Transfers, Rumours and Delusional Pish 2016/17/18 - Page 181 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Transfers, Rumours and Delusional Pish 2016/17/18

10 minutes ago, Mox said:

It's a ridiculous signing, developing a player for Chelsea who will then benefit when they decide to sell him further down the line. Our recruitment over the last  number of years has been patchy at best and i've seen very little to suggest it's improving.

Patchy at best? We signed the world's most expensive defender. Dembele has potential to be very good, as does Ntcham. Sinclair, Roberts, Armstrong...all good signings. Sure there are a few that haven't worked out but we haven't lost much money on any of them. 

Bringing top players to Scotland is very, very difficult. I think we do okay. 

24 minutes ago, sbcmfc said:

Mox, you must’ve been on suicide watch for the entire 1990s.

:lol:

Celtic apparently chasing Motherwell keeper Trevor Carson, from a “staunch” family from Northern Ireland by all accounts...

I’m with Mox. This target is utter lunacy. Give the young kid a go rather than drafting in the well keeper. He’ll only sit on the bench in all honesty so shelling out £3-400k is a ridiculous strategy.

On 28/01/2018 at 8:52 PM, Mox said:

Whoever is in charge of buying/loaning players at Celtic should be sacked immediately. 18 month loan for some Chelsea reserve just to send him back in summer 19, the biscuit tin mentality will never die.

I get why some fans don't like these deals but whatever the rights and wrongs of them they're hardly biscuit tin stuff. 10k a week in wages plus the loan fee equates to £4.5/£5m over 18 months. Dunno what kind of biscuit tin you've got at home but I wouldn't mind a bash at it if that's what it's packing 😉

Alan Preston practically shot his bolt last night whilst talking about this latest Celtic signing.

"best youth player he's ever seen"

"chelsea managed to sign him but only if Chelsea signed both his brothers from anderlecht too"           apparently chelsea did agree to that

"future £60m player"

"24 clubs wanted him"

3 minutes ago, vanderark14 said:

Alan Preston practically shot his bolt last night whilst talking about this latest Celtic signing.

"best youth player he's ever seen"

"chelsea managed to sign him but only if Chelsea signed both his brothers from anderlecht too"           apparently chelsea did agree to that

"future £60m player"

"24 clubs wanted him"

Yet he ended up in Scotland at Celtic......if he was all that it wouldn’t be here he’d be plying his trade. 

4 minutes ago, macy37 said:

Yet he ended up in Scotland at Celtic......if he was all that it wouldn’t be here he’d be plying his trade. 

recently signed a 5 year deal with Chelsea too. 

Surely Celtic are as good as any side to gain experience? Pressure to win every week, OF matches with hot atmospheres, a winning mentality, european football and potential for CL football next season.

Strange for any celtic fans to be so negative about this

53 minutes ago, macy37 said:

You could say that about any of our players :lol:

I've not seen enough of him to judge but he is arriving with more top level experience and hype than any of Roberts, Ntcham and Dembele had. 

I think he will be a good signing. 

From BBC Sports - the Express !! could be crap

Chinese Super League club Guangzhou have made a £6m-plus offer for Rangers striker Alfredo Morelos, with the Glasgow club looking at potential replacements should a deal be struck for the 21-year-old Colombian before the close of the transfer window on Wednesday. (Daily Express)

Edited by jailender

2 minutes ago, kumnio said:

Chinese club apparently, I thought it was Evergrande, but may be wrong. 

It is, £5.3m inital bid was declined and they have come back with a second offer of £6.5m which is under consideration. The decision is going to be left with Murty and Allen and a list of suitable replacements is being drawn up and only if the club feel they can replace him will they accept the offer.

19 minutes ago, theweestevie said:

It is, £5.3m inital bid was declined and they have come back with a second offer of £6.5m which is under consideration. The decision is going to be left with Murty and Allen and a list of suitable replacements is being drawn up and only if the club feel they can replace him will they accept the offer.

😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂

56 minutes ago, theweestevie said:

Got to be at the wind-up? 

21 minutes ago, Parklife said:

Got to be at the wind-up? 

Who knows, I felt leaving out "according to Twitter" of my post might generate a bit more of a discussion.

I hope we don't sell him, I don't think we have seen the best of him yet would love to see him and Cummings up top together.

Edited by theweestevie

1 hour ago, theweestevie said:

I really hope if its turned down that the huns pay him wages that reflect a £7m+ player.

After all, that's the logic some of their fans used when we turned down £125k+ plus pie in the sky add ons for Jones!

Edited by Squirrelhumper

Richard Wilson (@timomouse)

Just to confirm that this is utter BS - The Record link him to Guangzhou. There are Two Guangzhous in the CSL and BOTH are already at their limit of 4 non-Chinese players in the squad. Neither could buy Morelos.

That took 2 minutes research. That’s 2 minutes more than the Record bothered to do.

Edited by DoonTheSlope

17 minutes ago, DoonTheSlope said:

Just to confirm that this is utter BS - The Record link him to Guangzhou. There are Two Guangzhous in the CSL and BOTH are already at their limit of 4 non-Chinese players in the squad. Neither could buy Morelos.

That took 2 minutes research. That’s 2 minutes more than the Record bothered to do.

Apparently Ricardo Goulart has just left them and is no longer registered with them which takes them down to 3. Emphesis on the apparently.

Edited by theweestevie

53 minutes ago, DoonTheSlope said:

Don't be so daft.  Morelos is Chinese.