Transfers, Rumours and Delusional Pish 2016/17/18 - Page 175 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Transfers, Rumours and Delusional Pish 2016/17/18

Will be interesting to see if McLean features tomorrow amid the midweek stories that he was at an advanced stage in his transfer to Norwich. Can't imagine he'll feature if those stories were in any way accurate.  Still not work permit for Chidi Nwakali.  Despite having made two bids for the exact same derisory amount, Hull are reportedly going to make a third bid for McKenna - they need to get serious or get to.....

2 hours ago, SMcoolJ said:

Will be interesting to see if McLean features tomorrow amid the midweek stories that he was at an advanced stage in his transfer to Norwich. Can't imagine he'll feature if those stories were in any way accurate.  Still not work permit for Chidi Nwakali.  Despite having made two bids for the exact same derisory amount, Hull are reportedly going to make a third bid for McKenna - they need to get serious or get to.....

£301,000, a bag of balls and a set of training bibs I've heard.

17 minutes ago, SMcoolJ said:

i see Celtic have confirmed interest in Hibs/killie's/Aberdeen's/Motherwells's next loanee centre half - the young lad Hendry from Dundee. Football governance is a joke.

But they can't compete in Europe because there's no domestic competition... :rolleyes: 

1 minute ago, Parklife said:

But they can't compete in Europe because there's no domestic competition... :rolleyes: 

I don't think i totally blame Celtic.  They're just taking advantage of a situation and adopting the same model as the wealthy clubs down south.  I blame the governance.  The loan system needs completely overhauled along with strict parameters put in place (such as limiting the amount of players a club can place on loan and outlawing same league loans).  The stockpiling of young talent and the damage it causes has to stop as does the obvious conflict the current loan system creates.

29 minutes ago, SMcoolJ said:

i see Celtic have confirmed interest in Hibs/killie's/Aberdeen's/Motherwells's next loanee centre half - the young lad Hendry from Dundee. Football governance is a joke.

Feel free to send Ryan Christie back this month, feckin hypocrisy as usual 👍

14 minutes ago, Parklife said:

There's no competition cos clowns like you think kvnts like Jonny Hayes are brilliant.....turns out he's not 😂

2 minutes ago, slasher said:

There's no competition cos clowns like you think kvnts like Jonny Hayes are brilliant.....turns out he's not 😂

I doubt what i think has a direct affect on the level of competition in Scottish football, to be honest. 

11 minutes ago, slasher said:

Feel free to send Ryan Christie back this month, feckin hypocrisy as usual 👍

That's funny!!  

We made two offers to purchase Christie ouright, both accepted by Rodgers, the second offer met the counter proposal made by Lawell.  Lawell backed out.  Despite us calling his bluff, he didn't need to sell Christie and definitely didn't need to sell him to Aberdeen.

It suits Celtic to have Christie on loan to us more than it suits us to have him on loan from you so don't be naive enough to think your doing us some sort of favour. 

Edited by SMcoolJ

9 minutes ago, SMcoolJ said:

That's funny!!  

We made two offers to purchase Christie ouright, both accepted by Rodgers, the second offer met the counter proposal made by Lawell.  Lawell back out.  Despite us calling his bluff, he didn't need to sell Christie and definitely didn't need to sell him to Aberdeen.

It suits Celtic to have Christie on loan to us more than it suits us to have him on loan from you so don't be naive enough to think your dong us some sort of favour. 

It's outwith Rodgers remit to accept offers for players so you're talking pish and if Lawell changes his mind on a valuation that's his perogative. Leaving that aside, any number of clubs would be delighted to have Christie and in actual fact we could do with him right now. So, just send the best player in your squad back thanks 👍

PS the last paragraph of your post is utter nonsense btw

Edited by slasher

26 minutes ago, SMcoolJ said:

That's funny!!  

We made two offers to purchase Christie ouright, both accepted by Rodgers, the second offer met the counter proposal made by Lawell.  Lawell backed out.  Despite us calling his bluff, he didn't need to sell Christie and definitely didn't need to sell him to Aberdeen.

It suits Celtic to have Christie on loan to us more than it suits us to have him on loan from you so don't be naive enough to think your doing us some sort of favour. 

Celtic fans on another forum I frequent said pretty much this earlier in the week. Means they face a weakened Aberdeen team every time they play.

23 minutes ago, slasher said:

It's outwith Rodgers remit to accept offers for players so you're talking pish and if Lawell changes his mind on a valuation that's his perogative. Leaving that aside, any number of clubs would be delighted to have Christie and in actual fact we could do with him right now. So, just send the best player in your squad back thanks 👍

PS the last paragraph of your post is utter nonsense btw

That's quite an assertion.  However, it is possible that someone could quickly and rashly arrive at that conclusion if, say for example, they had not read the previous message with any degree of accuracy whatsoever. 

Let me try and spell it out for you again, this time using extra words in the hope you can understand.  McInnes called Rodgers in order to make a proposal to purchase Christie.  Rodgers told Mcinnes that he agreed with the proposal but would need to pass it to Lawell.  Rodgers duly passed the proposal, with his blessing, to Lawell.  Lawell rejected the proposal but suggested a counter proposal for Rodgers to communicate to McInnes.  (For the avoidance of doubt, Lawell's counter proposal was that the offer had to match the amount that Celtic had paid ICT for Christie - fair enough many, including me, would agree.)  Rodgers duly called McInnes informing him that his original offer had been rejected by Lawell but, in its place, provided McInnes with details of the counter offer sanctioned by Lawell.  Diligently following Aberdeen's own delegation of authority, McInnes sought approval from Milne to meet the counter proposal offered and was successful in procuring such.  McInnes called Rodgers to pass on the news that Aberdeen would indeed meet Lawell's counter proposal.  Rodgers, in turn, duly passed the news, and his blessing, to Lawell who at this point decided to back out of the deal and reject the offer.  You may call this "his prerogative", however, I suggest Lawell's actions lacked professionalism, integrity and wasted a lot of people's time.  But don't take my word for it, have a look at what constitutes a binding contract under Scottish law.

Not sure i can make the above any clearer to be honest.  Hope it gets through.......

30 minutes ago, Davied14 said:

Celtic fans on another forum I frequent said pretty much this earlier in the week. Means they face a weakened Aberdeen team every time they play.

Not surprised to hear this.  I think most people can see the that benefits to Celtic are considerable.  Again, as per my previous post, for the avoidance of doubt and for those who need things explained a bit more than others, I don't blame Celtic for this, I blame the loan system governance.

Edited by SMcoolJ

16 minutes ago, SMcoolJ said:

That's quite an assertion.  However, it is possible that someone could quickly and rashly arrive at that conclusion if, say for example, they had not read the previous message with any degree of accuracy whatsoever. 

Let me try and spell it out for you again, this time using extra words in the hope you can understand.  McInnes called Rodgers in order to make a proposal to purchase Christie.  Rodgers told Mcinnes that he agreed with the proposal but would need to pass it to Lawell.  Rodgers duly passed the proposal, with his blessing, to Lawell.  Lawell rejected the proposal but suggested a counter proposal for Rodgers to communicate to McInnes.  (For the avoidance of doubt, Lawell's counter proposal was that the offer had to match the amount that Celtic had paid ICT for Christie - fair enough many, including me, would agree.)  Rodgers duly called McInnes informing him that his original offer had been rejected by Lawell but, in its place, provided McInnes with details of the counter offer sanctioned by Lawell.  Diligently following Aberdeen's own delegation of authority, McInnes sought approval from Milne to meet the counter proposal offered and was successful in procuring such.  McInnes called Rodgers to pass on the news that Aberdeen would indeed meet Lawell's counter proposal.  Rodgers, in turn, duly passed the news, and his blessing, to Lawell who at this point decided to back out of the deal and reject the offer.  You may call this "his prerogative", however, I suggest Lawell's actions lacked professionalism, integrity and wasted a lot of people's time.  But don't take my word for it, have a look at what constitutes a binding contract under Scottish law.

Not sure i can make the above any clearer to be honest.  Hope it gets through.......

All you have described is two managers having a hypothetical chat, anything else is outwith their remit. Hope that's clear enough for you. Hope it gets through 👍

38 minutes ago, Davied14 said:

Absolute pish. The chat on some Celtic forums lately has been along the lines of recalling Christie with Rogic and Armstrong out for 2 months and Roberts still a bit away.

7 minutes ago, slasher said:

All you have described is two managers having a hypothetical chat, anything else is outwith their remit. Hope that's clear enough for you. Hope it gets through 👍

Absolute pish. The chat on some Celtic forums lately has been along the lines of recalling Christie with Rogic and Armstrong out for 2 months and Roberts still a bit away.

Right.  So the fairly descriptive parts of text highlighting Lawell and Milne's active and procedural involvement have passed you over again?  That's 5 mins of my life i'm never getting back.  

Have a cracking weekend, life's too short.

Edited by SMcoolJ

4 minutes ago, SMcoolJ said:

Right.  So the fairly descriptive parts of text highlighting Lawell and Milne's active and procedural involvement have passed you over again?  That's 5 mins of my life i'm never getting back.  

Have a cracking weekend, life's too short.

Ffs, you're thick as fvck. 

There was no procedural involvement, no written offer made or rejected everything was discussed informally ya doss kvnt. You do know what an informal discussion is don't you?

31 minutes ago, slasher said:

Ffs, you're thick as fvck. 

There was no procedural involvement, no written offer made or rejected everything was discussed informally ya doss kvnt. You do know what an informal discussion is don't you?

Laughable  Presictable and laughable.

I’m aware of what an informal discussion is. I’m also fully versed with what hypothetical means. Neither of these come close to describing what was an active purchase attempt by AFC that resulted in the directors and management of both clubs being involved in a transaction that constitutes a legally binding contract. Just so you know, AFC took legal advice for this very reason.

You do realise that nothing in writing is required to form a contract? No, of course you don’t, I was expecting too much.

Please stop with the insults and attempts to rubbish anything said by me or others in the hope they wil stop responding to your futile and uneducated ramblings. I’ve attempted to explain facts in a rational and decent manner. You however have resorted to making a complete and utter tit of yourself again.

I bid you farewell and sincerely hope our paths never cross.  

Rumours circulating around Edinburgh

Outgoing

Anthony Stokes

Daveidis Matelivicius

Danny Swanson

John McGinn

David Gray (not leaving but out for the rest of the season)

Incoming

Ikechi Anya

Young American Keeper

John McGinn & Dylan McGeouch offered new deals but both want to match the top earner, another reason to get shot of Stokes. I believe McGinn is only signing on so Hibs get a bigger fee and St Mirren get a bigger sell on clause 

Its going to be an interesting last few days of the window at Easter Road

Edited by DoonTheSlope

'active purchase attempt', 'a transaction', 'legally binding contract'.

None of what you describe encompasses any of those terms. I'll apologise for the insults but your attempt to eulogize this as some sort of nailed on agreement is laughable. Perhaps McInnes and Rodgers will conduct themselves more professionally in future. For the record the info I have is more simple.....Rodgers changed his mind. People do you know. Maybe he's attempted to throw Lawell under the bus for it but I would doubt it.

Edited by slasher

12 minutes ago, SMcoolJ said:

Laughable  Presictable and laughable.

I’m aware of what an informal discussion is. I’m also fully versed with what hypothetical means. Neither of these come close to describing what was an active purchase attempt by AFC that resulted in the directors and management of both clubs being involved in a transaction that constitutes a legally binding contract. Just so you know, AFC took legal advice for this very reason.

You do realise that nothing in writing is required to form a contract? No, of course you don’t, I was expecting too much.

Please stop with the insults and attempts to rubbish anything said by me or others in the hope they wil stop responding to your futile and uneducated ramblings. I’ve attempted to explain facts in a rational and decent manner. You however have resorted to making a complete and utter tit of yourself again.

I bid you farewell and sincerely hope our paths never cross.  

Oh and cheerio 🙋

7 minutes ago, DoonTheSlope said:

Rumours circulating around Edinburgh

Outgoing

Anthony Stokes

Daveidis Matelivicius

Danny Swanson

John McGinn

David Gray (not leaving but out for the rest of the season)

Incoming

Ikechi Anya

Young American Keeper

John McGinn & Dylan McGeouch offered new deals but both want to match the top earner, another reason to get shot of Stokes. I believe McGinn is only signing on so Hibs get a bigger fee and St Mirren get a bigger sell on clause 

Its going to be an interesting last few days of the window at Easter Road

Where is Stokes going. He really is a dick of a boy!