Scottish Cup Final - Hibs v Rangers - Page 42 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Scottish Cup Final - Hibs v Rangers

9 hours ago, SteveHFC said:

I still can't believe we've done it. 

Had a feeling we would do it yesterday. Atmosphere in the bowling club pre-match was brilliant. 

When Gray scored, it was the best feeling i've ever experienced in my lifetime. Was standing/sitting to next to a middle aged women. AT ft me and her ended up cuddling each other while both crying uncontrollably. i'll never ever forget my dad's after the game yesterday. He was in complete shock. Ended up standing up on my seat watching the pitch invasion while shaking hands, high fiving and cuddling any fans around me who were also in tears and in shock. Ended up back in Dalkeith after the game and the place was bouncing. Even started a few songs today at Leith Links today (never before i have started the songs). It was great to see Sir Tom Farmer on the bus. 

Sharing that moment with all of my family and everyone around me is the best experience in my life and nothing will ever top this. 

Brilliant to read that, forget the pitch invasion, the above is what it's all about for us fans :ok:

I don't think that custodial sentences for the troublemakers is the answer.

We all know too well that our gaols and prisons are little more than Islamic recruitment factories these days.

what happened on Saturday was Scotland's 9/11 and the last thing we need is to unleash 8 or 9 thousand newly radicalised wahabbist soccer hooligans upon the good people,of this United Kingdom.

13 hours ago, macy37 said:

Who drafted the statement?

Reads like a jakey who's just logged onto hotmail, read an email that's enradged him and replied to it straight away instead of replying the next morning when sober.

Hilarious.

This is now my favourite new word ! Sets the tone perfectly !

10 hours ago, SteveHFC said:

I still can't believe we've done it.

Had a feeling we would do it yesterday. Atmosphere in the bowling club pre-match was brilliant.

When Gray scored, it was the best feeling i've ever experienced in my lifetime. Was standing/sitting to next to a middle aged women. AT ft me and her ended up cuddling each other while both crying uncontrollably. i'll never ever forget my dad's after the game yesterday. He was in complete shock. Ended up standing up on my seat watching the pitch invasion while shaking hands, high fiving and cuddling any fans around me who were also in tears and in shock. Ended up back in Dalkeith after the game and the place was bouncing. Even started a few songs today at Leith Links today (never before i have started the songs). It was great to see Sir Tom Farmer on the bus.

Sharing that moment with all of my family and everyone around me is the best experience in my life and nothing will ever top this.

Fair play, that's what its all about.

Although disappointed by the result I've now spoken to two colleagues who are Hibees and the utter joy still oozing out of the b@stards kind of puts it in perspective. Hibs were the better team on the day and deserved the cup win. I hope all their fans enjoy the triumph and get the best out of it.

Hopefully the authorities will sort out all those who were involved in the "afters" appropriately and ensure a maximum penalty in all cases, no matter the club colours. Violence at football is ridiculous and shouldn't be tolerated.

And to those at Rangers responsible for the statements,  please shut the F@ck up. You're embarrassing my club and all of its fans. We deserve better than that mentalist keech.

1 minute ago, OLAS said:

Noticed yesterday the "bears" are identifying Hibs fans on the pitch and promising retribution...    classy. 

Yep.

Some facebook page named the Hibs fan pictured going for Lee Wallace and mentioned where he's from...

2 minutes ago, Cove_Sheep said:

Yep.

Some facebook page named the Hibs fan pictured going for Lee Wallace and mentioned where he's from...

In fairness, that boy does need punished for his actions, but having a baying mob after him isn't the right way. 

Edited by OLAS

1 minute ago, OLAS said:

In fairness, that boy does need punished for his actions, but having a baying mob after him isn't the right way. 

Hopefully he doesn't "suffer from attack by screaming, hate-filled hordes"

Also i'm now certain those folk are at it, as in parody. We've now reached Poe's Law level. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Poe's_law

Edited by phart

5 hours ago, thplinth said:

Apart from the goalie getting pushed has anyone actually seen footage of any players being assaulted. A couple of still frames is not enough. It is weird we dont have any evidence yet everyone is saying it happened. 

Rangers are making some rod for their own back next season with all this rubbish. The trouble will follow them around and the excuses about it being other clubs hating them is already wearing super thin.

These statements are written by Traynor, you can practically hear the fat arsehole's seething voice in your head as you read them. What a fat fukking clown of a human being he is and RFC would do best to get rid of him as he is embarrassing the shit out of them with his childish and dangerous rantings and this is not the first time. What a tit.

There is footage of a rangers players getting sparked out in the centre circle. Not sure who it was but from what I have seen he is out cold. 

35 minutes ago, Cove_Sheep said:

Yep.

A friend of my son (a Rangers fan) shares this person's name and has had all sorts of promises of retribution coming his way.

3 minutes ago, the lunger said:

A friend of my son (a Rangers fan) shares this person's name and has had all sorts of promises of retribution coming his way.

He should go to the police then (if they haven't already got him....)

Edited by Stu101

9 minutes ago, jimstroma said:

Just seen footage on BBC website of an older Rangers fan pulling a young Hibs fan by the scruff of the neck. The laddie looks about 10 years old, luckily he got away.

What's you comments on the rest of the stuff floating around?

12 minutes ago, jimstroma said:

Just seen footage on BBC website of an older Rangers fan pulling a young Hibs fan by the scruff of the neck. The laddie looks about 10 years old, luckily he got away. 

and can you also tell us who you think is going to win the US Presidential Election.

12 minutes ago, jimstroma said:

Aw....,,,,the big bear was just probably hungry and was just acting on instinct. He doesn't know it is wrong to eat a child.

Absolutely no sympathy for any Rangers fans over this. Their club has been playing this PR game like this for some time now and most Rangers fans I've seen have sat on their hands and allowed the utter idiots in the support to revel in victimhood. No doubting that there are idiots from both sets of fans who should and will be looking at lifetime bans and criminal records over this weekends scenes, but for the club itself to come out all guns blazing with that statement is absolutely disgraceful. I wouldnt be surprised if someone from Police Scotland hasn't popped in to have a quiet word. Rangers' reputation over the last few years has been utterly toxic and they are quickly reaching new depths that all decent fans should be very concerned about. Good to see a couple speak out but the vast majority seem quite happy to lap up the siege mentality and worryingly, act on it.

My jaw is still on the floor over the Nicola Sturgeon "parish" comment. What in the name of f***?!