Scottish Cup Final - Hibs v Rangers - Page 79 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Scottish Cup Final - Hibs v Rangers

6 minutes ago, BlueGaz said:

I thought it happened over by them, in that corner hence I said I didn't see it.  If it was the corner by Blue Order, then I would have seen it happen and didn't see a bottle hit him.  Not saying it didn't happen, just that normally where I sit someone would have seen it and mentioned it. 

Could be that they didn't have anything else to whine about so got this up and running? to help with their 5 a day. Sure VDA and Shed are on the case and will keep us updated.

:lol: 

I'm not actually that bothered about it. I've made about 3 comments on here about it and that's it. 

It happened, i seen it. Eddard also seen something thrown at Maddison. We can all pretend it didn't if you want though, i don't really care that much. 

Just now, Stewart_Aberdeen said:

It definitely did happen. 

No. No. It couldn't have. Debian couldn't find loads of tweets about it.

That must be the new equivalent of "show me the youtube video" :lol: 

Guest BlueGaz
12 minutes ago, Parklife said:

:lol: 

I'm not actually that bothered about it. I've made about 3 comments on here about it and that's it. 

It happened, i seen it. Eddard also seen something thrown at Maddison. We can all pretend it didn't if you want though, i don't really care that much. 

Not pretending anything.  I saw something thrown on to the pitch when he was taking a corner, or part of taking a corner if i remember correctly.  Not disputing that at all.  You brought up that he was hit by a bottle, which is what we were discussing.  What I saw thrown onto the pitch near him looked like a rag or something like that - not exactly sure.  I also thought something happened over in front of you lot, which is what i thought you were referring too, although i was too far away to see exactly what - if anything - actually happened over there.

You do find it hard to have a normal conversation, but looking at your forums i can fully understand why.  a sorry bunch.

13 minutes ago, BlueGaz said:

Not pretending anything.  I saw something thrown on to the pitch when he was taking a corner, or part of taking a corner if i remember correctly.  Not disputing that at all.  You brought up that he was hit by a bottle, which is what we were discussing.  What I saw thrown onto the pitch near him looked like a rag or something like that - not exactly sure.  I also thought something happened over in front of you lot, which is what i thought you were referring too, although i was too far away to see exactly what - if anything - actually happened over there.

I can't recall anyone being hit by anything over in the away fans corner. Certainly not an Aberdeen player. I'd imagine there would've been a lot more outrage from our support if it'd happened right in front of us. 

13 minutes ago, BlueGaz said:

You do find it hard to have a normal conversation, but looking at your forums i can fully understand why.  a sorry bunch.

I'm happy to have a "normal conversation". However i'm having to deal with Debian sly insinuating that i'm lying and you saying "  If it was the corner by Blue Order, then I would have seen it happen".

So my apologies if i've been a little defensive since these comments were made. 

Guest BlueGaz
1 minute ago, Parklife said:

I can't recall anyone being hit by anything over in the away fans corner. Certainly not an Aberdeen player. I'd imagine there would've been a lot more outrage from our support if it'd happened right in front of us. 

I'm happy to have a "normal conversation". However i'm having to deal with Debian sly insinuating that i'm lying and you saying "  If it was the corner by Blue Order, then I would have seen it happen".

So my apologies if i've been a little defensive since these comments were made. 

No apology required.

• 3 weeks later...

Just to apologise for some I saide earlier in this thread, Turns out the attack at Haymarket after the game was actually committed by a Celtic fan, who had gone to watch hibs. as you do.

http://www.heraldscotland.com/news/14623227.Celtic_fan_jailed_for_four_months_after_gatecrashing_RANGERS_match/

End of Jan/start of Feb. for the start of the contested cases to come though, seemingly.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...
1 hour ago, DoonTheSlope said:

“Hibs won a Cup Final and that celebration at Hampden, Sunshine on Leith, well, I don’t think there’s been a better football celebration ever in the game. It was unbelievable “

- Sir Alex Ferguson

He must have forgotten the 1980 Cup Final.

23 hours ago, DoonTheSlope said:

“Hibs won a Cup Final and that celebration at Hampden, Sunshine on Leith, well, I don’t think there’s been a better football celebration ever in the game. It was unbelievable “

- Sir Alex Ferguson

Might have been the 2007 League Cup final, sounded fine as I was heading for Mount Florida.

• 3 weeks later...
On 31/03/2018 at 9:18 PM, sbcmfc said:

To be fair to Hibs, a good rendition of Sunshine on Leith really makes the hairs on the back of your neck stand up, even watching on TV.

No it doesn't. 

On 31/03/2018 at 9:18 PM, sbcmfc said:

To be fair to Hibs, a good rendition of Sunshine on Leith really makes the hairs on the back of your neck stand up, even watching on TV.

Yep it's a cracker, don't mind it on Scotland trips/games

On 31/03/2018 at 10:41 PM, ShedTA said:

It's a great football song. No fucking popes and no wading in fenian blood, or glorifying ira murder gangs. Love it.

It's good but ye canny beat a bit of sectarianism and terrorist loving to get the blood pumping....