New kit thread 16/17 - Page 8 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

New kit thread 16/17

• Replies 211
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

23 hours ago, Fairbairn said:

If that St Mirren top didn't have the sponsor it would be a belter!  Can't believe that game was 30 years ago.  My first ever Scottish Cup final (and the only one I've been to where the team I was "supporting" won!!)

And I still haven't got over it.

40 minutes ago, GrantP said:

New Dumbarton home and away.

And yes, you might have seen that red away top on another team associated with a rock elsewhere this week....

28302573395_7a571de790.jpg

Is that Darren Barr on the left? Never realised he was with you boys. Always thought he would have gone on to bigger things, no disrespect. 

37 minutes ago, Angus_Young said:

Is that Darren Barr on the left? Never realised he was with you boys. Always thought he would have gone on to bigger things, no disrespect. 

None taken!

Only reason he's with us is injuries. He's actually out at the moment with back problems.

For players with an eye on what they are doing post playing we're a decent option in terms of location and part time status.

1 hour ago, GrantP said:

None taken!

Only reason he's with us is injuries. He's actually out at the moment with back problems.

For players with an eye on what they are doing post playing we're a decent option in terms of location and part time status.

Always rated him mate, also just noticed the other lad is Stevenson. 

How is Stevie Aitken doing for you? Boy I know played under him at Arthurlie and then Stranraer and rates him pretty highly. 

2 hours ago, Angus_Young said:

Always rated him mate, also just noticed the other lad is Stevenson. 

How is Stevie Aitken doing for you? Boy I know played under him at Arthurlie and then Stranraer and rates him pretty highly. 

Aye. Not too bad.

Its a tough gig as, realistically, the target every year to is come 8th so the type of football played isn't going to be that attacking. A few fans get on his back for it but hard to see what else he can do.

Ian Murray had one season of Keegan-esque all out attack which was great to watch but was similarly defensive after that. This year will be tough as we are the only part time side left but the squad looks okay - if a little lacking in depth at moment. 

10 hours ago, Garywag said:

Doubt it, I have absolutely no idea who she was, perhaps just a model hired for that day. 

Aw the times Ahv been falling aboot the likes of the quarter Gill or the Smiddy, never close have I frequented such a doll :lol: 

3 hours ago, Donaldo87 said:

Motherwell go for the denim look for the away shirt...

Again might I add, would be willing to swap shirts with the wee beauty in the middle.

She looks so uncannily like ma ex girl, I had to double check ! :yikes3: 

Might look less Ross County like in the flesh (although not any nicer!). More of a denim look in this photo.

Given Dundee United and thistle were our only real kit clash, God knows why we need 3 kits this season?

2016-17-macron-away-short-sleeved-jersey

2 hours ago, sbcmfc said:

Might look less Ross County like in the flesh (although not any nicer!). More of a denim look in this photo.

Given Dundee United and thistle were our only real kit clash, God knows why we need 3 kits this season?

2016-17-macron-away-short-sleeved-jersey

The difference no sponsor makes is incredible, that is a really lovely top.

On 14 July 2016 at 6:11 PM, GrantP said:

Aye. Not too bad.

Its a tough gig as, realistically, the target every year to is come 8th so the type of football played isn't going to be that attacking. A few fans get on his back for it but hard to see what else he can do.

Ian Murray had one season of Keegan-esque all out attack which was great to watch but was similarly defensive after that. This year will be tough as we are the only part time side left but the squad looks okay - if a little lacking in depth at moment. 

Ayr are part time too.

On 15 July 2016 at 1:48 PM, Mox said:

The difference no sponsor makes is incredible, that is a really lovely top.

Agree. Have to also support the love in for Macron.

The stuff that they are bringing out for the Scotland rugby team is great. Would love Hibs to move to Macron. Instead of the fake Nike template push we currently get.

J

Got the purple Real Madrid strip from Ali-express for my wee boy.

Comparing it to the pictures on the Adidas site, it looks pretty good, all the details are there. When you turn it inside out, you can perhaps see where the quality might differ, but football strips aren't renowned for their quality anyway.

I'd recommend them for young kids or adults. (Can understand older kids not wanting knock off incase they get slagged at school)

£12 against £50odds.

:ok:

38 minutes ago, sbcmfc said:

Got the purple Real Madrid strip from Ali-express for my wee boy.

Comparing it to the pictures on the Adidas site, it looks pretty good, all the details are there. When you turn it inside out, you can perhaps see where the quality might differ, but football strips aren't renowned for their quality anyway.

I'd recommend them for young kids or adults. (Can understand older kids not wanting knock off incase they get slagged at school)

£12 against £50odds.

:ok:

Aye mate picked up the Barcelona shirt and shorts for mine. Pretty hard to tell the difference in my opinion.

But aye probably wont do it when he's 12 :lol: Hell I got pelters for wearing a Motherwell top. Never mind a knock off :lol:

On a side note they seem to have clamped down on the fake strips on aliexpress. A bit harder to find. 

Waiting for the new Benfica away top to arrive. 

29 minutes ago, Donaldo87 said:

Aye mate picked up the Barcelona shirt and shorts for mine. Pretty hard to tell the difference in my opinion.

But aye probably wont do it when he's 12 :lol: Hell I got pelters for wearing a Motherwell top. Never mind a knock off :lol:

On a side note they seem to have clamped down on the fake strips on aliexpress. A bit harder to find. 

Waiting for the new Benfica away top to arrive. 

I still get pelters for wearing a Motherwell strip at 7s and I'm nearly old enough to play for us!

I think it's the full kit more to be fair. :lol: