Transfers, Rumours and Delusional Pish 2016/17/18 - Page 159 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Transfers, Rumours and Delusional Pish 2016/17/18

Few sources suggesting that Moult has signed a pre-contract deal with Preston.  Is this for a January move and will Motherwell get anything out of this?  I suppose the one consolation for Motherwell, if these reports are true, is that he isn't staying in Scotland?

9 minutes ago, SMcoolJ said:

Few sources suggesting that Moult has signed a pre-contract deal with Preston.  Is this for a January move and will Motherwell get anything out of this?  I suppose the one consolation for Motherwell, if these reports are true, is that he isn't staying in Scotland?

He’s not actually that good. He’s certainly not a player I’d wish to see turn out for us. He’ll do nothing with Preston.

3 minutes ago, macy37 said:

He’s not actually that good. He’s certainly not a player I’d wish to see turn out for us. He’ll do nothing with Preston.

Not sure I agree Macy.  Suspect you're right in that he's not as good as Griffiths or Dembele but having had to put up with Rooney and Maynard for the last 6 months, I'd bite your hand off for Moult at Aberdeen.

54 minutes ago, macy37 said:

I have to disagree with Macy, although if you’re basing it on what you’ve seen of him v Celtic, it’s maybe not a fair representation. He tends to get a bit isolated as a lone striker or got pushed out wide under McGhee.

1 hour ago, SMcoolJ said:

I had read he’d a deal done with QPR. Obviously he can’t officually do anything until January 1st, but I’d suspect championship clubs would be wanting a goalscorer now rather than in 6 months time. That’s 2 managers away in the championship. :lol:

Tricky one for Motherwell, do we cash in on him in january, or is he worth more to us for the rest of the season?

Apparently we’ve failed to score in the last 5 games he hasn’t played.

We won’t get much for him with 6 months on his contract, but off the back of the Marvin Johnson transfer, the sell on could be just as lucrative, which we wouldn’t get if we let his contract run down...

Sad to see Louis Moult go, but was inevitable and not a bad bit of business, provided it doesn’t send us in a death spiral to the championship (which our form without him points too...)

Got a cup final and a few points on the board we wouldn’t have had if he’d left in August.

13 hours ago, Hertsscot said:

Naismith suggesting his time at Norwich maybe coming to an end and would like to move back to Scotland.  Limited amount of potential buyers though.

Is he persona non grata down Govan way? 

30 minutes ago, Parklife said:

Back in 2012, ra peepul declared Naismith and co to be "traitors to The Crown, the British Empire, Ulster and oor Protestant faith" and that they were also "taigs, declans, priest lovers, Sinn Fein sympathisers and paid agents of Rome."

That seemed to be the gist of it on followfollow and rangersmedia anyway.

They all seemed to be a trifle angry, confused and extremely bigoted.

Edited by SpiderAlba

1 hour ago, Parklife said:

There's a "Would you welcome him back" poll on FF that is currently around 67/33 in favour of him returning.  He was very heavily linked with a return in the summer but it never came to fruition.  There will be a vocal minority who wouldn't want him back but I'd imagine they'd soon pipe down (as with the "stick yer Kenny Miller" crowd).

Personally, while I was really disappointed with the way he handled his departure, with the benefit of hindsight I can appreciate all the players back then were in a completely unknown and very difficult situation.  I think Naismith has came out and said as much and he would do if differently if he had the time again.  I'd have him back as he;d definitely improve our squad (better than Pena?  Aye!!).