Transfers, Rumours and Delusional Pish 2016/17/18 - Page 5 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Transfers, Rumours and Delusional Pish 2016/17/18

43 minutes ago, Rossy said:

Nope.I support a club that hasn't been humiliated  through financial ignorance.

As I've said, I do not care if your club dies again because of rank arrogance and stupidity.

Your club is doing the same as it's always done. 

No, no it isn't. What it did in the past was spend more than it could afford. 

If you'd bothered to read the posts above you'd see we can afford these players based on the deadwood being let go at the end of their contracts.

We also now have a reasonable number of sellable assets which, if needed could be used for cash. This hasn't been the case for a good few years. 

For someone who's not bothered you're fair busy posting about it.

46 minutes ago, Rossy said:

The lack of a transfer fee ? (sorry to pick on just one aspect of your post).

200K is more than any other non-SPFL club can afford to pay on player. One of your fellow fans described him as a 'million pound player'.....which he obviously is n't. He's a 200K player. Good to see the quantum leap in valuation as a way to justify huge wages. 

You've also...I presume unwittingly....given the definition of 'speculate to accumulate'in your post. 

'Hoping to see us challenge for group stage spots in Europe in 2-3 years'.

Non-Rangers fans have said that your club will spend big this summer. Many Rangers fans denied that would happen. Call it what you want.....sensible accumulation, reckless, spending to accumulate, predictable, etc etc.

It has a sense of deja vu. Take of that what you want.

Sorry I meant Barton if the deal goes through. I can't speak for this other fan but I'm assuming they are talking hypothetically had he been under contract.  The lad is highly rated, but is unproven, so the wages are a risk as I've said already. Should he hit the ground running up here and the way things are down South, you would expect him to be worth more than £200k to someone very quickly. If He's pish  then it's money wasted. 

Haha I know what it means. I was questioning your statement that Rangers fans had been saying we wouldn't do this. I've not seen any Rangers fan saying that is my point. 

As for the last point, perhaps fans you know have said that. But then you also claim that our fans would want us to spend big to compete with Celtic,  in fact 'demand it' is how you put it. Ill ask again, which is it? It really can't be both. 

Anyway I haven't and I'm surprised that anyone would claim that, given Kings bold statements last year. The truth is both of these signings are a huge shock to Rangers fans more so Barton for several reasons. The lads I know, 100% want us to be a lot more cautious in our dealings but appreciate some (calculated) risks will be taken at points. I think because of how this year has went, and the offfield mess slowly being turned around, a certain amount of trust has been put in the manager, and indeed the board. Time will tell if we are right in that respect.  I know you want to believe differently on that, that every last one of us are arrogant pricks who think we will just romp to the title next year with no thought for the future of the club or our financial responsibilities but that's simply not true imo. 

1 hour ago, ShedTA said:

This is correct but is itnota gamble with a player with a serious history of injuries? 

He played 37 games last year so I suppose you can only go on how he is now. 

John Hartson failed a medical at Rangers for the same reason. Played once or twice for the Tims afterwards I think. 

Simplistic I know but you get my point. 

2 hours ago, RenfrewBlue said:

No, no it isn't. What it did in the past was spend more than it could afford. 

We also now have a reasonable number of sellable assets which, if needed could be used for cash. This hasn't been the case for a good few years. 

Seeing as your club like to remind us all that they are the same club as old, I can only assume profit made on these sellable assets will be used to re-imburse any ordinary Joe who was screwed out of money from the club before? 

4 hours ago, Ormond said:

Seeing as your club like to remind us all that they are the same club as old, I can only assume profit made on these sellable assets will be used to re-imburse any ordinary Joe who was screwed out of money from the club before? 

I would highly doubt that.

4 hours ago, Ormond said:

That would be an ecumenical matter.

8 hours ago, Angus_Young said:

7 hours ago, Stu101 said:

Where did this 10K a week for Rossiter come from?!

:lol: 

led to believe its significantly less- from someone with no interest in football.

Come from the tabloids, by any chance? 

BBC saying the Mail so yes very probably pish. 

Wtf is wrong with the quoting still? You can't get rid of old quotes as above - still quoting Angus. :huh:

35 minutes ago, ShedTA said:

BBC saying the Mail so yes very probably pish. 

Wtf is wrong with the quoting still? You can't get rid of old quotes as above - still quoting Angus. :huh:

Aye, its a nightmare, mate.

Looked like I was going mental the other day.  I was,  but not in such a scattergun approach :lol: 

I don't actually see what Rangers are doing wrong here. 

I sincerely doubt the press quotes on wages as being anywhere near accurate. 

The way I see it, is that they are trying to improve the squad and the fee(s) paid are reasonable enough. Wages are a separate issue but non-factual quotes.

Irrespective of people's personal opinions on the club and fans, I sense a tint of jealousy. 

I hope that United can do the same this time next season but doubt it as we don't have the financial clout from season ticket sales etc.

15 minutes ago, jock strap said:

I don't actually see what Rangers are doing wrong here. 

I sincerely doubt the press quotes on wages as being anywhere near accurate. 

The way I see it, is that they are trying to improve the squad and the fee(s) paid are reasonable enough. Wages are a separate issue but non-factual quotes.

Irrespective of people's personal opinions on the club and fans, I sense a tint of jealousy. 

I hope that United can do the same this time next season but doubt it as we don't have the financial clout from season ticket sales etc.

Nobody said they're doing anything wrong. 

What they're doing is entirely predictable. Which is the point made by a few of us back at the beginning of this thread....a point which was then denied by several Rangers fans. 

Rangers will, and have to, resort to type. Does anyone expect them to live sensibly within their means, to not repeat the mistakes of the past ? Of course not.

5 minutes ago, Rossy said:

What they're doing is entirely predictable. Which is the point made by a few of us back at the beginning of this thread....a point which was then denied by several Rangers fans. 

Rangers will, and have to, resort to type. Does anyone expect them to live sensibly within their means, to not repeat the mistakes of the past ? Of course not.

Fair enough mate.

Congrats on a decent season, will miss the banter :ok: 

You not linked with anyone decent yet ? You'll need to buy like you should have done in January to push again.

56 minutes ago, Rossy said:

You keep peddling the same pishy line about "not living within their means" but have absolutely nothing factual to back this assertion up.

That's why you look like a jealous fool.

Several posters have pointed out that the total fee for 2 players will be 200k ish and the wages figures are pure hearsay.

They've also pointed out the money Rangers will be saving when the deadwood leaves and our extra income. 

You just don't seem to be able to do simple facts.

1 hour ago, GRBear said:

Dorrans is also a target for Rangers and Cummings rumour has popped up again. 

Danny Ings on loan is another that has surfaced. Would normally rubbish it but it's came from the same guy that broke the Barton news at the start of the week. 

1 hour ago, RenfrewBlue said:

You keep peddling the same pishy line about "not living within their means" but have absolutely nothing factual to back this assertion up.

That's why you look like a jealous fool.

Several posters have pointed out that the total fee for 2 players will be 200k ish and the wages figures are pure hearsay.

They've also pointed out the money Rangers will be saving when the deadwood leaves and our extra income. 

You just don't seem to be able to do simple facts.

Nae need for the childish abuse. Try and keep it a bit grown up, eh ?

Edited by Rossy

2 hours ago, GRBear said:

Dorrans is also a target for Rangers and Cummings rumour has popped up again. 

Dorrans is one year into a contract with Norwich after signing for £3m. No idea what his wages are but would suspect they are £20k a week at the very least. Should Norwich make him available for transfer they're likely to want to recoup as much of the £3m as possible. Could Rangers afford that and his wages?

Dorrans best season in England was with WBA in the Championship in 2009/10 when he got 18 goals so you'd think he's the sort of player Alex Neil would want to hold on to.

44 minutes ago, Rossy said:

Nae need for the childish abuse. Try and keep it a bit grown up, eh ?

Childish abuse? 

I've said you're talking pish. It's hardly abuse as far as this forum goes.

40 minutes ago, Jaggy Jim said:

Dorrans is one year into a contract with Norwich after signing for £3m. No idea what his wages are but would suspect they are £20k a week at the very least. Should Norwich make him available for transfer they're likely to want to recoup as much of the £3m as possible. Could Rangers afford that and his wages?

Dorrans best season in England was with WBA in the Championship in 2009/10 when he got 18 goals so you'd think he's the sort of player Alex Neil would want to hold on to.

I think the simple answer is we couldn't afford that sort of fee.

Perhaps we're trying to get him on loan? 

19 hours ago, Rossy said:

The lack of a transfer fee ? (sorry to pick on just one aspect of your post).

200K is more than any other non-SPFL club can afford to pay on player. One of your fellow fans described him as a 'million pound player'.....which he obviously is n't. He's a 200K player. Good to see the quantum leap in valuation as a way to justify huge wages. 

You've also...I presume unwittingly....given the definition of 'speculate to accumulate'in your post. 

'Hoping to see us challenge for group stage spots in Europe in 2-3 years'.

Non-Rangers fans have said that your club will spend big this summer. Many Rangers fans denied that would happen. Call it what you want.....sensible accumulation, reckless, spending to accumulate, predictable, etc etc.

It has a sense of deja vu. Take of that what you want.

He is out of contract and because he's moving to Scotland Liverpool don't get full compensation for his development. If he went to an English club the compensation fee would run into several millions, and that's what his alleged wage would be based on.

2 hours ago, EddardStark said:

We do need a player like Barton but I'm concerned about the funding. Still think he will resign for Burnley or maybe go to Villa.

Agreed. Fully expect this to be used to negotiate a longer term deal down south.