Transfers, Rumours and Delusional Pish 2016/17/18 - Page 171 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Transfers, Rumours and Delusional Pish 2016/17/18

The scurry back up the M6 by players who thought they had something only to find out they couldn’t hack it at a better level has become depressingly familiar. Not that surprising in the case of Cummings perhaps, was never that impressed with him at Hibs but (from a Scotland perspective) would be happy to be proved wrong. Hasn’t played since November though, and never struck me as someone who would knuckle down, work hard and earn back starting place even in what is a very ordinary Championship side. It’ll be spun by the media in Glasgow if he does end up at Rangers of course.

Edited by Pool Q

1 hour ago, Squirrelhumper said:

Decent player but like any winger can disappear at times. Decision making need to improve.

Lightening quick though. I've hard our valuation is closer to £1m.

Hope you hold out for it, and price us out of it.  From what I've seen (2 or 3 times) of Jones, he needs space like O'Halloran, which I think he won't find for us.  

23 minutes ago, Debian said:

Hope you hold out for it, and price us out of it.  From what I've seen (2 or 3 times) of Jones, he needs space like O'Halloran, which I think he won't find for us.  

Do you play on smaller parks or something?

Anyway....same old Rangers.

@RonnieEsplin
Steve Clarke confirms @RangersFC bid for Jordan Jones “nowhere near acceptable. I would be a little bit sad if I was the player, it was so low. Easy to turn down.”

11 minutes ago, Squirrelhumper said:

Do you play on smaller parks or something?

Anyway....same old Rangers.

@RonnieEsplin
Steve Clarke confirms @RangersFC bid for Jordan Jones “nowhere near acceptable. I would be a little bit sad if I was the player, it was so low. Easy to turn down.”

Unsettle the player, get him to submit a Transfer request... 

36 minutes ago, Debian said:

Was going to say sounds a bit like O'Halloran. TBF to O'Halloran though he didn't get a run of games, and was playing in a team with little to no movement up front so when he did get past his man and looked to cross there was noone there for him to cross to.

9 hours ago, theweestevie said:

What are you opinions of the player? I have to admit I know next to nothing about him.

He's decent but like so many wingers we've had at RP, he's got absolutely little to no end product.  Exciting to watch right enough, but him beating 2-3 players and then failing to pick anyone out is an all too familiar sight.  As SH says 750k would be a fair price.  He'll end up back down south I reckon.

1 hour ago, Scunnered said:

He's decent but like so many wingers we've had at RP, he's got absolutely little to no end product.  Exciting to watch right enough, but him beating 2-3 players and then failing to pick anyone out is an all too familiar sight.  As SH says 750k would be a fair price.  He'll end up back down south I reckon.

Frankly if he's capable of beating people and doing nothing with it, he's not worth the 750k. I'd say our evaluation is much more accurate. 

So, assuming your summary is right I'd prefer if we just promote from our own youth setup. 

Ive seen nothing of the boy in question so don't have an opinion of him. 

6 minutes ago, RenfrewBlue said:

Frankly if he's capable of beating people and doing nothing with it, he's not worth the 750k. I'd say our evaluation is much more accurate. 

So, assuming your summary is right I'd prefer if we just promote from our own youth setup. 

Ive seen nothing of the boy in question so don't have an opinion of him. 

You'd be hard pushed to buy a 23 year old international for 350k anywhere to be fair.  I'm not JJ's biggest fan but there are those who rate him far more highly than I do...  Including Steve Clarke who is the Messiah.  £3m it is!

4 minutes ago, Squirrelhumper said:

Screenshot_20180116-004840.jpg

Boyd has upset the huns.

Somebody should go and tell them we posted a £1m profit in our last accounts.

What a bunch of brain donors.

their brain dead minority really do struggle to accept their new place in football. Its comedy gold:lol:

1 hour ago, Parklife said:

Is it correct that SPFL rules dictate that a club can only have 4 loan players at anyone time? If so, Rangers cannot sign another one. 

I could be wrong but I thought I read somewhere that the limit of 4 was from within the same league and the actual limit was 7 in total.  I think I read that on FF right enough so it could be complete horse shit.

1 hour ago, Parklife said:

Is it correct that SPFL rules dictate that a club can only have 4 loan players at anyone time? If so, Rangers cannot sign another one. 

I don't think "international" loans count so they could fill their team with loanees if they want to (and if that isn't what they're already trying to do).