Transfers, Rumours and Delusional Pish 2016/17/18 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Transfers, Rumours and Delusional Pish 2016/17/18

A bit early for this I know, however the first daft rumour for us has surfaced, in the name of Joey Barton!! 

Normally wouldn't pay any attention to it, however the guy posting it (and subsequently being backed up by a couple of others) have pretty good records with this sort of thing. 

I'm bored at work so thought I would share. Really can't see this. Certainly, I would imagine Slasher's bairns will be safe enough......

Ps Jordan Rossiter from Liverpool is looking like a done deal. He is out of contract but we are due £250k compo. Know only what I've read. 2nd youngest scorer in Liverpool's history a couple of years back and has been capped by England at under 19's. Has only featured 5 times for the first team, and once under Klopp. 

Rossiter is coming off the back of a long term injury but sometimes its worth taking a risk. He suffered a hamstring injury on England duty in Oct and it flared up again. He is described as an authoritative midfielder with an extensive passing ability. Certainly a position we need to strengthen.Only just turned 19 as well. Hope he signs.

1 hour ago, EddardStark said:

Rossiter is coming off the back of a long term injury but sometimes its worth taking a risk. He suffered a hamstring injury on England duty in Oct and it flared up again. He is described as an authoritative midfielder with an extensive passing ability. Certainly a position we need to strengthen.Only just turned 19 as well. Hope he signs.

Warburton's signings have been very good so far so quite happy to trust their judgement on it. 

We're going to have another 3 months of daily shite, where newspapers will connect every single player out there with Rangers.

Rangers fans will deny that they're going to sign anyone outside an Albion Rovers reserve player, but just under the surface they're a bit delighted because all the nonsense makes them feel like they're supporting a big team again.

In the end, and despite all the denials, Rangers will blow more than a million on transfer fees and wages .In a years time, even more. 

3 minutes ago, Rossy said:

We're going to have another 3 months of daily shite, where newspapers will connect every single player out there with Rangers.

Rangers fans will deny that they're going to sign anyone outside an Albion Rovers reserve player, but just under the surface they're a bit delighted because all the nonsense makes them feel like they're supporting a big team again.

In the end, and despite all the denials, Rangers will blow more than a million on transfer fees and wages .In a years time, even more. 

A million would  be ok. I imagine we'll move a few on though,.

Edited by EddardStark

10 minutes ago, EddardStark said:

A million would  be ok. I imagine we'll move a few on though,.

Maybe.

My point is though is that, despite their denials, Rangers fans will be demanding that they compete with Celtic from this season onwards. The club are not going to do that by adopting the same spending habits as the other 10 clubs in the Premiership.

It's only a matter of time until Rangers are back into the same spending patterns that they adopted for much of the last 30 years.

13 minutes ago, Rossy said:

I agree with your first and very possibly the last part. 

The bit in the middle is, of course, drivel. 

3 minutes ago, Rossy said:

Maybe.

My point is though is that, despite their denials, Rangers fans will be demanding that they compete with Celtic from this season onwards. The club are not going to do that by adopting the same spending habits as the other 10 clubs in the Premiership.

It's only a matter of time until Rangers are back into the same spending patterns that they adopted for much of the last 30 years.

Rangers fans are prepared to see how we measure up in the first season back. I don't think we need to spend much to compete. We certainly won't match any attempt by Celtic to buy the league.

10 minutes ago, Rossy said:

Maybe.

I think this is a bit closer imo. There are already a good number of our fans expecting us to compete for the league. I've said already it will be interesting to see the reaction the first home league game that we lose. We have had a good season, but a bit of realism is needed for some of us, no doubt about it. We are far from.the finished article.  

That said I'm not convinced it is money driven. The vast majority have bought into Warburton's approach, and he does seem to like a certain type of player. Time will tell of course but I'm not so sure reckless, panic spending, would be welcomed by the majority of fans, as you are suggesting.

4 minutes ago, Angus_Young said:

I think this is a bit closer imo. There are already a good number of our fans expecting us to compete for the league. I've said already it will be interesting to see the reaction the first home league game that we lose. We have had a good season, but a bit of realism is needed for some of us, no doubt about it. We are far from.the finished article.  

That said I'm not convinced it is money driven. The vast majority have bought into Warburton's approach, and he does seem to like a certain type of player. Time will tell of course but I'm not so sure reckless, panic spending, would be welcomed by the majority of fans, as you are suggesting.

Maybe you're right, but with all respect Rangers fans aren't actually known for their willingness to accept frugal, sensible financial behaviour, when reckless speculate to accumulate is on offer....;)

Let's not forget that the clubs first actions after bankruptcy were to go out and pay large wages for Premiership players....and boast about it.

I sense a pattern.....:P

Caught something this week about the rangers being interested in a player who would cost £3m.  

Looking forward to a rangersless season after next already :)

13 hours ago, wembley67lisbon said:

Joey Barton who just got promoted with burnley?

I was listening to an interview with him earlier this week and they asked him about signing a new contract with Burnley (it sounded like the current one runs out this summer) and he certainly didn't sound like he was about to sign to play for them again. 

I wouldn't be surprised if Barton wasn't at Burnley next season. However, I would be surprised if he joined sevco. 

21 hours ago, EddardStark said:

Rangers fans are prepared to see how we measure up in the first season back. I don't think we need to spend much to compete. We certainly won't match any attempt by Celtic to buy the league.

Aye the rangers fans are well known for their patience.........

21 hours ago, Rossy said:

Maybe you're right, but with all respect Rangers fans aren't actually known for their willingness to accept frugal, sensible financial behaviour, when reckless speculate to accumulate is on offer....;)

Let's not forget that the clubs first actions after bankruptcy were to go out and pay large wages for Premiership players....and boast about it.

I sense a pattern.....:P

Haha aye fair enough, and I'm certainly not denying that has happened previously, however I do think there has been a change on that front. The Scott Allan and Michael O'Hallorran sagas this season are a case in point. 

As for your second point, I think our support did eventually wake up there, although it's quite unbelievable that a huge number supported that approach initially. Again I can't deny that it didn't happen, but certainly the majority of lads I know were absolutely seething at the signings we were making. If you think back to posts on.here, most Gers fans were pretty raging about it all. 

Of course, by the time something WAS actually done about it, we were in absolute shit state, and still feeling the effects of that period now. I would, hope, we are a bit more cautious with that in mind. 

12 hours ago, RenfrewBlue said:

Exactly. It's a load of pish, hopefully. 

15 hours ago, wembley67lisbon said:

Joey Barton who just got promoted with burnley?

If that's all you are basing it on then I'm not convinced. Apparently only a one year deal is on the table at Burnley, and he is unlikely to feature every week. 

Pasta Mick is a bit closer I reckon. I heard the interview too and would agree with that.