Playoff System - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

The playoffs are a load of nonsense, Stranraer, Airdrie or the wee Rovers could be promoted this season with a negative goal difference.

Where is the incentive to develop a team when mediocrity can trump a season of hard work if you win the correct matches at the end of the season?

I reckon it should be 2 or 3 straight up and down and the best teams get it. 

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Disappointing stuff from Cove on Saturday, they've enough about them to turn it round in Edinburgh.

Would really like Cove to be admitted to the league proper with no stadium after being turned down 3 (three) times for not having a good enough stadium.

East Stirlingshire.

1 hour ago, thistle do nicely said:

The playoffs are a load of nonsense, Stranraer, Airdrie or the wee Rovers could be promoted this season with a negative goal difference.

Where is the incentive to develop a team when mediocrity can trump a season of hard work if you win the correct matches at the end of the season?

I reckon it should be 2 or 3 straight up and down and the best teams get it. 

If they have enough points to be in the play-offs then they deserve to be there imo, regardless of the goal difference. 3 straight up and down would be mental. Only 4 teams would be in the same league the following season. 2 would probably work.

1 hour ago, deecie said:

Disappointing stuff from Cove on Saturday, they've enough about them to turn it round in Edinburgh.

Would really like Cove to be admitted to the league proper with no stadium after being turned down 3 (three) times for not having a good enough stadium.

East Stirlingshire.

Cove should never have been admitted to the Highland League so whenever they eventually get promoted to the senior leagues it will right a wrong.

34 minutes ago, Donaldo87 said:

Can't be bothered with a new thread but it kinda fits here.

anyone know what happens if hibs and Falkirk tie on points and goal difference and goals scored? 

I think they measure the average pen*s size of the managers.

Possibly heard that somewhere but could be wrong.

19 minutes ago, Orraloon said:

Average? Average? How many penis's does each manager have?

Good point, I didn't really think that through properly.:lol:

I think I was originally going to type the average of the team or squad.

Certainly a cock up anyway.

Big day today in Championship for Falkirk and Hibs.

The 1st play offs are Tuesday and Friday this week, so going to be 3 games in 6 days for 2 teams. 

Off work tomorrow, so hopefully we will be celebrating 2nd place in the pub after the game. COYB! 

Edinburgh City thru to face East Stirling in the playoff I find most interesting.  I'd really like to see a new face in the League and a third team in Edinburgh.  Teams coming into the bottom level in England have envigorated it, hopefully it could do the same here. 

3 hours ago, adamntg said:

Edinburgh City thru to face East Stirling in the playoff I find most interesting.  I'd really like to see a new face in the League and a third team in Edinburgh.  Teams coming into the bottom level in England have envigorated it, hopefully it could do the same here. 

Careful what you wish for. In a few seasons time, your lot might be facing a play off against Lochee United.:lol: