Transfers, Rumours and Delusional Pish 2016/17/18 - Page 199 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Transfers, Rumours and Delusional Pish 2016/17/18

59 minutes ago, Dalgety Bay TA said:

No they won't. Sunderland are now debt free. They were bought over and previous owner, Ellis Short, wrote off a 9 (NINE) figure debt as part of the sale agreement. Note that 9 figures doesn't include decimal places!

They are actually on the best footing they have been for years. They are in a league they should win, they are selling decent season ticket numbers now that Short is gone, they can spend more money than anyone else in League One, its an open goal for Ross to get them up into the Championship IMO.

Wonder where we’ve heard that before?

Anyway, I read differently in terms of the debt, restructuring and finance available.  It wasn’t as positive a picture as you paint. Not suggesting what I read is the correct version but you’ve got to wonder why they are going for a relatively untested, off the radar manager with a presumably low compensation payout if they’ve got all this money?

Maybe this will be he best decision Jack ever makes. Time will tell. I wish him well  

46 minutes ago, Scotty CTA said:

How about, 'Sevco come on all Billy Big Baws and fall flat on their face?'

John James... https://johnjamessite.com

It’s a Knockout at Ibrox

I note with interest that the Record have an interview with Skrtel’s agent where he asserts that Rangers Lite only offered 25% to 20% of his player’s current £60,000 per week and that they could not find the 5/6 million Euros to buy him. How embarrassing. What’s more embarrassing is Traynor using pubescent sock puppet Jack to state that Skrtel was never a target. Jack is now exposed as a lying pr*ck and Traynor lickspittle.

Gerrard, Robertson and no doubt Allen have been doing their utmost to land Skrtel. All those claiming that Bottle would not have joined if a budget was not in place now have eggs on their faces. What part of not finding five million Euros and offering a fraction of his current salary suggests a transfer budget?

However this information also casts doubts on reports suggesting Arfield is on £38,000 per week as Lite have now been exposed as being as poor as a church mouse on a bare week.

The Gerrard revolution is like watching an old repeat of It’s A Knockout in which Lite have played their Joker and ended up with null points.

John James!! :lol::lol::lol:

29 minutes ago, Scotty CTA said:

(You're still skint.)

No shit Sherlock. 

So by not spunking money we're trying to live within our means which is what people have been banging on about for 6 years, no?

And JJ's comment "What part of not finding 5 million Euros.....suggests a transfer budget" suggests to me he doesn't understand what the word budget means.

2 hours ago, Scotty CTA said:

It’s a Knockout at Ibrox

I note with interest that the Record have an interview with Skrtel’s agent where he asserts that Rangers Lite only offered 25% to 20% of his player’s current £60,000 per week and that they could not find the 5/6 million Euros to buy him. How embarrassing. What’s more embarrassing is Traynor using pubescent sock puppet Jack to state that Skrtel was never a target. Jack is now exposed as a lying pr*ck and Traynor lickspittle.

Gerrard, Robertson and no doubt Allen have been doing their utmost to land Skrtel. All those claiming that Bottle would not have joined if a budget was not in place now have eggs on their faces. What part of not finding five million Euros and offering a fraction of his current salary suggests a transfer budget?

However this information also casts doubts on reports suggesting Arfield is on £38,000 per week as Lite have now been exposed as being as poor as a church mouse on a bare week.

The Gerrard revolution is like watching an old repeat of It’s A Knockout in which Lite have played their Joker and ended up with null points.

Anybody who quotes this f*cking idiot should be sectioned.

2 hours ago, Fairbairn said:

No shit Sherlock. 

So by not spunking money we're trying to live within our means which is what people have been banging on about for 6 years, no?

And JJ's comment "What part of not finding 5 million Euros.....suggests a transfer budget" suggests to me he doesn't understand what the word budget means.

You're going after 'names' you can't get in order to create a 'buzz' to sell seasons books to keep the lights on.

33 minutes ago, Larky Masher said:

I think you'll find I quoted ScottyCTA...

..who quoted that f*cking idiot.

58 minutes ago, Scotty CTA said:

You're going after 'names' you can't get in order to create a 'buzz' to sell seasons books to keep the lights on.

Well our timing is pretty pish as Skrtel wasn't mentioned until after the season ticket renewal deadline...

Edited by theweestevie

1 hour ago, Scotty CTA said:

I doubt very, very much that anyone will have renewed their season ticket based on the possibility that we MIGHT shave signed Martin Skrtel. 

5 hours ago, Scotty CTA said:

It’s a Knockout at Ibrox

Fingers crossed you opted in to continue receiving his newsletter as part of GDPR

1 hour ago, Scotty CTA said:

Imagine a business run by a businessman trying to create a buzz to sell tickets. Beggars belief that. Season tickets at an all time high. Good business. And on a solid footing. Run as a proper business now and a lot on here canny take it. Kust read reports that the old firm game was highest viewed of last season in uk of all games.  Now with Gerard and some other office box names Scottish football will be high on the must watch list for bt and sky. U know this to be the case but in a bit of denial and i dont blame u. Rangers are back wih a bang.

14 minutes ago, Rolling hIlls said:

Imagine a business run by a businessman trying to create a buzz to sell tickets. Beggars belief that. Season tickets at an all time high. Good business. And on a solid footing. Run as a proper business now and a lot on here canny take it. Kust read reports that the old firm game was highest viewed of last season in uk of all games.  Now with Gerard and some other office box names Scottish football will be high on the must watch list for bt and sky. U know this to be the case but in a bit of denial and i dont blame u. Rangers are back wih a bang.

I think the only bang relating to Rangers is the sound of drums when the marching season starts.

1 minute ago, Lairdyfaeinverclyde said:

I think the only bang relating to Rangers is the sound of drums when the marching season starts.

That is so philosophical ma friend. U in to all that then? I'm not just like the other gers men on here. But if thats what bangs your drum march on ☺

4 hours ago, Scotty CTA said:

It's in the Record.

That any better?

(You're still skint.)

Your desperation is palpable. Try and engage your brain before getting over excited by utter Rubbish like this. 

32 minutes ago, Rolling hIlls said:

Imagine a business run by a businessman trying to create a buzz to sell tickets. Beggars belief that. Season tickets at an all time high. Good business. And on a solid footing. Run as a proper business now and a lot on here canny take it. Kust read reports that the old firm game was highest viewed of last season in uk of all games  Now with Gerard and some other office box names Scottish football will be high on the must watch list for bt and sky. U know this to be the case but in a bit of denial and i dont blame u. Rangers are back wih a bang.

An old firm game had the highest uk tv viewing figures ? Higher than games in the english premiership ?

1 hour ago, Debian said:

Fingers crossed you opted in to continue receiving his newsletter as part of GDPR

Scottie and James do seem to know each other.

I worry slightly about this James chap. To be honest he should probably be getting professional help, rather than running a blog (and I mean that as advice, rather than a dig in any way)

1 hour ago, Rolling hIlls said:

Any links to this article? 

8 hours ago, Rolling hIlls said:

Imagine a business run by a businessman trying to create a buzz to sell tickets. Beggars belief that. Season tickets at an all time high. Good business. And on a solid footing. Run as a proper business now and a lot on here canny take it.

You've resorted to 'pay day' loans for crying out loud.

8 hours ago, theweestevie said:

Well our timing is pretty pish as Skrtel wasn't mentioned until after the season ticket renewal deadline...

8 hours ago, Fairbairn said:

I doubt very, very much that anyone will have renewed their season ticket based on the possibility that we MIGHT shave signed Martin Skrtel. 

No name (or gamble) bigger than having Stevie G. 

8 hours ago, Debian said:

We fell out.

8 hours ago, Larky Masher said:

You don't do logic at all.

I do.

Logically, you could have posted your comment without quoting what I quoted (since your distain came from what I quoted).

7 hours ago, RenfrewBlue said:

Your desperation is palpable. Try and engage your brain before getting over excited by utter Rubbish like this. 

No it's not. :lol:

It's just banter.

(I hate when I upset people.)

Apologies.