Transfers, Rumours and Delusional Pish 2016/17/18 - Page 178 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Transfers, Rumours and Delusional Pish 2016/17/18

Just now, Parklife said:

To guarantee they get him. Apparently there’s a few teams interested. Norwich clearly believe it’s worth a couple hundred grand to avoid any competition. 

But they could get him on a pre-contract now, as could anyone else, so paying Aberdeen money doesn't guarantee his signature really.

3 minutes ago, wee-toon-red said:

But they could get him on a pre-contract now, as could anyone else, so paying Aberdeen money doesn't guarantee his signature really.

They could get him in the summer without a transfer fee. I assume McLean would be more likely to join them if he’s getting an extra 6 months at his new higher wage, which is what is happening. 

14 minutes ago, wee-toon-red said:

possible also that pre contracts can be broken, 

Gordon Strachan signed for Cologne before actually going to Man Utd

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-4206244/Gordon-Strachan-says-feud-Sir-Alex-Ferguson-over.html

On 20/01/2018 at 3:50 PM, vanderark14 said:

the only reason you haven't been suspended is because nobody has reported you. Luckily SMJ isn't a grass or you'd be gone which wouldn't be a bad thing. then we wouldn;t have to watch you flip out when celtic get some criticism.

Who's embarrassing themselves now ?

Looking for someone to be banned ffs  

9 minutes ago, Squirrelhumper said:

https://www.followfollow.com/forum/threads/£10m-for-morelos.16915/

I find it hard to grasp how these brain donors manage to survive in real life!

Play this right – and by that I mean extend his contract and get him scoring goals in OF games, cup finals, the EL and then the CL – and we’ll get £15 - £20 million for this boy one day.

:lol::lol::lol: 

4 hours ago, Scotland Ever More said:

Who's embarrassing themselves now ?

Looking for someone to be banned ffs  

if I wanted him suspended I would have reported him, you can tell I didn't by the part "nobody has reported you"

Rumours of Aberdeen in for McGeouch and Chris Cadden. Can see the former being a target given the impending loss of McLean but Cadden still has 18 months on his contract, so would presumably require a decent fee. 

I like both players. Would be very chuffed if either of the stories were true. 

42 minutes ago, Scunnered said:

What world do these folk inhabit?

The same world where we were being repeatedly told that Dembelle was worth £40m+ and Messi was only going to sign a new contract if Barca signed him.  You can't blame the hard of thinking for getting a bit carried away when that's the type of pish that's being spouted in the MSM.

2 hours ago, Squirrelhumper said:

https://www.followfollow.com/forum/threads/£10m-for-morelos.16915/

I find it hard to grasp how these brain donors manage to survive in real life!

And only 3 posts in before they mention Celtic. From the same fannies who call you obsessed when you remind them that they're a new club 

1 minute ago, Scotland Ever More said:

And only 3 posts in before they mention Celtic. From the same fannies who call you obsessed when you remind them that they're a new club 

That word seems to be all those Hun cunts know. :lol:

https://www.afc.co.uk/2018/01/22/kenny-joins-norwich-city-returns-loan/

Norwich City have completed the signing of Kenny McLean from Aberdeen, with the midfielder returning to Pittodrie on loan until the end of the season.

McLean, 26, joins the Canaries on a three-and-a-half-year deal for an undisclosed fee.

The box-to-box midfielder started his career at Rangers before moving to St Mirren in 2009, making his first-team debut aged 18. He joined Aberdeen in 2015 and has made 135 appearances for the Dons, scoring 18 goals. McLean has also won two international caps for Scotland, playing 90 minutes against Holland in November 2017. He is the only outfield player to have been involved in all 29 matches this season, scoring four times.

“Norwich has the right feel about it,” McLean told Norwich City TV. “I’ve met people at the Club and it just seemed right that this was the place for me to come. And after watching them on the pitch, it just seems perfect for the style I want to play. The manager’s philosophy suits me and the Club is right for me at this time of my career.

“I think it’s right for me to have a pre-season in the summer with the new team and with the manager. I’ll need to adapt to the way he wants to play, and that takes time and doing that in pre-season is right for me.”

Aberdeen manager Derek McInnes added. “When it became clear Kenny would be leaving the club, of course, we wanted him to remain with us until the end of the season, so this represents the best outcome for us.

“It’s a fantastic move for Kenny, both in terms of his career and financially, and I am delighted for him as he has earned his move.

“The importance of him remaining at the club for the rest of the season was prevalent in his mind, and he has represented both his own, and the clubs, interested superbly.  All parties involved have handled the situation extremely well and we’ve ended up with an outcome which is positive for both Aberdeen FC and Norwich FC.

“The time for wishing Kenny well is not for now. We are entering a very important period of fixtures and I am sure Kenny will play a pivotal part in helping us achieve our ambitions this season.”

Dembele appears to be gone.

These folk who are dissing him moving to Stoke/Palace/Everton seem to say they’d stay in the same  company even when another one was offering to triple their wages. 

Edited by macy37

5 minutes ago, macy37 said:

Dembele appears to be gone.

These folk who are dissing him moving to Stoke/Palace/Everton seen to say they’d stay in the same  company even when another one was offering to triple their wages. 

I think the main reason folk would mock is because of the tabloid reports of £30+ million move to Barca/Chelsea/Man Utd. 

None of which are down to Dembele right enough. Some Celtic fans were lapping up those reports though. 

3 minutes ago, Parklife said:

I think the main reason folk would mock is because of the tabloid reports of £30+ million move to Barca/Chelsea/Man Utd. 

None of which are down to Dembele right enough. Some Celtic fans were lapping up those reports though. 

Aye the remarkably thick ones. I’d still expect a healthy fee which again is splendid business by Celtic.

1 hour ago, macy37 said:

Aye the remarkably thick ones. I’d still expect a healthy fee which again is splendid business by Celtic.

If we got anything between 10 to 15 million i'd take it right now. His record last year was great but even then he plays like a big dumpling at times and he has done very little of note since about last April. He is our best striker, no doubt but id like to see Edourd given a run of games in the 2nd half of the season to see if he is upto scratch.

34 minutes ago, Mox said:

If we got anything between 10 to 15 million i'd take it right now. His record last year was great but even then he plays like a big dumpling at times and he has done very little of note since about last April. He is our best striker, no doubt but id like to see Edourd given a run of games in the 2nd half of the season to see if he is upto scratch.

I think the plan was to hang on to him until the summer but that's not looking like it's going to work out. Plenty rumours doing the rounds now that his agent will be called in this week and told we'll listen to offers.

On 22/01/2018 at 12:54 PM, Scotland Ever More said:

The irony! 😀