Transfers, Rumours and Delusional Pish 2016/17/18 - Page 198 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Transfers, Rumours and Delusional Pish 2016/17/18

Rangers linked with 33 year old defender at inflated price and wages = Rangers get ridiculed for signing policy.

Rangers don't sign 33 year old defender at inflated price and wages = Rangers get ridiculed.  

I'll give you boys your dues, you're consistent!  

27 minutes ago, Tartan_McCole said:

The ridicule is more down to the media and fanbase getting overly excited about this trash, but I'm pretty sure you knew that.

I don't know a single Rangers fan that thought Skrtel would have been a good signing unless he was coming on a free to replace Alves. 

The only one on here claiming it was a good idea was Rolling HIlls. That about sums it up for me. 

1 hour ago, RenfrewBlue said:

I don't know a single Rangers fan that thought Skrtel would have been a good signing unless he was coming on a free to replace Alves. 

The only one on here claiming it was a good idea was Rolling HIlls. That about sums it up for me. 

Fair enough. All I've heard from people and seen (on Twitter granted, which is hardly a beacon of sense!) is about signing this experienced, former world class warrior to strike the fear of death into the SPL.

1 minute ago, Tartan_McCole said:

Fair enough. All I've heard from people and seen (on Twitter granted, which is hardly a beacon of sense!) is about signing this experienced, former world class warrior to strike the fear of death into the SPL.

They were talking about Torres mate ;)

46 minutes ago, theweestevie said:

Jack Ross to take over at Sunderland

Can’t help think this is a bad move. League One and a basket case of a club that will likely have 3 managers this season alone.

If Ross could have got St Mirren into top 6, even top 8 of Spfl then I think he’d have a chance of landing a Championship gig with a stable team. 

4 hours ago, theweestevie said:

Madness from Ross if he takes it. I know Sunderland have recently been taken over and another parachute payment means they'll more than likely skoosh league 1, but you'd have thought he would have liked to have led a decent St Mirren side into the premiership.

12 minutes ago, Mox said:

Madness from Ross if he takes it. I know Sunderland have recently been taken over and another parachute payment means they'll more than likely skoosh league 1, but you'd have thought he would have liked to have led a decent St Mirren side into the premiership.

What do you think the difference between the wages that he's getting at St. Mirren and what he'll be on at Sunderland, I wouldn't be surprised if it wasn't about 10 times as much.

Its a bit of a free go really.  Sunderlands reputation is such right now that if it doesn't work out and he gets binned it won't be career ending.

New owners as well, fronted by the guy from Eastleigh who wasn't shy in splashing the cash about there. 

St Mirren should go for Ross Jack as replacement for a laugh.

Edited by aaid

40 minutes ago, aaid said:

What do you think the difference between the wages that he's getting at St. Mirren and what he'll be on at Sunderland, I wouldn't be surprised if it wasn't about 10 times as much.

I read he's been offered a fivefold increase.

11 hours ago, aaid said:

Its a bit of a free go really.  Sunderlands reputation is such right now that if it doesn't work out and he gets binned it won't be career ending.

New owners as well, fronted by the guy from Eastleigh who wasn't shy in splashing the cash about there. 

St Mirren should go for Ross Jack as replacement for a laugh.

It’s x5. Which will be great for the 3 months or so he earns it!

19 hours ago, theweestevie said:

I know that at the end of the day this will most likely be a financial decision for Jack, but if he continues to improve as a manager then that day will come sooner rather than later  - no need to drop down to essentially division 3 in England for a pay rise, even if it is a 'sleeping giant' of a club. Why not stay and see what comes  of managing a team in the top flight of Scotland?? 

4 hours ago, Fairbairn said:

Plus the bumper pay off.  Either way he'll likely be set for life after this.

Doubt there will be a bumper pay off. Sunderland will require majority of their parachute payment to stay afloat. 

24 minutes ago, SMcoolJ said:

Doubt there will be a bumper pay off. Sunderland will require majority of their parachute payment to stay afloat. 

No they won't. Sunderland are now debt free. They were bought over and previous owner, Ellis Short, wrote off a 9 (NINE) figure debt as part of the sale agreement. Note that 9 figures doesn't include decimal places!

They are actually on the best footing they have been for years. They are in a league they should win, they are selling decent season ticket numbers now that Short is gone, they can spend more money than anyone else in League One, its an open goal for Ross to get them up into the Championship IMO.

On 5/23/2018 at 5:45 AM, Fairbairn said:

Rangers linked with 33 year old defender at inflated price and wages = Rangers get ridiculed for signing policy.

Rangers don't sign 33 year old defender at inflated price and wages = Rangers get ridiculed.  

I'll give you boys your dues, you're consistent!  

How about, 'Sevco come on all Billy Big Baws and fall flat on their face?'

John James... https://johnjamessite.com

It’s a Knockout at Ibrox

I note with interest that the Record have an interview with Skrtel’s agent where he asserts that Rangers Lite only offered 25% to 20% of his player’s current £60,000 per week and that they could not find the 5/6 million Euros to buy him. How embarrassing. What’s more embarrassing is Traynor using pubescent sock puppet Jack to state that Skrtel was never a target. Jack is now exposed as a lying pr*ck and Traynor lickspittle.

Gerrard, Robertson and no doubt Allen have been doing their utmost to land Skrtel. All those claiming that Bottle would not have joined if a budget was not in place now have eggs on their faces. What part of not finding five million Euros and offering a fraction of his current salary suggests a transfer budget?

However this information also casts doubts on reports suggesting Arfield is on £38,000 per week as Lite have now been exposed as being as poor as a church mouse on a bare week.

The Gerrard revolution is like watching an old repeat of It’s A Knockout in which Lite have played their Joker and ended up with null points.