Transfers, Rumours and Delusional Pish 2016/17/18 - Page 195 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Transfers, Rumours and Delusional Pish 2016/17/18

12 hours ago, PASTA Mick said:

There is a good reason Arfield never got capped by Scotland. He is average. A bit of a cult hero at Burnley because he scored a winner against Blackburn but I'm not sure he's much of an improvement on what they already have. 

He's better than Holt. Holt is a championship player in Scotland at best. 

Mass exodus at Hamilton including Templeton, Crawford, Sarris, Ferguson, Tomas and Redmond

Bottom two next year for sure

DdL09I-W4AELYw-.jpg

1 hour ago, Mitre said:

If we signed Messi he would say he was pish

Not true. Although I would question how bad he's become to sign for your lot. 

I think Middleton that you signed from Norwich is a cracking young player. I'd have had him at Celtic. He's the sort of player Gerrard should be trying to get into the team. 

2 hours ago, Stu101 said:

Where are Templeton and Crawford away to? Free agents?

Yep

Anyone but Accies it would seem

1 hour ago, Kirk said:

He could probably play for any team comfortably, just looks so natural when playing. Would love him to move to Spain or Germany rather than England

Snap. He's actually pretty similar in style to Felipe Luis, so the interest is understandable. 

3 hours ago, Kirk said:

He could probably play for any team comfortably, just looks so natural when playing. Would love him to move to Spain or Germany rather than England

Aye, I'd like to see  him move abroad.

He's an uber tim though and that's giving me the fear that he might be happy to stay there.

Me might stay at Parkhead, if he does go, you get the feeling it will need to be a good move. Bournemouth have recently been linked with him, I think there’s more chance of them signing me than getting Tierney interested in them. 

19 minutes ago, kumnio said:

Me might stay at Parkhead, if he does go, you get the feeling it will need to be a good move. Bournemouth have recently been linked with him, I think there’s more chance of them signing me than getting Tierney interested in them. 

That could be an issue, the really big teams would be happy to let him go to Southampton, Bournemouth or whoever, prove he can cut it in the EPL and then pay 3 times more.

However, it would surely take a really interesting offer (like Atletico Madrid) to tempt him to leave Celtic.

I suspect he will stay at Parkhead for 3 more years.

Would be great from a Scottish perspective if he was to go and play at one of the top clubs in Europe, we could have 2 genuine world class players and they both play the same position.

6 hours ago, Parklife said:

Snap. He's actually pretty similar in style to Felipe Luis, so the interest is understandable. 

His hairs not as good though

4 hours ago, Squirrelhumper said:

Aye, I'd like to see  him move abroad.

He's an uber tim though and that's giving me the fear that he might be happy to stay there.

Yeah that's my worry, he might want to stay for 10 in a row........

11 hours ago, Parklife said:

Am I right in thinking that he broke his leg a few months back? Must be early/mid 30's now, so probably coming to the end of his career anyway.

Makes sense.

8 minutes ago, slasher said:

The Wizard of Oz (Rogic) signed up for another 5 years. Excellent business! 🤣

I am astonished he has signed a new deal, had resigned myself to the fact that he was offski this summer. Over the moon mind you, he's the best footballer in that team by a mile.