Transfers, Rumours and Delusional Pish 2016/17/18 - Page 145 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Transfers, Rumours and Delusional Pish 2016/17/18

3 minutes ago, Parklife said:

You don't actually believe that, do you? 

Which part? 

1. You lot thinking second place is a formality?  (No, I don't think all Dons fans think this)

or 

2. There are teams next season who could challenge Aberdeen to second place? (Yes, I think there will be, and Hibs are one of them)

2 minutes ago, Brummie Hibs said:

Which part? 

1. You lot thinking second place is a formality?  (No, I don't think all Dons fans think this)

or 

2. There are teams next season who could challenge Aberdeen to second place? (Yes, I think there will be, and Hibs are one of them)

That Hibs will finish within 15 points of Aberdeen. Hibs fans always have these delusions. You took three attempts to get out the Championship and have Efe Amrbose at CB and Simon Murray up front :lol: 

Hibs should just focus on getting top half. They'll finish below Hearts, as usual. 

12 minutes ago, Parklife said:

That Hibs will finish within 15 points of Aberdeen. Hibs fans always have these delusions. You took three attempts to get out the Championship and have Efe Amrbose at CB and Simon Murray up front :lol: 

Hibs should just focus on getting top half. They'll finish below Hearts, as usual. 

Not so sure about Hearts finishing above Hibs this season Parklife. 

They seem to be about as stable as Theresa May's election strategy just now. ?

1 hour ago, Parklife said:

I especially liked Ambrose's performance in the SC semi-final last season. 

Imagine trying to boast about signing that diddy :lol: 

If we're talking internationalist's then Killie will have a few going by Hibs logic!

Boyd

Greer

Broadfoot

Burke

Bell (will be signed by deadline)

Christ i'll add Jig as he's still registered!

11 minutes ago, RenfrewBlue said:

Not so sure about Hearts finishing above Hibs this season Parklife. 

They seem to be about as stable as Theresa May's election strategy just now. ?

Aye but it's Hibs, Hearts always finish above them. ;) Their squad is stronger than Hibs' too IMO. A solid goalie and a decent wide player and they'll be in good shape, player wise.  Obviously management is the unknown issue at the moment. It's a 50:50 call at present, IMO. 

I just find the Hibs bravado a bit funny. A false sense of confidence due to beating Falkirk and an in disarray Dundee Utd to the title. Hibs got less points (by 5), had less wins (by 6) and scored less goals (by 15) in the Championship than Aberdeen did in the Premiership last season. I'd also argue we've improved our squad and are still looking to do so. Hibs only actually improved their Championship record last season by 1 point compared to the previous season (when they finished joint on points with Falkirk and a mile behind Rangers). 

And on the back of all this, Brummie Hibs think Aberdeen are scared of Hibs? :lol: 

1 hour ago, Parklife said:

Aye but it's Hibs, Hearts always finish above them. ;) Their squad is stronger than Hibs' too IMO. A solid goalie and a decent wide player and they'll be in good shape, player wise.  Obviously management is the unknown issue at the moment. It's a 50:50 call at present, IMO. 

I just find the Hibs bravado a bit funny. A false sense of confidence due to beating Falkirk and an in disarray Dundee Utd to the title. Hibs got less points (by 5), had less wins (by 6) and scored less goals (by 15) in the Championship than Aberdeen did in the Premiership last season. I'd also argue we've improved our squad and are still looking to do so. Hibs only actually improved their Championship record last season by 1 point compared to the previous season (when they finished joint on points with Falkirk and a mile behind Rangers). 

And on the back of all this, Brummie Hibs think Aberdeen are scared of Hibs? :lol: 

I agree that Hibs have zero chance of 2nd. I think that's between Rangers and Aberdeen. And a large part of our chances relies on the team gelling properly. 

Still think Aberdeen are going to miss Hayes but we're all going to find out soon enough. 

I'd go for 

Celtic

Rangers (what a surprise!) 

Aberdeen 

Hearts (assuming a half decent coach) 

St Johnstone 

Hibs or Partick 

2 hours ago, Squirrelhumper said:

If we're talking internationalist's then Killie will have a few going by Hibs logic!

Boyd

Greer

Broadfoot

Burke

Bell (will be signed by deadline)

Christ i'll add Jig as he's still registered!

we had 14 internationalists on our books last season, we have got rid of 8 and only signed 3 more.

we are doomed !!!

I think Rangers and Aberdeen will be fighting it out for second place with Hearts, Saints, Hibs and Partick some distance behind. 

If we can get a decent manager in i think we will finish 4th 

1 minute ago, hannibal smith said:

we had 14 internationalists on our books last season, we have got rid of 8 and only signed 3 more.

we are doomed !!!

I think Rangers and Aberdeen will be fighting it out for second place with Hearts, Saints, Hibs and Partick some distance behind. 

If we can get a decent manager in i think we will finish 4th 

On paper I think we are looking a good bit stronger than Saints or Thistle but time will tell I suppose.

Saints big loss will be Swanson. Unreal the games he won on his own last year. We'll still be guaranteed a sweep of points against Hearts though. Hoping they make the top six as it's another sure 3 points for us. 

22 minutes ago, Larky Masher said:

They could have paid for him in ginger bottles, still it is quite encouraging to see the culling continuing.

Totally agree. Never going to be good enough for us. 

1 hour ago, Debian said:

Ipswich bid - Rangers pish themselves and bit the hand off - £1.1m for Martyn Waghorn ?

TBF I think he is a decent player he is just really struggling for confidence. He never recovered after his injury against Hamilton on the opening day of last season. I think a fresh start will be good for him and he will go on to have a decent season.