark

I think we will go 5-3-2 with

Logan

Gray

McGregor

Hanlon

Fontaine

Stevenson

Henderson

Fyvie

McGinn

Stokes

Keatings

Think he will stick with Keatings after the Falkirk game with Cummings coming on mid way through the second dependant on the score.  Only other decision is Fyvie or Bartley.

McGeouch missing is a blow to us, haven't seen it officially but I guess he will be out after coming off with yet another muscle injury.

As an aside to this, Stewart Regan is a khunt.  Told all SFA staff they could have 2 tickets each for friends and family.  Said staff subsequently offered tickets out and people made arrangements to travel to the game etc and the SFA even went as far as withdrawing money from peoples bank accounts only for Regan to pull the rug at the last minute and tell the staff that due to "unprecedented demand" all tickets were being withdrawn.  We're probably talking less than 100-200 tickets here out of a total of 52,000.  Would they really have made that much difference to whatever allocation he's fecked up?  The staff are now in the embarrassing position of having to tell family/friends that the tickets they thought they had, they no longer have and as you can imagine are not happy about having to do so.

in summary, does anyone know of any spare tickets going! :mad:

7 minutes ago, Fairbairn said:

As an aside to this, Stewart Regan is a khunt.  Told all SFA staff they could have 2 tickets each for friends and family.  Said staff subsequently offered tickets out and people made arrangements to travel to the game etc and the SFA even went as far as withdrawing money from peoples bank accounts only for Regan to pull the rug at the last minute and tell the staff that due to "unprecedented demand" all tickets were being withdrawn.  We're probably talking less than 100-200 tickets here out of a total of 52,000.  Would they really have made that much difference to whatever allocation he's fecked up?  The staff are now in the embarrassing position of having to tell family/friends that the tickets they thought they had, they no longer have and as you can imagine are not happy about having to do so.

Friends with the SFA?  Knew you couldn't be trusted.......

1 hour ago, EddardStark said:

Our defence is very shaky. Waghorn should be ready in terms of fitness and I imagine we will go with Shiels or Zelalem coming as part of our midfield. There have been some great games between both clubs this season and I don't expect this one to be any different.

I expect our line up will be the one that started the St Mirren with Shiels of Zelalem starting

Rangers

• 25Foderingham
  • 2Tavernier
  • 4Kiernan
  • 27Wilson
  • 5Wallace
  • 8Zelalem (or Sheils)
  • 16Halliday
  • 23Holt
  • 33Waghorn
  • 9Miller
  • 19McKay

Agree with this. Think it's quite an obvious starting line up for us. Shiels will start after the semi final, in.what I expect to be his last game for the club. 

57 minutes ago, giblet said:

I think we will go 5-3-2 with

Logan

Gray

McGregor

Hanlon

Fontaine

Stevenson

Henderson

Fyvie

McGinn

Stokes

Keatings

Think he will stick with Keatings after the Falkirk game with Cummings coming on mid way through the second dependant on the score.  Only other decision is Fyvie or Bartley.

McGeouch missing is a blow to us, haven't seen it officially but I guess he will be out after coming off with yet another muscle injury.

I'll be happy if Cummings is benched. Don't get me wrong I quite like keatings as a player too, but Cummings defenitely has a little bit of an edge over a couple of our defenders. 

41 minutes ago, Fairbairn said:

:lol:

Probably the worst pleading for sympathy, ticket seeking post, ever posted.:lol: I'm not sure the "I've got pals at the SFA who have let me down" angle is the best approach. You would have been better making up a story like the dog ate your tickets then got sick and had to be out down. Or something like that.

1 hour ago, Fairbairn said:

Are you SFA staff then FB?

And agreed appalling behaviour - but then no less than we should expect from this crowd. I see Regan was on Twitter because British airways tookan unopened bottle of tequila off him. Used his official SFA account to moan about it. He clearly isn't used to people applying the rules properly.

1 hour ago, Orraloon said:

:lol:

Probably the worst pleading for sympathy, ticket seeking post, ever posted.:lol: I'm not sure the "I've got pals at the SFA who have let me down" angle is the best approach. You would have been better making up a story like the dog ate your tickets then got sick and had to be out down. Or something like that.

40 minutes ago, ShedTA said:

And agreed appalling behaviour - but then no less than we should expect from this crowd. I see Regan was on Twitter because British airways tookan unopened bottle of tequila off him. Used his official SFA account to moan about it. He clearly isn't used to people applying the rules properly.

I've actually got a ticket so I'm sorted.  It's the 2 boys I was going with who have been let down.  A former colleague now works for the SFA and was sorting their tickets until Regan pulled the old switcheroo!! 

On 14 May 2016 at 5:08 PM, Only One Stop said:

What is it that you are seeing that gives any suggestion of a Hibs win in Cup Final?

all I can see is owner and CEO who don't give a flying feck win lose or draw, a tactically hopeless manager who has been out thought by part time managers and teams and a bunch of players with the collective passion, courage and spirit of the Italian Army. 

The only thing I can see us doing is finding a spectacular new way to lose, either the Hun will absolutely scud us or we'll be 3 up with 10 minutes to play and still lose. 

Hibs might want to take some encouragement from the form of Rangers since the OF game and their winning the Championship, it has all had a bit of 'after the Lord Mayor's show' about it. By next weekend Rangers won't have played a game for quite a bit in footballing terms, and maybe some of them might (in their minds) already have the flip-flops on. I'm just trying to find a few positives for you; if I was putting a bet on it would probably be for a Rangers win. It's just a hunch, and you never know.

34 minutes ago, Fairbairn said:

I've actually got a ticket so I'm sorted.  It's the 2 boys I was going with who have been let down.  A former colleague now works for the SFA and was sorting their tickets until Regan pulled the old switcheroo!! 

Ah well at least you are sorted.can't beat a cup final!:ok:

1 hour ago, ShedTA said:

Does this mean a friendly in Mexico?