Transfers, Rumours and Delusional Pish 2016/17/18 - Page 183 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Transfers, Rumours and Delusional Pish 2016/17/18

Thankfully the Scottish transfer deadline day market is much more subdued than the circus down here. Apparently poor marez from Leicester is “depressed” after Leicester blocked his move to some rich club. Whoever his manager is needs to give him a boot to the nads, his comments are an insult to people who actually suffer from depression.

25 minutes ago, vanderark14 said:

Thankfully the Scottish transfer deadline day market is much more subdued than the circus down here. Apparently poor marez from Leicester is “depressed” after Leicester blocked his move to some rich club. Whoever his manager is needs to give him a boot to the nads, his comments are an insult to people who actually suffer from depression.

And why can’t he be one of them?

37 minutes ago, vanderark14 said:

Hey everyone, its 1975.

5 minutes ago, Mox said:

Hey everyone, its 1975.

Nope, you’re wrong again. You must be getting used to that.

mahrez is not depressed, it would be one hell of a coincidence if he were to announce his depression to the world when he didn’t get a move to Man City, very peculiar that. I was friends with a guy who suffered with genuine depression, he committed suicide. I find mahrez s comments an insult to people like him. 

If mahrez genuinely has depression I’d happily retract my comments but it it’s too convenient. I believe he just wants a move to win medals and earn more money which is not a bad thing. He’s right to be disappointed at the move falling through, any player will want to move to bigger clubs to win medals and earn more.

Edited by vanderark14

According to the Daily Record Trevor Carson was “believed to be devastated” at not getting a move to Celtic.

:lol:

No quotes or anything, and given he’s a raging hun from Northern Ireland, I presume they made it up.

Im with VDA on Mahrez’s depression, he wasn’t belittling depression, in fact quite the opposite, using an illness to describe what is more likely disappointment is the issue, not calling it out.

19 minutes ago, sbcmfc said:

According to the Daily Record Trevor Carson was “believed to be devastated” at not getting a move to Celtic.

:lol:

No quotes or anything, and given he’s a raging hun from Northern Ireland, I presume they made it up.

Im with VDA on Mahrez’s depression, he wasn’t belittling depression, in fact quite the opposite, using an illness to describe what is more likely disappointment is the issue, not calling it out.

This not the 2nd time in 18 months that Leicester have blocked a move for him?? He should be mightily pissed off, but hardly depressed. How long has he left on his current deal?? At this rate he'll be walking off for nothing if they ain't careful, or just join Man City in the summer.....

7 minutes ago, shaggycoo said:

This not the 2nd time in 18 months that Leicester have blocked a move for him?? He should be mightily pissed off, but hardly depressed. How long has he left on his current deal?? At this rate he'll be walking off for nothing if they ain't careful, or just join Man City in the summer.....

Maybe he should take some individual responsibility, he signed his contract with a club, they have no obligation to meet his demands other than those stated in his contract. Are Leicester really blocking anything? They are surely sticking to the terms of the contract?

I appreciate my opinion is way outside the detached reality of the EPL but its about time players were made to accept their own decisions.

He will want to move to Man City and so he should however he should respect his current employer instead of getting his buddies to tell the world he's depressed

2 hours ago, vanderark14 said:

mahrez is not depressed, it would be one hell of a coincidence if he were to announce his depression to the world when he didn’t get a move to Man City, very peculiar that. I was friends with a guy who suffered with genuine depression, he committed suicide. I find mahrez s comments an insult to people like him. 

If mahrez genuinely has depression I’d happily retract my comments but it it’s too convenient. I believe he just wants a move to win medals and earn more money which is not a bad thing. He’s right to be disappointed at the move falling through, any player will want to move to bigger clubs to win medals and earn more.

How do you know he’s not depressed?

Just now, ParisInAKilt said:

I read the part were you said he wasn’t depressed. Understandly I stopped reading at that point.

whats your problem here? spit it out, no need to be shy

I'll re-phrase for you since you clearly struggle to understand the point being made, I don't think he's depressed and I don;t think he should using the term to describe his disappointment at missing out on more money

10 minutes ago, kumnio said:

Absolutely horrific transfers yesterday Dundee, the club continues to find new ways of fucking things up. 

Looks like we might get derbies next year after all. 

Very, very odd although Murray will be a good signing imo. How good or bad is Hendry, cant say I've ever noticed him before.

1 minute ago, vanderark14 said:

whats your problem here? spit it out, no need to be shy

I'll re-phrase for you since you clearly struggle to understand the point being made, I don't think he's depressed and I don;t think he should using the term to describe his disappointment at missing out on more money

No problem, I just read your first post when you said “Mahrez is not depressed” and like I said I replied without reading the rest of your post.

8 minutes ago, Mox said:

Very, very odd although Murray will be a good signing imo. How good or bad is Hendry, cant say I've ever noticed him before.

Hendry is a very promising player, tall, strong, but composed on the ball. He is the first player we have had that I thought will definitely play for Scotland for a very long time. 

1 hour ago, kumnio said:

Hendry is a very promising player, tall, strong, but composed on the ball. He is the first player we have had that I thought will definitely play for Scotland for a very long time. 

Whats the crack with the fee ?

'Biggest ever fee for the club' but they can't or won't say what it was ! Seems a bit iffy. Do you think the Yanks are at it ? :lol:   

6 hours ago, vanderark14 said:

Mahrez like many modern players is a self-centered c*nt that throws their toys out of the pram if they don' get their own way, there's as much chance of him being clinically depressed as there of me buying a season ticket for celtic

3 hours ago, Larky Masher said:

Mahrez like many modern players is a self-centered c*nt that throws their toys out of the pram if they don' get their own way, there's as much chance of him being clinically depressed as there of me buying a season ticket for celtic

Totally agree with you and Vanderark on this one. 

He signed a contract and appears to have failed to put a release clause in it. If he doesn't like it he shouldn't have signed it. 

27 minutes ago, RenfrewBlue said:

Totally agree with you and Vanderark on this one. 

He signed a contract and appears to have failed to put a release clause in it. If he doesn't like it he shouldn't have signed it. 

I’m sure he was quite happy to take the money when he signed his improved contract off the back of the league win.