Transfers, Rumours and Delusional Pish 2016/17/18 - Page 188 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Transfers, Rumours and Delusional Pish 2016/17/18

On 3/22/2018 at 12:19 AM, Hanx said:

It really is hiding in plain sight.  The top end of the game is mostly populated by remarkable athletes with unremarkable talent.

Same with loads of sports, athletics over skills. Basketball heads comment on it being more athletic than skills based without realising what they are implying.

On 3/24/2018 at 1:58 PM, slasher said:

Hardly. As I recall the media were on the sceptical side over that signing. Wee Barry had Niko as the second coming, comparing his signing to us bringing in Moravcik. 

Anyway I think we can afford to make the odd dud signing. Skint tramps from Govan should be much more careful with their money. 😉

Ah, I can see where you've went wrong here.  You've paid attention to Barry Ferguson.

4 hours ago, Fairbairn said:

Ah, I can see where you've went wrong here.  You've paid attention to Barry Ferguson.

Wee Barry's got an MBE don't ya know :lol:

I'm pretty sure there used to be a guy on here with that handle. 

Joking aside, things getting tight for 2nd, Media linking Aberdeen boss with another job, I’m getting deja vu.

:lol:

They don’t normally make a headline story of the comments of an ex-Motherwell player on Aberdeen’s manager.

2 minutes ago, sbcmfc said:

Joking aside, things getting tight for 2nd, Media linking Aberdeen boss with another job, I’m getting deja vu.

Bingo!

It'll be Lennon next if Hibs pump Hamilton tonight.

They don't even pretend anymore....

Bizarre as fuck for a senior SFA employee to link the manager of a member club with another job. 

Aberdeen should be writing the SFA and asking for Celtic -style "clarification" on how the SFA expects it's employees to behave. 

1 hour ago, SMcoolJ said:

I think Clarke and Mulumbu will top our list......!  Jack Ross plan B?

Absolutely no chance Clarke would go to Aberdeen IMO.

No offence, plenty of managers in past would have but the only team I could see him leaving for up here is Celtic.

I'd be amazed if he doesn't see out his contract. Will definitely be at RP next season unless a decent team from south coast offer him a job.

We've just signed up 4 players in the past week who have all penned deals to the end of his contract in 2020, he seems pretty intent on leaving a legacy. Local club, family supports us, wife from Killie, brother captained us, other brother long term season ticket holder etc so I think he might buck the trend and stay.

He doesn't need the cash either which helps.

2 hours ago, Parklife said:

Bizarre as fuck for a senior SFA employee to link the manager of a member club with another job. 

Aberdeen should be writing the SFA and asking for Celtic -style "clarification" on how the SFA expects it's employees to behave. 

Not sure how serious you’re being?

Also not sure what the gig is with assistant managers of the national team? Is that a full time job? Does he get paid every month or just as and when?

Think faddy has been asked for an opinion on speculation rather than started the speculation to be fair to him.

A bigger issue with Faddy would be what on his CV qualifies him to be assistant manager of the national team?

27 minutes ago, sbcmfc said:

Not sure how serious you’re being?

Also not sure what the gig is with assistant managers of the national team? Is that a full time job? Does he get paid every month or just as and when?

Think faddy has been asked for an opinion on speculation rather than started the speculation to be fair to him.

A bigger issue with Faddy would be what on his CV qualifies him to be assistant manager of the national team?

I'm being totally serious. It's a shambolic state of affairs. There's zero justification for it.

Can you imagine the outcry if McLeish came out and started pitching Rodgers for the Arsenal job, or something? 

1 hour ago, Parklife said:

I'm being totally serious. It's a shambolic state of affairs. There's zero justification for it.

Can you imagine the outcry if McLeish came out and started pitching Rodgers for the Arsenal job, or something? 

Do you know what he actually said?

All he said was, that in his opinion, if Derek McInnes was offered the West Brom job he would take it.

5 minutes ago, sbcmfc said:

Do you know what he actually said?

All he said was, that in his opinion, if Derek McInnes was offered the West Brom job he would take it.

I am capable of listening and reading & understanding, so yes, i know exactly what he said. 

You think it is acceptable for the assistant manager of Scotland and an SFA employee, to comment on the manager of an SFA member club's future? 

1 hour ago, sbcmfc said:

His goal in Paris? I'm sure McLeish wanted him for reasons other than keeping the fans onside. Hopefully he'll have some input/fresh ideas, Strachans assistance were hopeless

Edited by dan cake

Just now, Parklife said:

I am capable of listening and reading & understanding, so yes, i know exactly what he said. 

You think it is acceptable for the assistant manager of Scotland and an SFA employee, to comment on the manager of an SFA member club's future? 

I thought some of the hyperbole over the challenge on Scott Brown from 2 SFA employees was more offensive.

I don’t think McFadden said anything out of order with regards McInnes, at no point did he say he should go, he gave an opinion on a subject being discussed on the show. Perhaps he shouldn’t do media work, as by your standards there would be very little he could comment on...

1 minute ago, dan cake said:

His goal in Paris? I'm sure McLeish wanted him for reasons other than keeping the fans onside. Hopefully he'll have some input/fresh ideas, Strachans assistance were hopeless

Yeah, that was kind of my point. His coaching credentials are a failed spell as Assistant manager at Motherwell.

8 minutes ago, sbcmfc said:

I don’t think McFadden said anything out of order with regards McInnes, at no point did he say he should go, he gave an opinion on a subject being discussed on the show. Perhaps he shouldn’t do media work, as by your standards there would be very little he could comment on...

He can comment on football. Perfectly happy for him to do that. The fact you seem to think that not speculating on the future of a manager employed to an SFA member club, on a long-term contract equates to there being "very little he could comment on", is pretty fucking bizarre to me. 

If he wants to do media work, he should stick to talking about football. Not blindly speculating on the future of managers, in order to play by the BBC's pathetic wee agenda. 

It's sad that so many folk in Scotland are so subservient that they just accept the unsettling of 40 of our 42 member clubs as normal. 

Perhaps I’d feel more strongly about it if it were Robinson they were talking about?

I agree on the issue of our media constantly pushing the agendas of 2 clubs at the cost of all others and to further back you up the SFA and SPFL are compliant in this, as we can/will see with the announcements on post split fixtures.

I’m clearly a McFadden fan boy, so perhaps not the most objective on this, but I don’t think he’s said anything that could be constituted as touting McInnes for the West Brom job.

I don’t think it’s an unreasonable point either. If he gets offered the job, he probably will take it in mine and James Mcfaddens opinion.

If Brendan Rodgers gets offered the Arsenal job, he’ll take that too.

3 hours ago, Squirrelhumper said:

No offence, plenty of managers in past would have but the only team I could see him leaving for up here is Celtic.

I'd be amazed if he doesn't see out his contract. Will definitely be at RP next season unless a decent team from south coast offer him a job.

We've just signed up 4 players in the past week who have all penned deals to the end of his contract in 2020, he seems pretty intent on leaving a legacy. Local club, family supports us, wife from Killie, brother captained us, other brother long term season ticket holder etc so I think he might buck the trend and stay.

Can't disagree there.

30 minutes ago, Parklife said:

He can comment on football. Perfectly happy for him to do that. The fact you seem to think that not speculating on the future of a manager employed to an SFA member club, on a long-term contract equates to there being "very little he could comment on", is pretty fucking bizarre to me. 

If he wants to do media work, he should stick to talking about football. Not blindly speculating on the future of managers, in order to play by the BBC's pathetic wee agenda. 

It's sad that so many folk in Scotland are so subservient that they just accept the unsettling of 40 of our 42 member clubs as normal. 

Haven't listened to his comments but if that was part of the Sportsound discussion then he is entitled to express his opinion (if he doesn't then they'll just hire someone else to do it).

Being linked and discussed with other jobs is just part and parcel of being a semi competent manager. The Rangers link although ridiculous with the way Rangers approached it didn't have to be such a big issue and distraction for McInnes if he handled it correctly and the West Brom approach is the exact same (probably easier to handle).

2 minutes ago, drew said:

Haven't listened to his comments but if that was part of the Sportsound discussion then he is entitled to express his opinion (if he doesn't then they'll just hire someone else to do it).

No, he really is not. Aberdeen, as an SFA member club, effectively part-pay his wages. There's no way in hell he should be speculating on the future of their manager. If he wants to do that, then he should resign from his position of employment in the SFA. 

3 hours ago, Squirrelhumper said:

I just said they'd maybe top our list - no need to go full defensive on me!! :lol: (That said, i do understand your reaction - speaking from experience and being at the lower end of the food chain is really annoying when you have a good thing going).

You could well be right.  McInnes has already bucked the trend so who is to say Clarke won't (if you can call a move to Aberdeen a trend.....).

Edited by SMcoolJ