Transfers, Rumours and Delusional Pish 2016/17/18 - Page 180 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Transfers, Rumours and Delusional Pish 2016/17/18

3 minutes ago, Exglasgowasc said:

Heard a fee had been agreed and he was there this morning for a medical. I assume he passed his medical then?

I've jumped the gun and just assumed he will. Not confirmed yet. 

49 minutes ago, Parklife said:

Aberdeen have agreed an £80k fee for Hamilton captain Mikey Devlin. 

Interesting.

That's three key elements of their squad gone this window (Devlin, Docherty and the Greek guy that went doo-lally at Miles Storey last month).

Given that they are far from safe, Hamilton must be rooked for cash.

Edited by Barney Rubble

9 minutes ago, Barney Rubble said:

Interesting.

That's three key elements of their squad gone this window (Devlin, Docherty and the Greek guy that went doo-lally at Miles Storey last month).

Given that they are far from safe, Hamilton must be rooked for cash.

I think that's likely, didn't they lose £800k to fraudsters?

3 minutes ago, Stewart_Aberdeen said:

https://www.afc.co.uk/2018/01/26/signing-news-devlin-becomes-don/

Devlin confirmed on a 3 year contract.

@Barney Rubble was that Sarris? Read yesterday that he's back and they've denied ever punting him.

Just saw that - hadn't been aware of the change of heart.

Maybe Hamilton couldn't find another centre-back, or maybe losing Docherty and Devlin has allowed them to keep him as apparently he's one of their highest earners.

2 hours ago, Fairbairn said:

Permanent.  He was out of contract in the summer and rejected an extension.  I'm a bit surprised by this as he'd been playing well recently and had skippered the team on a few occasions so I expected him to take up the extension.  Maybe explains the signing of Martin if we knew Wilson was leaving and were expecting Alves to go too.

In decent form but still very hot and cold. I would much rather he left than some of the others being spoken about.

3 hours ago, Fairbairn said:

Permanent.  He was out of contract in the summer and rejected an extension.  I'm a bit surprised by this as he'd been playing well recently and had skippered the team on a few occasions so I expected him to take up the extension.  Maybe explains the signing of Martin if we knew Wilson was leaving and were expecting Alves to go too.

Bit surprised by that but had forgotten his contract was up in the summer. To be brutally honest I didn't think he was good enough for us if we're really trying to win the league. 

8 hours ago, Fairbairn said:

Think he's got back in the Cardiff team recently after a pretty bad injury and has been banging in a few goals.  Would expect to see him in the next Scotland squad.

Yes, he's been doing quite well, though I think they've been playing him in a more advanced position rather than as a right back

1 hour ago, Squirrelhumper said:

I don't think any of the current Rangers side would get in the Celtic side.

Maybe the keeper.

That's utterly irrelevant. You can win the league without having the best players. It's about a consistent team. 

You do know who the top scorer in the league is, by the way? 

5 hours ago, Squirrelhumper said:

Maybe the keeper.

Who's the leagues top goalscorer? 

And Tavernier is statistically the leagues best RB. 

12 hours ago, Fairbairn said:

Good. When he was good he was good, but overall just too inconsistent. Last 6 months have been his best, but still not a major loss.

15 hours ago, Squirrelhumper said:

Maybe the keeper.

I’d also take Tavernier over whoever they have at right back. And I’m sure I seen stats that showed Candieas is the most creative player in the league. That’ll be why Celtic are trying to sign him!! :lol:

On 28/01/2018 at 8:52 PM, Mox said:

Whoever is in charge of buying/loaning players at Celtic should be sacked immediately. 18 month loan for some Chelsea reserve just to send him back in summer 19, the biscuit tin mentality will never die.

:lol: Aye, alright.

We've got to be realistic. The same deal worked out okay for Roberts. It is a way to bring in players that might not otherwise come to the club. 

No point spending money for the sake of it. I'm pleased with the deal and think he will give us another good option. 

3 minutes ago, PASTA Mick said:

:lol: Aye, alright.

We've got to be realistic. The same deal worked out okay for Roberts. It is a way to bring in players that might not otherwise come to the club. 

No point spending money for the sake of it. I'm pleased with the deal and think he will give us another good option. 

It's a ridiculous signing, developing a player for Chelsea who will then benefit when they decide to sell him further down the line. Our recruitment over the last  number of years has been patchy at best and i've seen very little to suggest it's improving.