Transfers, Rumours and Delusional Pish 2016/17/18 - Page 111 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Transfers, Rumours and Delusional Pish 2016/17/18

7 hours ago, Fairbairn said:

Given he's replacing 38 year old Clint Hill it's a great step to reduce the average age of the squad....

.....although according to Twitter earlier we were linked with former Portuguese Captain, Ferdinand Magellan :lol:. That would have pushed the average right back up.

7 hours ago, Mox said:

He's a p h ucking dumpling.

With a winners medal from the last Euros. 

Tell me, how many of the current Celtic squad have one eye of those? 

And before anyone gets all arsey, I don't think he'll be the greatest defender ever but I do think he'll be able enough for the Scottish game. He also hopefully won't give Dembele the freedom of the city when we next play you. 

15 hours ago, Mox said:

He's a p h ucking dumpling.

80odd caps for Portugal, albeit unlikely to get any more, wealth of experience to bring and he will be more than capable in Scotland. 

5 year younger than Davie Weir and he was still one of the best CB's in the league at 40!

On 2017-5-29 at 1:00 PM, Parklife said:

He's a far more productive player than Forrest. 

I'm a far more productive player than Forrest, but Hayes is a good player, would be a loss for Aberdeen.

15 hours ago, PASTA Mick said:

He's not good enough. 

Having a laugh? He would canter into the Celtic team.

23 minutes ago, PASTA Mick said:

Dorrans? You are mental if you think he'd get in the Celtic team. I've no idea what you see when you watch a football match. 

You rate James Forrest enough said

1 hour ago, sbcmfc said:

What's happened to Dorrans? Has he been injured? Not heard much of him since he went to Norwich.

According to the Norwich website he played 23 games, 22 of them starts, last season.  He was out for a bit around the turn of the year with a knee injury.  Again, like Alves, he'll be a significant improvement on what we have currently.

1 hour ago, sbcmfc said:

What's happened to Dorrans? Has he been injured? Not heard much of him since he went to Norwich.

His career seems to have stalled after the problems in his personal life, but he still managed a good amount of games for Norwich this season (22-ish IIRC), but just seems completely out the picture at international level.

Guest BlueGaz
21 minutes ago, Blackpool78 said:

The Rangers are coming :lol: Aberdeen watch out 

:lol: Don't think that is on the horizon.  Maybe just over ..... ahem ..... all going well?

2 hours ago, PASTA Mick said:

As does Brenden Rodgers and every other manager that has worked with him. 

4 hours ago, PASTA Mick said:

Oh well he must be good then. He's utterly pish, I know plenty of Celtic fans, season ticket holders a d otherwise and I don't know is anyone that rates him. A winger that is scared to go past folk, if he actually tries he falls over or canny cross the ball. Shite

9 hours ago, Dalgety Bay TA said:

:lol::lol:

Are you 12? 

He played about 70 mins of 1 game in the entire Euro's, he was hardly pivotal to Portugal winning the thing.

Not to be too pedantic, but I also think he was also suspended for the start of the tournament for taking out Kane in that friendly.

Anyway, 90 odd caps when he was up against Pepe for a starting spot inst too bad.

Just need to hope his legs still work.

21 hours ago, shaggycoo said:

Read today that Dundee are apparently looking at Ross, and Inverness might also be interested but the decision makers there are on holiday or something - surely he would set his sights higher than these 2 should he consider leave Paisley??

He's a Dundee fan so that's a worry.

"Sincere apologies for spoiling the thread by  talking about clubs other than Celtic, Rangers and Aberdeen.

Bad me 

On 30/05/2017 at 0:42 PM, hannibal smith said:

Liam Sercombe, seen him play a few times as Oxford are my wifes team and get dragged along there when i am down, reckon he would be a pretty decent signing for your lot.

I see Jamie Walker is leaving Hearts, no big loss there and would be as well cashing in as he is out of contract next summer.

Sercombe joined Bristol Rovers today according to EBC.

11 hours ago, Dalgety Bay TA said:

:lol::lol:

Are you 12? 

He played about 70 mins of 1 game in the entire Euro's, he was hardly pivotal to Portugal winning the thing.

If you'd bothered to read the whole post you'd have realised that comment was tongue in cheek, albeit factually correct. It was aimed at the same level as that to which I was responding. 

Try not to be so precious snowflake. ?

I think, assuming his legs still work OK, that he'll be a better signing than the ones he has replaced.