Transfers, Rumours and Delusional Pish 2016/17/18 - Page 170 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Transfers, Rumours and Delusional Pish 2016/17/18

Guest BlueGaz
Just now, Ormond said:

You admitted grassing him up.

Oh right. I’m not denying that. You mention it every month or so and if I’m around I normally say something. My post was aimed at you saying I was upset. I don’t recall saying that. 

4 minutes ago, BlueGaz said:

Oh right. I’m not denying that. You mention it every month or so and if I’m around I normally say something. My post was aimed at you saying I was upset. I don’t recall saying that. 

I just bring it up each time I see you name calling. :)

Guest BlueGaz
4 minutes ago, Ormond said:

I just bring it up each time I see you name calling. :)

No you don’t, stick with the program, you often bring it up when I’m nowhere to be seen. It’s what you do, bore cants to death. 

1 minute ago, BlueGaz said:

No you don’t, stick with the program, you often bring it up when I’m nowhere to be seen. It’s what you do, bore cants to death. 

No, I bring it up only when you namecall. Which is exactly the pish you reported Parkie for. 

Guest BlueGaz
Just now, Ormond said:

No, I bring it up only when you namecall. Which is exactly the pish you reported Parkie for. 

No, you mention it more often than that. Mebbes all that drink fecking with yer heid?

2 hours ago, Mox said:

Tierney does come across as a decent guy, but it shouldn't take away from the fact that this season, he like many others to be fair has been below par. Hopefully this break will do him good and he returns fresh and as dynamic as he was last season. 

Interested in your opinion on Sinclair this season. His stats are pretty much as good as last season but when I've seen him he doesn't look anywhere near as influential. 

Agree on Tierney. Absolutely brilliant but has looked tired this season recently. 

3 hours ago, RenfrewBlue said:

Interested in your opinion on Sinclair this season. His stats are pretty much as good as last season but when I've seen him he doesn't look anywhere near as influential. 

Agree on Tierney. Absolutely brilliant but has looked tired this season recently. 

I'm sure there is a stat that says he has played more football this season than any other player in Europe, including internationals. I think Lustig is 2nd. 

2 hours ago, PASTA Mick said:

I'm sure there is a stat that says he has played more football this season than any other player in Europe, including internationals. I think Lustig is 2nd. 

Maybe why Celtic have failed then?

3 hours ago, Ormond said:

Maybe why Celtic have failed then?

Failed? Not sure what you mean by that.

I do think that the unbeaten run led to us not rotating the team round as much as we should. As such some players played too much and ended the year looking tired and performances dropped.

We also didn't get much of a summer break because of how early the CL starts for us. 

11 hours ago, RenfrewBlue said:

Sinclair is undoubtedly a talented footballer which is why he has played for some big clubs in his time, but I do think he lacks intelligence re: decision making on the park which would maybe explain why hes never really made it at any of those big clubs down south.

He needs to be pushed a wee bit more at Celtic, I get the impression he is comfortable and his performances have reflected that over the last 12 months. 

8 minutes ago, Mox said:

Sinclair is undoubtedly a talented footballer which is why he has played for some big clubs in his time, but I do think he lacks intelligence re: decision making on the park which would maybe explain why hes never really made it at any of those big clubs down south.

He needs to be pushed a wee bit more at Celtic, I get the impression he is comfortable and his performances have reflected that over the last 12 months. 

I do think complacency can set in if things are happening too easily. He certainly seems to have dropped a few levels judging by how he's played against us. 

The early start to the season won't have helped, however other players and teams have coped with that. 

19 hours ago, Ormond said:

I remember someone getting upset and whacking the report button once because someone dared to call him a name. I think it may have been a moron he was called.  :whistling:

19 hours ago, Ormond said:

Really? I thought it was Parkie?

Yeah, i started an awards thread with various awards for TAMB members. Our Gaz rightfully earned the title of "Moron of the year". It wasn't even a close run thing TBH. I got a weeks ban for it. It really just depends whether the Mods like you or not when it comes to suspensions. 

Unfortunately there was no award for "most sensitive wee gimp" or he'd have picked up a double at the awards ceremony. 

17 hours ago, vanderark14 said:

I've had two suspensions, one for calling BG a moron and one for doing similar to Parkie. 

1. You called me a bit worse
2. I 100% never grassed on you. The only person i've ever grassed on was Gaz, in retaliation for him getting me banned for feck all. 

On 11/01/2018 at 6:16 PM, Mox said:

Tierney does come across as a decent guy, but it shouldn't take away from the fact that this season, he like many others to be fair has been below par. Hopefully this break will do him good and he returns fresh and as dynamic as he was last season. 

I don't think anyone thinks it takes away from him being "below par" (he's still only 20 years old btw, players of that are often inconsistent whereas he has been excellent for the majority of his short career so far)

He's just a genuine Celtic man and loves to meet the supporters, it wasn't some publicity stunt.

1 hour ago, dandydunn said:

Aberdeen reject bid from Hull for Scott McKenna. 

19 year old, playing out of his skin, 4 years left on contract, U21 (McKay wanted him called up for full cap in Netherlands game).  Still early days, but he looks like a fantastic prospect. We’d need a seriously silly bid.

10 hours ago, SMcoolJ said:

19 year old, playing out of his skin, 4 years left on contract, U21 (McKay wanted him called up for full cap in Netherlands game).  Still early days, but he looks like a fantastic prospect. We’d need a seriously silly bid.

Yup. Got to be rejecting anything below £2 million + a sell on clause. 

3 hours ago, Parklife said:

Yup. Got to be rejecting anything below £2 million + a sell on clause. 

300K chicken feed offer - given he has had new contract, and wage increase, the development fee would be that i am sure, even if he was out of contract, rather than the 4 year contract he is on

Edited by euan2020

14 hours ago, SMcoolJ said:

He's 21, not 19...

On 1/11/2018 at 5:23 PM, Ormond said:

I got a detailed telling off for calling the Queen a fucking cunt, or something along those lines. :lol:

Actually, it may have been showing glee at the rumours that she was away to cowp. :D

I think Cove got a suspension for talking shit about Walter Smith.

Can’t honestly say McKenna has ever stood out in games I’ve been at, but if he is so highly rated I hope Aberdeen play hardball. Hearts just got c.£350k for s laddie called Marc Leonard from Brighton, just turned 16, never been near the first team.

2 hours ago, Pool Q said:

Can’t honestly say McKenna has ever stood out in games I’ve been at, but if he is so highly rated I hope Aberdeen play hardball. Hearts just got c.£350k for s laddie called Marc Leonard from Brighton, just turned 16, never been near the first team.

Hull sold a centre half for £17M. Imagine McKenna was at Hull right now and Leeds or someone wanted him, wonder what the asking price would be?