Transfers, Rumours and Delusional Pish 2016/17/18 - Page 186 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Transfers, Rumours and Delusional Pish 2016/17/18

6 hours ago, dan cake said:

100% this, we're not good enough not too. I'm all for diving as well, every other fucker does it.

100% not this... just because you're currently not good enough doesn't mean you cheat (even if the rules allow you to cheat). It's about morals and standards... unless of course you like way modern fitba is/has gone... brands, projects, 300 grand a week, etc etc etc

12 hours ago, ger intae them said:

100% not this... just because you're currently not good enough doesn't mean you cheat (even if the rules allow you to cheat). It's about morals and standards... unless of course you like way modern fitba is/has gone... brands, projects, 300 grand a week, etc etc etc

teams that are good enough still cheat!

we played italy in bari many years ago Kenny Miller battled away honestly against 4 defenders on his own for 90 minutes

meanwhile down the other end 6"4 Luca Toni fell about at every opportunity resulting in many free kicks one of which they scored from

sorry but morals are long gone in football, just look at hearts for instance

43 minutes ago, mr mojo risin said:

Hopefully not! I know Maynard has been hopeless but there must be a better option for next season surely. Don't think he did anything at Hearts?

He's pish.  A one in 5 scoring ratio throughout his career and what appears to be some serious attitude issues following him around.  I'd be amazed if McInnes was daft enough to take him on.  There's a reason he's had 9 clubs in 8 seasons.

21 hours ago, mr mojo risin said:

Hopefully not! I know Maynard has been hopeless but there must be a better option for next season surely. Don't think he did anything at Hearts?

20 hours ago, Fairbairn said:

He's pish.  A one in 5 scoring ratio throughout his career and what appears to be some serious attitude issues following him around.  I'd be amazed if McInnes was daft enough to take him on.  There's a reason he's had 9 clubs in 8 seasons.

He's only training with us because him and McInnes have the same agent. 

Agree about his record and attitude but without doubt would be an upgrade on Maynard.  Rooney is also p1sh unless we're completely bossing a game. Probably speaks volumes about our strikers, but i'd consider signing him right now!

I’ve not listened to his “Si Ferry meets” podcast yet, seems to have got s decent reaction on twitter, so perhaps will give some context to his situation?

From the outside he appears a bit of a ned with a poor attitude, be interesting to hear his thoughts.

By giving him training facilities Aberdeen will have put themselves front of the queue if he shows he’s still got something...

8 hours ago, SMcoolJ said:

He's only training with us because him and McInnes have the same agent. 

Agree about his record and attitude but without doubt would be an upgrade on Maynard.  Rooney is also p1sh unless we're completely bossing a game. Probably speaks volumes about our strikers, but i'd consider signing him right now!

Can’t sign him now, something to do with his Belgian contract. 

On 21/02/2018 at 1:58 PM, dandydunn said:

Tony Watt apparently training with Aberdeen, although he can’t sign for anyone until the summer. 

Absolute wasted talent, there was/may still be a good player there but his attitude seems to be the issue everywhere he goes.

9 hours ago, Scotty CTA said:

Some welcome news for the Dandies... Wee Scotty McKenna (21) extends again for another 2 years taking him to 2023 with The Famous.

There's rumours going round he's going to be called up to the Scotland squad next week. 

I haven't seen him enough to judge. What do you think? 

1 hour ago, RenfrewBlue said:

There's rumours going round he's going to be called up to the Scotland squad next week. 

He has potential. He's raw and rugged at the moment but first and foremost, the boy cam defend. 

Needs to improve his distribution and would benefit from playing next to a steady and consistent partner every week (i.e Not Antony O'Connor). 

I think with him, Souttar, McCrorie and Hendry, we have a few young CB's with potential to solve a major problem. 

14 minutes ago, Parklife said:

He has potential. He's raw and rugged at the moment but first and foremost, the boy cam defend. 

Needs to improve his distribution and would benefit from playing next to a steady and consistent partner every week (i.e Not Antony O'Connor). 

I think with him, Souttar, McCrorie and Hendry, we have a few young CB's with potential to solve a major problem. 

He's raw and rugged but unlike the last youth player we had described like that (Zander Diamond) he has a brain which is why he has done well despite playing beside garbage at the back.

Distribution could be worked on but not a priority for a CB

17 minutes ago, Parklife said:

So you don't rate Liam Lindsay then?

1 hour ago, RenfrewBlue said:

Agree with Parky and Drew.

Best to have him in and around the Scotland squad now (to at least acclimatise) based on potential alone.

Has already captained the Scotland under 19's and under 21's and has that "I'll eat you alive" look to him.

_100319767_14436707.jpg

46 minutes ago, Barney Rubble said:

So you don't rate Liam Lindsay then?

I do. Very highly! Very much a case of "out of sight, out of mind" for me there. Apologies. 

2 hours ago, Parklife said:

With these players and others like McGinn, Docherty, Cummings, Griffiths, Robertson, Tierny as well, all relatively young I think we are in for some exciting times ahead.

I would start to look to include as many of these players in the squad (those that aren't already there) as much as possible from now and start to build the team around them. It may hurt us short term but I think longer term will do us good.

47 minutes ago, Barney Rubble said:

Wish we could borrow him back for this weekend's game.

And I wish that last summer we went all out to get him. As did many, many aberdeen fans. 

Edited by Parklife

3 minutes ago, Parklife said:

And I wish that last summer we went all out to get him. As did many, many aberdeen fans. 

I don't know how much he cost but I'd have rather spent the £400,000 on May for Liam Lindsay