Transfers, Rumours and Delusional Pish 2016/17/18 - Page 179 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Transfers, Rumours and Delusional Pish 2016/17/18

5 hours ago, slasher said:

I think the plan was to hang on to him until the summer but that's not looking like it's going to work out. Plenty rumours doing the rounds now that his agent will be called in this week and told we'll listen to offers.

The way he's played this season is the reason he has to go now. He's been ordinary and his value is dropping every time he plays. 

I'm sure it's because he's disinterested but it doesn't help Celtic's case. 

38 minutes ago, RenfrewBlue said:

The way he's played this season is the reason he has to go now. He's been ordinary and his value is dropping every time he plays. 

I'm sure it's because he's disinterested but it doesn't help Celtic's case. 

Yip I’d agree with that. I was raging when he swanned off in the Rangers game looking for some kind of send off. Just get aff the pitch man, we’re trying to win a game here!

2 hours ago, slasher said:

Yip I’d agree with that. I was raging when he swanned off in the Rangers game looking for some kind of send off. Just get aff the pitch man, we’re trying to win a game here!

I think that's the most frustrating thing about some players. You know they can be superb but you also know its only when they can be arsed. 

Marco Negri springs to mind. 

1 hour ago, Squirrelhumper said:

Liam Lindsay linked with a move to Brighton for £6m.

Are we about to see a number of good Scottish Centre backs come through for the first time in years or is this another false dawn?  Lindsay, Hendry, McKenna, McRorie, Souttar? Have seen all play and all seem rather refreshingly decent. Add that to Tierney and Robertson and I'm almost smiling.

Edited by SMcoolJ

5 minutes ago, SMcoolJ said:

Are we about to see a number of good Scottish Centre backs come through for the first time in years or is this another false dawn?  Lindsay, Hendry, McKenna, McRorie, Souttar? Have seen all play and all seem rather refreshingly decent. Add that to Tierney and Robertson and I'm almost smiling.

We can but hope!

15 minutes ago, SMcoolJ said:

Or will they go the way of Danny Wilson or Andy Webster.

:lol:

On 23/01/2018 at 9:54 PM, sbcmfc said:

Motherwell sign Peter Hartley on a permanent deal and produce this cracking video.

(you need to have seen the alexis Sanchez one 1st)

That is the funniest thing I've seen in ages. 😀 

On 24/01/2018 at 10:24 AM, SMcoolJ said:

Now all we need is a right back!

5 minutes ago, RenfrewBlue said:

Permanent or loan deal? 

Permanent.  He was out of contract in the summer and rejected an extension.  I'm a bit surprised by this as he'd been playing well recently and had skippered the team on a few occasions so I expected him to take up the extension.  Maybe explains the signing of Martin if we knew Wilson was leaving and were expecting Alves to go too.