Transfers, Rumours and Delusional Pish 2016/17/18 - Page 149 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Transfers, Rumours and Delusional Pish 2016/17/18

Just now, dandydunn said:

Rangers reported to be signing some South American striker called Äugust. 

He'll be wearing number 2012. 

That might have been funny if you'd used the date we won the Fish & Chips Cup (first ever trophy and all that.....)

On 11/08/2017 at 11:58 AM, SMcoolJ said:

Yes, yes you are.

Firstly, nobody is making any such proclamations.  Secondly, he's been injured for a significant portion of the chapter of his playing history you cared to "reference".

At Wednesday he played, his strike rate was hardly magnificent.

He's over rated , magnificently over rated.

8 hours ago, macy37 said:

At Wednesday he played, his strike rate was hardly magnificent.

He's over rated , magnificently over rated.

Griffiths was considered a dud by Wolves, yet he's your best striker. :rolleyes: 

1 hour ago, macy37 said:

He was far from a "dud", far from it.

Why did they punt him on loan to hibs for 2 of the 3 years he spent there? Was it because they thought he was brilliant and really wanted to help Hibs out? 

6 hours ago, Parklife said:

Why did they punt him on loan to hibs for 2 of the 3 years he spent there? Was it because they thought he was brilliant and really wanted to help Hibs out? 

I've no idea, I wasn't involved.

duds don't score, what was it, one in 3 games, duds score substantially less. It was well documented at the time he struggled to settle. He is now the best striker in the country by some way. If May can get anywhere near half this form he'll be doing well but he won't as he is now the definition of a dud, an injury prone one.

6 hours ago, Parklife said:

duds don't score, what was it, one in 3 games, duds score substantially less. It was well documented at the time he struggled to settle. He is now the best striker in the country by some way. If May can get anywhere near half this form he'll be doing well but he won't as he is now the definition of a dud, an injury prone one.

3 hours ago, macy37 said:

Wolves didn't want him. A league 1/lower championship side did not want him. No matter how you try to spin it. 

I like Griffiths, I was championing him on here when he played with Livi and I doubt you even knew who he was. However, he's clearly developed further since joining Celtic. My point is that you're dismissing a players who's career trajectory is been quite similar to Griffiths and ignoring the fact that he also has the opportunity to improve. 

But your typical blinkered arrogance is refusing to allow you to be rational or objective. 

In summary: yer havering shite, ya walloper. :ok:

5 hours ago, macy37 said:

May is 1 in every 2.25 games - Griffiths is 1 in every 1.85 games , although Griffiths has played double the games 

1 hour ago, euan2020 said:

May is 1 in every 2.25 games - Griffiths is 1 in every 1.85 games , although Griffiths has played double the games 

But Griffiths has also played a shedload of games for Celtic and anyone playing up front for them is going to get loads of chances compared to other strikers at other clubs. You're not comparing like with like. 

26 minutes ago, Hertsscot said:

But Griffiths has also played a shedload of games for Celtic and anyone playing up front for them is going to get loads of chances compared to other strikers at other clubs. You're not comparing like with like. 

I know - although May had a lot of goals at Hamilton & Alloa

Unless you start factoring Griffiths goals such as Ballon Do "or with 0.75 etc , I think you can only go for bare stats 

My point was Macy was suggesting May was 1 in 3, while his 2.25 is not so far away from Griffiths 1 in 1.85