Transfers, Rumours and Delusional Pish 2016/17/18 - Page 206 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Transfers, Rumours and Delusional Pish 2016/17/18

1 hour ago, giblet said:

Seeing a lot of Celtic fans on twitter baulking at the thought of paying in excess of £3 million for Sir John McGinn yet pointing out the prices of Cairney and Maddison in comparison to the paltry £7 million they are getting for Armstrong.

despite at this point McGinn would probably be ahead of Armstrong and Cairney for a Scotland place.

Armstrong is a better player than McGinn.

On 6/23/2018 at 7:17 AM, PASTA Mick said:

Agree. Clearly doesn't want to be there and probably our 5th choice CM after Brown, McGregor, Rogic and Ntcham. 

Only annoying thing is Cairney is rated at £20m and he's a similar level player. We need to make sure the sell on % is good again. 

Cairney is playing at a better level every week bar celtics couple of games in the champions league each year. Better opposition week in week out and also the market is a lot different as you will know. If I was getting offered 7 mil for Armstrong I'd take it and run.

1 hour ago, Kirk said:

Cairney is playing at a better level every week bar celtics couple of games in the champions league each year. Better opposition week in week out and also the market is a lot different as you will know. If I was getting offered 7 mil for Armstrong I'd take it and run.

I still go to half a dozen Brentford games each season, there are some poor teams in the Championship. It's is a more physical league with bigger players but the quality is often pretty low, no better than Aberdeen, Rangers, Hearts, Hibs or Steve Clarke's Kilmarnock. Cairney has looked good for Fulham but (as with his team mate McDonald) looked decidedly average and pedestrian against Costa Rica. It will be interesting to see how Cairney and Armstrong fair in the coming season.

6 hours ago, Pool Q said:

I still go to half a dozen Brentford games each season, there are some poor teams in the Championship. It's is a more physical league with bigger players but the quality is often pretty low, no better than Aberdeen, Rangers, Hearts, Hibs or Steve Clarke's Kilmarnock. Cairney has looked good for Fulham but (as with his team mate McDonald) looked decidedly average and pedestrian against Costa Rica. It will be interesting to see how Cairney and Armstrong fair in the coming season.

See Id probably agree but don't think those teams from Scotland bar Celtic would fair very well at all. Cairney has played well for a good team and turned up in their big games. The Scotland friendly a are hard to gauge really as it's just a soft kick about mostly. It will be interesting and hopefully enjoyable watching for both next season

Scottish football logic.

Gazza assaults wife - scumbag
Flanagan assaults gf - scumbag
Jinky assaults wife - ya wee scallywag
Phil McGuire assaults wife - not even a mention from the sheep

Scumbags the lot of them

• TAMB2 changed the title to Transfers, Rumours and Delusional Pish 2016/17/18
On 6/24/2018 at 9:30 PM, Dairbee said:

Quite a bit of talk down here about Derby chasing John McGinn for £3m. 

Normally id think it was agent talk and he's hawking him around England. 

Would Lampard entice him to the championship? 

Lampard is no fool but it wouldn’t surprise me if he has never seen or heard of McGinn to any real extent.  

26 minutes ago, Ormond said:

Calum Davidson left Saints as assistant to be assistant boss at Stoke. Alex Cleland moves up to be assistant at Saints.

Seen a photo of Cleland today in the papers, not seen him in years . I liked him at United but fuck me he hasn't aged well. Used to be a baby faced wee guy 

6 hours ago, Jim Beem said:

Seen a photo of Cleland today in the papers, not seen him in years . I liked him at United but fuck me he hasn't aged well. Used to be a baby faced wee guy 

I'll always remember Cleland for getting done like a turnip by Del Piero in a CL game. 

Then before DP could escape he halfed him and took the booking. 

Think it was a 4-0 pumping in Turin. 

25 minutes ago, RenfrewBlue said:

I'll always remember Cleland for getting done like a turnip by Del Piero in a CL game. 

Then before DP could escape he halfed him and took the booking. 

Think it was a 4-0 pumping in Turin. 

The papers the next day had a section on “How to do the Del Piero” complete with drawn steps. 

9 hours ago, Ormond said:

The papers the next day had a section on “How to do the Del Piero” complete with drawn steps. 

It was a beautiful wee pirouette but Cleland obviously wasn't an admirer. 😀 

Guest faircity
2 hours ago, DoonTheSlope said:

Adam Bogdán has signed for Hibs on a one years loan Liverpool 

He's rotten. 

First bid from Celtic for McGinn turned down according to Sky. Rumour it’s £2 million.

Hope we get some bidding from down South. Can’t argue as to what Celtic are trying to do, some rival bids should get us hopefully double that.